Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Q & A Thread: Questions Answered Here Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:35 pm
iDragow
Thanks. I was still kinda wondering what happens if I die or am unconcious but the companion wasn't. Kinda nice to know it can still fight to help out the team. ^_^
there is one sticking point about that
Quote:
If your character is present in the encounter but incapable of commanding the beast, it must move as far as it can toward you each round on its turn, choosing the safest route possible. Once adjacent to you, the beast companion can act in any manner you wish.

otherwise you can treat it as your character (though, probably with a more limited power list thanks to your absence)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:55 pm
how do we roll dice in here?  

Ken Binshou

Reevinja Mk II rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:33 am
1] Click "Post reply"
2] Select Post Action.
3] Select the type of die.
4] Type in an amount.
5] Write message.
6] Submit Post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:59 pm
If one is interested in running a game, what would one have to do? For example, say I decided I wanted to start a campaign and such, it looks like I'd want a subforum. How do I go about setting that up? Is there a certain amount of "street cred" I'd need to get before I started? Etc, etc...  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:42 pm
Start a recrutment thread. Usualy if you have 6 or more people recruted you can get a sub forum by PMing Bam or Reev Mk II

Street cred? XD That's a good one. Thanks for the chuckle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:35 pm
Actually, to better clarify...

You need to simply have people interested in your game. If you start a recruitment thread, you need 4-5 interested people or 3 completed character sheets submitted. If you don't start a recruitment thread, I'll need you to get the people who are playing to PM me so I know they exist. xD. And again, 4-5 interested or 3 confirmed players with sheets.

After you get the people, send a PM with the system/name of the subforum and we'll get it to you as soon as one of us are available.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Sohisohi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:23 am
Nvm.... after spending some time trying to understand this thing.... I found it best to give up.... good luck to who ever hasn't played yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:18 pm
Ack, and here I was going to reply to your post after I finished a character sheet! >.<

That's too bad, though. D&D is great fun, I hope you'll give it another try sometime in the future. It does take time to learn - yes - but everything does.

Honestly, I don't have a better way to spend my free time. Probably why I'm everywhere within the guild. xD.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:45 pm
Everywhere and always watching =D

yea great way to burn away some free hours. Just the consepts that you can come up with are great

I'd heartly surgest giving it another try =3

We really should have an adopt a newbie thread to help new player learn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:30 pm
Glad to hear it's not impossible to get a game started. I've been itching to start something up, but I'm not sure I really should do it right now. Gonna get pretty busy at work very shortly.

I love playing RPGs, especially 3.5 and Pathfinder. I read rule books more often than I read actual novels.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:34 pm
Yes, yes, I won't let this topic go. But I was trying to research it on google, and I did come across one lone discussion about this very thing:

Can Wild Shaped dragonborns use their Dragon Breath?

As per definition of Wild Shape: "While you are in beast form, you can't use attack, utility, or feat powers that lack the beast form keyword, although you can sustain such powers."

So yeah, Dragon Breath is totally an Attack Power. At least, so I thought. Upon reading that discussion, they pointed out the line for the power is:

Quote:
Dragon Breath
Dragonborn Racial Power

... So, now, the debate becomes, can I not use it because it lacks the beast form keyword? Or, because it's not Attack (like class A/W, Enc, and Daily powers), Utility (like class utility powers) or Feat (oh divinity feats...) in the title, am I free to use?

I want to see what the guild thinks about this interpretation of the rules. Are Racial powers limited by Wild Shape, or aren't they?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:05 pm
Rain Yupa
Yes, yes, I won't let this topic go. But I was trying to research it on google, and I did come across one lone discussion about this very thing:

Can Wild Shaped dragonborns use their Dragon Breath?

As per definition of Wild Shape: "While you are in beast form, you can't use attack, utility, or feat powers that lack the beast form keyword, although you can sustain such powers."

So yeah, Dragon Breath is totally an Attack Power. At least, so I thought. Upon reading that discussion, they pointed out the line for the power is:

Quote:
Dragon Breath
Dragonborn Racial Power

... So, now, the debate becomes, can I not use it because it lacks the beast form keyword? Or, because it's not Attack (like class A/W, Enc, and Daily powers), Utility (like class utility powers) or Feat (oh divinity feats...) in the title, am I free to use?

I want to see what the guild thinks about this interpretation of the rules. Are Racial powers limited by Wild Shape, or aren't they?
I have two things to say on the subject. one is that this article includes a feat with the line "In addition, you can use second chance while in beast form." The other is that the same article also contains a feat that is virtually impossible to qualify for, so I wouldn't take it as rote just yet.

Personally, I see no problem with racial powers while wild shaped from a power standpoint or current RAW. half of them give you the opportunity to be thematic, and the rest are minor but useful general utility. Not to mention that denying the use of them means for any druid that primarily uses their beast form, their racial is all but a write-off.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:01 pm
SporkMaster5000
I have two things to say on the subject. one is that this article includes a feat with the line "In addition, you can use second chance while in beast form."
so, issue compilation with updated articles came out today. the relevant feat has been removed completely. so much for official word. rofl  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff