Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Q & A Thread: Questions Answered Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:08 pm
a wizard gains 'level 2' spells at level 4. so is caster level (unless told otherwise) 2 or 4? I know some spell like abilities work off hit dice but this got me to thinking about the normal class spells  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:28 pm
"Caster Level" is whatever level the character is. "Spell Level" is the level of the spell. You can't cast a spell above your caster level, but vice versa is fine, and the usual.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:49 pm
Decent diceless rpg systems?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:53 pm
Here's a short list.

Of them, I've only played Everway and Nobilis, and I've enjoyed both. I actually just ordered the Nobilis book a few weeks ago and have been reading through it. As someone who is very rationally minded, it makes me weep.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:12 pm
Rain Yupa
Here's a short list.

Of them, I've only played Everway and Nobilis, and I've enjoyed both. I actually just ordered the Nobilis book a few weeks ago and have been reading through it. As someone who is very rationally minded, it makes me weep.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:28 am
Hi. My request to join was just accepted, ad I have a migraine so I'm not going to read through all the questions here. So if it's been asked; which I'd be surprised if it had, then sorry.

What's you guys's view on a "Domination Game"? As I do it, t's a T1 fight with you anteing up your character's body.. For fun, of course. I like monster girl femdom.. ninja  

Ryou Domavonie

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:40 pm
Where can I post a seeking game thread or post? I really dont want to intrude on anyone's forum and be like can I join with being so new.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:19 am
≫≫≫≫{.:.Ty is speaking out of character.:.}≪≪≪≪

User Image

Hello, I'm new to the guild and just wanted to greet everyone. I'd like to get started soon, so could someone link me to the necessary pages I need to go to so I can begin getting in touch with the RPs and join you guys? I'm relatively new to D&D, a newbie really and would like to know whom I could go to for help; on such things like making a profile and matters of D&D in general.

CLICK THE GEARS FOR MUSIC ----& User Image

tyhier_uchiha

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:50 am
Hello, Tyhier! Your post formatting doesn't work in join requests, btw! It was a jumble of code!

Playing D&D here is really a matter of initiative vs timing. The BEST way to get into games, is to check periodically and see if one's currently recruiting; if not, then just to create your own and DM/GM/ST it.

Honestly, before coming to the guild, I've never DM'd before (in my RL group, before I moved away, game was on Mondays, but I worked Thursday-Monday so while everyone was 'fresh', I was mentally exhausted and in no state to try DMing!). I'd say that, with no doubt, I DM more than I play. I think I'd rather do the latter, but I'd rather DM than do nothing at all.

The guild has an odd pulse like that. The more games there are active, the more people are checking it, and the more people active means the more likelihood that someone else will start a new game for the sake of more activity. So activity begets activity.

That said, and as you might see by glancing at the subforums, we do more than just D&D here, so I won't speak on making a profile because what game you join might have different requirements - even the D&D ones. Up to the DM, y'know?

As for whom to go to help, your best bet is, if you have a bunch of questions, is just to make your own thread in the main forum area and question away!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:57 am
Rain Yupa
≫≫≫≫{.:.Ty is speaking out of character.:.}≪≪≪≪

User Image

Thank you very much, I'll keep that in mind. I just really was looking to join any RP that's currently open, but will need help building a character due to my lack of knowledge with the die cast. I'm rather new to that; everything else I can do. I've never really applied math to a character and I'm not good at math.

CLICK THE GEARS FOR MUSIC ----& User Image

tyhier_uchiha

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:04 pm
I can't seem to find it...

Is there a 4e Range(throwing) feat that effects the stat used? Simular to what Martial Training does for melee base attack preferably.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:41 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Is there a 4e Range(throwing) feat that effects the stat used? Simular to what Martial Training does for melee base attack preferably.

Precision Throw (MP2, Any Martial Class, Heroic Tier) - Whenever you make a ranged basic attack using a thrown weapon with which you have proficiency, you can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack roll and the damage roll.

There might be some Combat Styles too, but I don't know what weapon or what you're trying to do with it, exactly.

I only checked MP, MP2, and PHB3, and heroic tier feats only, and that's what I could find. It occurs to me now that what you might want to search for as well, is anything that makes a weapon count as a different category as well (light thrown as heavy or vice versa) and let your Powers take care of the ability change. There might be a magic item for that too?

The stat used pretty much is for "ranged basic attacks" only, IIRC, and powers override those.

What are you trying to accomplish, exactly?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:06 pm
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox

Precision Throw (MP2, Any Martial Class, Heroic Tier) - Whenever you make a ranged basic attack using a thrown weapon with which you have proficiency, you can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack roll and the damage roll.

There might be some Combat Styles too, but I don't know what weapon or what you're trying to do with it, exactly.

I only checked MP, MP2, and PHB3, and heroic tier feats only, and that's what I could find. It occurs to me now that what you might want to search for as well, is anything that makes a weapon count as a different category as well (light thrown as heavy or vice versa) and let your Powers take care of the ability change. There might be a magic item for that too?

The stat used pretty much is for "ranged basic attacks" only, IIRC, and powers override those.

What are you trying to accomplish, exactly?
My character died in my RL game (who would have thought a big badie was holding a crused item...). So as a new character, I was going to make a Shielding Swordmage with a Farbond Spellblade, AV2. Strength will be one of my weaker stats, and was hoping to find a feat, or something, to help if I ever use the throwing part of the Farbond

Edit: Found one; Intelligent Blademaster, Forgotten Realms  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:47 am
I have bean having trouble with a player and his interpretation of his carictors one as he puts it "fear". His half orc is supposedly afraid of magic. But instead of acting afraid of it (ether running of even avoiding it) he instead simply ignores it until my car (a wizard) pisses him off and then attacks my guy under the excuse of "IM a half orc this is how my guy was taut to deal with fear." now i have brought this up to the DM and the other players before and (probably because its not there guys getting attacked) they just brush me off saying things like "your just over reaction" or "its just how he copes with his fear." now I could except this if my wizard was the only magic user in the party or if this was how he acted to all magic users..... But we also have a druid and recently a bard has joined these two do not get treated this way and I feel this is just become a way for him to pick on me. How ever I think I will let this slide mostly because I plan to eventually get revenge. Now on to what I rally want I am going to bring this up again to my D&D group but instead of asking that he change his RP I am going to ask that he change the word "fear" to "hates" because this is a better description of his actions.

So what I am asking is this:
on a social of 1 to 10, from what I have described his actions to be is hate a better word than fear in this case

Also if you can't under stand what I wrote ether A: take it up with the website I use to spell/ grammar check my writings hear:https://www.jspell.com/public-spell-checker.html or B: realize its not me, or the web site I use its you, your an a**.  

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

cloud read

O.G. Gekko

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:36 pm
Hear is a question what would you rule a attack using "pure unformed magic energy" as and what kind of penalty would you apply?

Me I would say all there spell slots would be spent immediately and put the damage as a split of Acid, Cold, Fire, force, Lightning, Necrotic, Poison, Psychic magic type and deal damage as so for the spell slots
lvl 1 8d6 cone
lvl 2+ 16d4 100 foot aoe
And after this they would get Incapacitated that way its like ya you can do that but you better hope one of your alys survives to rescue you a** because if an enemy outside that zone hears/feels you do this and gets cures they got you dead to rights.
i know this is more a thing that would normal not come up but i am pondering this and just so you know i would let this be used my all magic users not just the sorcerers i would add a small stipulation that sorcerers being of magic only keep the Incapacitated stat for 1-2 days depending on the care they receive during but all other classes would need to roll a d4-10 depending on the spell level and keep the stat for that long and must be cared for during that time aka basic bed rest, no strenuous activates.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff