Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Q & A Thread: Questions Answered Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:32 pm
That would be me. I do it whenever I do a Spring Cleaning of the guild (usually 2-3 times a year).

Things kind of took a turn for the worse IRL for me, and I lost a *lot* of my free time. It started with my grandmother getting really sick, and it's just been thing after thing. I'm trying to relocate, and the job search isn't doing well; when I do move, I'll have a TON of free time on my hands, I suspect.

I update things when I can, but that's not as often as it used to be when I seized control of this guild during the violent and bloody civil war against Reevinja I led several score ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 pm
Rain Yupa

Does a magic user's touch spell or special touch attacks (say, a pale master's paralyzing touch) count as an unarmed strike for purposes of provoking an attack of opportunity? Tried to find it in my 3.5 handbook but couldn't...  

Morgan Night-Wind

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:02 pm
Morgan Night-Wind
Rain Yupa

Does a magic user's touch spell or special touch attacks (say, a pale master's paralyzing touch) count as an unarmed strike for purposes of provoking an attack of opportunity? Tried to find it in my 3.5 handbook but couldn't...

From memory I'd say no. It's different from an unarmed strike in the way of what defenses it is hitting but casting the spell adjacent to an enemy would still proc an AOO.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:44 pm
Mongooseh
Morgan Night-Wind
Rain Yupa

From memory I'd say no. It's different from an unarmed strike in the way of what defenses it is hitting but casting the spell adjacent to an enemy would still proc an AOO.

Gotcha. Thanks man.  

Morgan Night-Wind

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:13 pm
hey I was making a druid just now and I noticed something. being only level 4 thus with only level 2 spells there are a lot of spells.

and I haven't noticed an alignment on most of them and so I got me thinking. am I able to only learn a few spells like a wizard or are all the spells allowed if not banned due to alignment conflicts.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:33 pm
Xenar1

"Her alignment may restrict her from casting certain spells opposed to her moral or ethical beliefs. A druid can’t cast spells of an alignment opposed to her own or her deity’s (if she has one). Spells associated with particular alignments are indicated by the chaos, evil, good, and law descriptors in their spell descriptions."

If they aren't of an opposed alignment, you may cast them. Other than the fact that you need to prepare your spells in advance, the only other restriction is spells per day.
You have technical access to all your spells.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Ray66616

Distinct Raider

1,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:03 am
Hi I am new to this guild and somewhat new to D&D. How do I join in a game?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:10 am
Ray66616
Hi I am new to this guild and somewhat new to D&D. How do I join in a game?

well if your somewhat new then;

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=16187313

this link is for one of our threads, it contains links for online character sheet sites, this will allow you to make a character sheet.

and amongst our information threads is one that gives links for online sources for both 3.5 and pathfinder.

find a game that is recruiting, simply make a character, roll for your stats and what not on the thread in question. most DMs will have character creation rules that you should read.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Downlow Otaku

Distinct Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:38 am
Out of curiosity, would anybody like to help me learn D and D? smile

I can Roleplay, been doing text based Roleplay for nearly 10 years now, so that is not an issue, how ever, I don't know about D and D?

Also I'd like to take part in a Medieval/Semi-Mythical D&D adventure if at all possible. smile <3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:22 am
I3ambi
Out of curiosity, would anybody like to help me learn D and D? smile

I can Roleplay, been doing text based Roleplay for nearly 10 years now, so that is not an issue, how ever, I don't know about D and D?

Also I'd like to take part in a Medieval/Semi-Mythical D&D adventure if at all possible. smile <3

Anybody? sad  

Downlow Otaku

Distinct Winner

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:06 am
there are currently 5 games recruiting. at present I don't think there is any game ready to run that is beginner friendly. like me you'll have to jump into the deep end.

the great divide (3.5e)

harvestmoon sandbox (more of a work in progress)

krad hill encounters (4e)

the origins expedition (4e)

fading light (fate core)

there is also one sandbox currently running (pathfinder) though the DM isn't running anyone though it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:07 pm
there is something that is bugging me; when a fighter reaches level 6 his attack bonus is +6/+1.... what does the +1 do?  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm
Xenar1

In games like 3.5 and pathfinder a slash indicates an extra attack when using the full round action to strike. So you'd add your +6 BAB to the first attack and then +1 to the second.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:53 pm
Xenar1
there is something that is bugging me; when a fighter reaches level 6 his attack bonus is +6/+1.... what does the +1 do?

Adding to Ms. Selini above, a level 20 fighter on full attack attacks four times! There's a +20 to the first attack roll, +15 to the second, +10 to the third, and +5 to the fourth! This is prior to any other bonuses from magic equipment and ability scores!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:54 pm
you echoed my vary thoughts

what a monster that fighter would be burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes