Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Q & A Thread: Questions Answered Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:33 am
Pathfinder Question

Would the Racial Heritage feat allow a human to pick racial archetypes and feats form other races as well?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Okay so I am a level one cleric. Me and my party just defeated our first boss and someone tossed me a interesting idea. We want to bring the boss back to life and use her as kind zombie person epic thing. We are in the cave with her and a bunch of her dead servants. I have a bag of holding I cant put her in for temp storage. We have a wizard, a cleric (me), a fighter, a rouge, and a ranger. Any ideas? My friend suggested a scroll of revival but this might leave her with free will. Any ideas from anyone? Need ideas before the game tomorrow at 2.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:22 pm
John Egbert Thor

Wait, you can or you can't put her in the bag of holding?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:24 pm
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

Wait, you can or you can't put her in the bag of holding?

I can put her in the bag of holding.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:37 pm
John Egbert Thor

Okay, well what you're looking for is a good old Animate Dead spell. However, there are obviously repercussions to doing this. Anything involving use or creation of undead pretty solidly rockets your alignment into the evil zone. Also, it's a 3rd level spell, and clerics don't get access to it until at least level 5, so there's that to consider, as well. And then there's always the question of material components, if your DM is a stickler about those kinds of things.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:41 pm
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

Hmm okay I can see this working. I could hire a cleric in town to do the spell for me. Question on bag of holding, would the body slowly rot in the bag or is their a stasis thing going on? And can I heal zombies using my healing spells or do they get the opposite effect?  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 pm
John Egbert Thor

Bags of holding are self contained pocket dimensions. There is no air in there. If a person were to go in one, they will suffocate within 10 minutes. What this means for non-living material is that your corpse will be kept in a state of semi-constant vacuum, depending on how often you open the thing, and therefore keep it fairly fresh for an extended period of time. Careful, though, cuz depending on the bag, they have weight limits. Pass the limit and they pop, destroying everything inside.

Also, it would obviously need to be an evil cleric, and those might be hard to come by.

Oh, and zombies take damage from healing spells, which utilize positive energy. You would need a negative energy spell to heal a zombie, the most common of which is Inflict Light Wounds.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:56 pm
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

I got the 500 pound one and little else on me. So I can keep her there without problems. I can sacrifice my gauntlets of orge so I can pay for him. The DM is pretty nice and she might let this slide a bit. As long as I keep it on the up and up and pay accordingly.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:09 pm
John Egbert Thor

As far as the dangers of your alignment changing because of this, since you are a cleric and completely dependent on your deity's favor to cast spells, if you suddenly become evil, you may lose your ability to use magic. However, you can always switch allegiances to a god which better fits your character's tendencies if this happens, but this process is usually pretty involved.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:29 am
John Egbert Thor
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

I got the 500 pound one and little else on me. So I can keep her there without problems. I can sacrifice my gauntlets of orge so I can pay for him. The DM is pretty nice and she might let this slide a bit. As long as I keep it on the up and up and pay accordingly.
Bag of holdig AND magic guantlets? Your DM must be real loose about magic items.

Also note if the enemy becomes a zombie, they lose ALL special abilities when they are reanimated. They are essentially walking lumbering sacks of meat. I'd ask for a skeleton over a zombie any day, at least they can take two actions a turn.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:28 am
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

As far as the dangers of your alignment changing because of this, since you are a cleric and completely dependent on your deity's favor to cast spells, if you suddenly become evil, you may lose your ability to use magic. However, you can always switch allegiances to a god which better fits your character's tendencies if this happens, but this process is usually pretty involved.

I'm a cleric to the Dungeon Master. If she allows drinking, ehhh I'm sure she can let this slide or punish me. Either way I'm getting me a zombie.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:30 am
purest_heart
John Egbert Thor
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

Bag of holdig AND magic guantlets? Your DM must be real loose about magic items.

Also note if the enemy becomes a zombie, they lose ALL special abilities when they are reanimated. They are essentially walking lumbering sacks of meat. I'd ask for a skeleton over a zombie any day, at least they can take two actions a turn.

We are supposedly a mission from one of the DM's old characters and she let us pick two magic items from her store. I only had ten strength so I went for the gauntlets.

And I didnt know that.time to find another way.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:32 pm
John Egbert Thor

Indeed. And I don't know of a way off the top of my head to make an undead out of a body that would let it keep its abilities and not keep its free will at the same time. Likely the required spell would be pretty high level.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:22 pm
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

Indeed. And I don't know of a way off the top of my head to make an undead out of a body that would let it keep its abilities and not keep its free will at the same time. Likely the required spell would be pretty high level.

I shall find one.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:53 pm
WhimsicalXellos
John Egbert Thor

Curse of Vampuracy. Its an 8th level spell I think and turns the recently dead(as in yet to be buried and no form of decay yet) or dieing person into a vampire. A high level evil/negative energy neutral cleric would then be able to control them with their control undead power. The upside is that through them you could control an entire clan of vampires much like a vampire elder does. Downside? Intellegent undead are generally pretty resentful to such forms of control and break free at the first chance given and turn on their former master.

Also vampires don't lose any of their class or racial abilites and are generally the hardest to kill undead creature in any tabletop system I've seen.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff