Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Q & A Thread: Questions Answered Here Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:54 am
Since sometimes, newer players to play-by-post DnD (or just DnD in general) have plenty of questions, I figure it's about time we made a thread for those questions. Now, if anyone (new or old members) have a question that you need answered, just post it here. This way, not only will it cut down a bit on the number of different threads with single questions in them, this can also be a resource for people who have questions which have already been answered.

Now....he wants to take this thing on its first test run? twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:43 pm
Because I know it will be asked:

What are some sites that hold online character sheets?
-I, Seph Baelzara, use Myth-Weavers and TheTangledWeb for various games. However, there are others such as... (others please answer).

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Durgress

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:41 pm
Seeing as it has been asked, lets put it up.

Q: How do I find a game to join?
A: Talk to the DM of the games labeled [Recruiting], or ask in the games accompanying forum post (part of the normal forum, usually has the same name)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:25 am
I can't find the increased weapon size damage chart in any of my books. Anyone mind telling me what book it is in (chapter might help too)

Dandwiki.com failed me sad  

Durgress

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:20 pm
It's in the DMG

I'll just find it for you

Page 28 of the DMG =3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:14 pm
I still use my 3.0 book, and that is the page for Arcane Archer. Can you just tell me the roll for a 1d6 increaded by one size?  

Durgress

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:31 pm
Soz was away =3 Dinner and some TV

Lets see. A 1d6 goes to a 1d8 when up on category.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:09 pm
4e question

Getting into a bit of a dispute with a gaming friend on Monday (we weren't playing 4e, but talking about it), something came up concerning some of the Ranger powers. The ones that read Melee or Ranged weapon.

Can you use it interchangeably between the two (ex: so you can twin strike with a bow, then twin strike with swords a couple turns later), or do you choose the power as either Melee or Ranged when you first learn it (so you would need Twin Strike as both your At-Wills to accomplish the above task).

I'm assuming the former, he the latter. Any page reference to the exact ruling, or perhaps a link to it online, would help. I can't find anything determining it one way or the other officially.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:25 pm
Rain Yupa
4e question

Getting into a bit of a dispute with a gaming friend on Monday (we weren't playing 4e, but talking about it), something came up concerning some of the Ranger powers. The ones that read Melee or Ranged weapon.

Can you use it interchangeably between the two (ex: so you can twin strike with a bow, then twin strike with swords a couple turns later), or do you choose the power as either Melee or Ranged when you first learn it (so you would need Twin Strike as both your At-Wills to accomplish the above task).

I'm assuming the former, he the latter. Any page reference to the exact ruling, or perhaps a link to it online, would help. I can't find anything determining it one way or the other officially.
you can use it interchangeably. it's range is determined by the weapon you're weilding, either melee or ranged.

if you had to pick rangers with thrown weapons would be quite gimped. also, every power that you have to pick some feature of says so on a "Special" line.

edit: PHB2 appendix, page 221 under the weapon keyword "The range and the damage of a weapon power is usually determined by the weapon you use with it." melee or ranged means it can be used with a melee or ranged weapon, not that you have to pick a range for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
SporkMaster5000
also, every power that you have to pick some feature of says so on a "Special" line.

Are there any such powers that come immediately to mind (even if you don't know the exact name, just a point in the right direction would work)? I can use it as reference if there is.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:43 pm
Rain Yupa
SporkMaster5000
also, every power that you have to pick some feature of says so on a "Special" line.

Are there any such powers that come immediately to mind (even if you don't know the exact name, just a point in the right direction would work)? I can use it as reference if there is.
well, racial powers like darkfire and dragonbreath, and some racial paragon path powers all have you pick the stat used for your attack roll.

also see edit above.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:03 pm
hello im realy new to this forum gaming so could someone explian how i make a character sheet
thankyou  

quintolp

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:40 am
The second post in this thread has links to two different websites that provide online character sheets 3nodding

Click either, sign up to the message board, and you have full reign of the character sheet options!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:24 pm
i need help with creating a character  

Silent_Death509

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:40 pm
{{Btw Good thread idea}}

Axel: Teaching someone how to create a character online can be difficult seeing as is much easier to sit down and show some straight out of the book what is what. Never the less,
If you want to learn I think you should try making a mock character so that you are not scrambling for ideas and how-toos when you want to join a game.
So first what are you building a character for? (ie 4e, 3.5e) If its 4e I am not familar with it and never will be so I can't really help you with that. BUT if its not then I am more then willing to try and walk you through the prosses.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff