Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 4:: Topic: Water.
Five Simple Water Preservation Steps Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was this informational?
  Yes, thanks! ^^
  No, not at all! XP
View Results

We Lie Awake -Breakdown-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:27 pm
1: The obvious step promptly stated many times: when you brush your teeth, DO NOT leave the water running! I don't even understand why people do leave the water running. All you have to do is put the drain stopper in, run a little water, and spit in that. You don't have to keep the water running when you brush.

2: The next obvious step: take shorter showers people! If you're a girl, and you have to shave you legs, I suggest using a wet wash cloth to dampen your legs and then shaving creme-they do sell cheap bottles ya know? But really, whenever you get in the shower, all you really have to do is wash you body and hair and then you're down, right?

3: If you must take longer showers to fulfill vain concerns, try installing a low flow shower head. They're at most Home Depots and they're pretty easy to install as well.

4: Use a water filter on your tap water. Why go out and buy bottled water when you can purify tap water just as easily? You wouldn't have to go through as much money and then there wouldn't be any plastic bottles that are easy to forget to recycle.

5: Okay people, why let a faucet continue to leak? Fix it when you see it! Or get somebody to. You can lose so much water by that one little leak. If you fix it when you see it, you'll save lots of water! And that's what this forum's about, right?

Well, those are five simple steps to preserve water. Hope you learned something ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:15 pm
I freakin love you. You know that? THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! All this little stuff can make such a huge difference!!!  

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100

We Lie Awake -Breakdown-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:56 pm
Ah, I know! Water preservation was teh easy one. I'm going to look for the other subjects as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:12 am
1: Why does anyone do that?
5: Not to mention it saves money too.  

txgoalie20

freddie07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:55 am
Thanks, very informative and well worth practicing, and after a time it becomes second nature.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:34 pm
Summers are getting really harsh here in NZ. Several years ago, there were T.V ads made promoting water conservation, there were those that 'We Lie Awake-Breakdown-' has already mentioned, and there was one regarding going to the toilet (bathroom). The slogan was:

"If it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down."

I thought it was quite witty, and a great way to promote awareness.  

freddie07

Sayonara-tan

Liberal Gekko

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:43 pm
Really good advice, wherever you live 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:36 am
Of course by all means this will save money cost and how much water you use. Thanks for posting this. biggrin  

Traniquaz

puppyluver_01

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:48 am
thanks for posting this because more people should be aware of conserving water in many different ways

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:49 am
I have a video from youtube 2 share with you in dedication of this forum post of yours. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TSiEYPh6Vw

You can post this vidoe in your profile if you like with the code above.  

Traniquaz

elfy kins

Dangerous Tycoon

9,575 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:03 pm
save h2o  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:18 am
I live in New Zealand, proud to say our country is nuclear free, and green.
TomV
Really good advice, wherever you live 3nodding

freddie07

KimLink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:04 pm
freddie07
Summers are getting really harsh here in NZ. Several years ago, there were T.V ads made promoting water conservation, there were those that 'We Lie Awake-Breakdown-' has already mentioned, and there was one regarding going to the toilet (bathroom). The slogan was:

"If it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down."

I thought it was quite witty, and a great way to promote awareness.

Lol I know, right? I do that at my house, but my fam complains. =-=" Urine is sterile! >O And technically it's water, so...HA. 8D

Great advice. I could never understand why people let the water run when they brush their teeth! I grew up brushing teeth with a cup of water at my side to rinse after I'm done brushing. 8D Saves so much water. My mum taught me to do that, too. Yay~ whee

So cool that you live in NZ, freddie!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:26 pm
To save money, at my sisters house, we only flush when there gets to be a ton of pee and it stinks and when there's....brown.
It's my pet peeve when someone leaves the water on when brushing their teeth. I have a cup of water I fill. Dip in toothbrush to wet it, toothpaste, brush, spit, rinse off toothbrush, rinse and tah-dah!
My sister has one of those Pur water filter pitchers. Best thing she ever bought.
My sister is also very Save-The-Planet since Logan was born.
Clean with Vinegar and baking soda, only all-natural, eco-friendly products.  

Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX

emmystrange

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:36 am
My lord, my own mom bugs the living heck outta me. It's been a pet peeve when someone leaves the water running even BEFORE I knew what eco was. scream MOM!!! dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama  
4:: Topic: Water.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff