Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply 21+
Calling all Texans and Californians, past and present!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GELDZ?
  yeiiiiiiiiiiiis! :3
View Results

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 pm
Hey guys! I'm sorry I've been less than active as of late, but the end of my master's thesis assassinated me, and now that I'm done, I'm freaking out putting a portfolio together and looking for work.

So on that note, I've been looking for jobs across the pond (I'm from Puerto Rico for those who don't know me and those who can't remember :3), and I've seen a surprising amount of jobs in architecture firms located in Los Angeles, California, and in Huston, Dallas, and Austin, Texas, to name a few.

Since I've observed this and it looks like I won't be finding much of anything at home, I'd like to ask all of you savy to these places what your experiences there have been, and if you like living there, would like to move back, etc. Any info at all would sure be helpful, thanks for always helping! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:12 pm
I'm from Texas and I love it here. People tend to be pretty friendly here, overall. That's a big plus to me. I've been here longer than anywhere else. If you don't mind the heat in the hot summers, the winters aren't too bad. Austin is nice, but I don't get down that way very often. I'd like it better than Houston. Houston is just too big for me.

Austin is the closest city to me that you mentioned in your post. It's 100 miles (160 km) south of me.

Good luck finding a good job.  

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:04 pm
Tillisnut
I'm from Texas and I love it here. People tend to be pretty friendly here, overall. That's a big plus to me. I've been here longer than anywhere else. If you don't mind the heat in the hot summers, the winters aren't too bad. Austin is nice, but I don't get down that way very often. I'd like it better than Houston. Houston is just too big for me.

Austin is the closest city to me that you mentioned in your post. It's 100 miles (160 km) south of me.

Good luck finding a good job.

Thanks so much for the advice!! Considering it gets to be 100 sometimes in the summer here, I don't think Texas will be a problem xD I've heard about texans being nice people before, which makes me more excited to look through Texas than California.

BY the way... those places generally have many Mexicans, but if anyone can tell me how they see the general reaction towards Latinos in those areas, it would be helpful, too. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:16 am
Good luck with the job hunting! I hope you love it, where ever you end up.
biggrin  

Sablara
Vice Captain

[[[ bunny ]]]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:03 pm
Sablara
Good luck with the job hunting! I hope you love it, where ever you end up.
biggrin

thanks much heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:05 pm
I live in So Cal and it rocks, you name it i can go do it . but some of the ppl and kind of mean some times.  

JnoD

21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff