Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An abnormal love of cats
This is kinda scary, HELP MEH

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you think cats climb up to high places?
  To get away from humans.
  To see all of their domain.
  Probably what you said: get a better view of the TV.
  I think cats like higher places, plain and simple.
  I'm not sure/I don't know
View Results

Simply A Detective

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:00 am
OK. I was watching my cat this morning right?
We have this pile of boxes in our living room behind the couch.

My cat jumps on the arm nearest the boxes, slips and somehow finds her way to the tippy-top of the pile.
Now she seems quite content, sitting up there.

Personally, I think she just got up there to see the TV better. (Because she's watching it.)
Why do cats always get up into higher places?

I'm kinda worried. She always gets up on top of the fridge or the top of the box pile.

= (  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:52 pm
I have two cats and they fight over the cat tower my sister and I bought for them. One of them also like to climb and sleep on top of the DVD player that's on top of a cable box that's on top of a TV that's on top of a tall dresser (not my favorite place to find him). And the other loves sitting on the fridge and/or the tops of the kitchen cabinets...

I think it's fairly normal for cats to like tall places. Like a child's tree house a high place gives them a view of the area (which cat's love), a safe place to be out of the reach of, well, everything (I'm pretty sure that's an instincts thing), and a location that is perfect for plotting (because all cat's plot - even dumb ones like my Tiber).

And like my cat, Tiber, yours probably just loves to watch TV and that stack of boxes probably gives her a good view. You should see my cats with my Wii. Hilarious!  

theHarechan

Dapper Lunatic

Miss Turnip

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:45 pm
Yup, cats love high places. I have a multi-tiered cat tower about 5 feet tall, and all my cats prefer the highest tier. They also like to jump from counter to the fridge and leap onto the top of wall cabinets. My ceiling height is 11 feet, so the kitties have the highest vantage point from there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:14 pm
cats love to have a good vantage point in the wild it helps them spot prey most likely your cat just loves watching tv thats the same with gizmo  

Noveron

bibortetu

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:35 am
Yeah. Luckily they can come down from where they climb up. Like ninjas. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:30 am
LOL my older, fuzzy guy, Samson, has a habit of FALLING OFF high places in his sleep!  

Venuslady

Moonblossom

Desirable Genius

15,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:01 am
My cats' favourite place in the whole house is my dad's shoulders. He's 6'4, so they get a fabulous view of everything from up there - much to his chagrin.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:23 am
They just feel safer in high places. They would be able to see danger from higher areas, so I think they just climb instinctively.
>.o  

Acire Osor

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items