Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Nights/North] Chapter I : Let The Rain Fall Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:49 am

The crack of thunder ripped the sky as the rain poured down on the lonley set of caravans making there way over the well worn traveling road. The Caravan was bound North, to Andrad(An-drad).

Each caravan made it's way north. Two disgurnteled hourses leading each.

Another crack of thundersplit the sky, as ilumination swept across the lind scape from the leading lighting.

Though this anyone watching the road could see the outline of a tall tower upahead. Marking the town of Andrad.

((I'll leave you to decide who is in which and who is driving =3))

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:27 pm
Atop the second carriage, Lydia sits wearing a combination of her outfits - the soft black shoes, and cloth bandoleer of one, with everything else from the other - along with her armor. Her blades rest on her back attached to the bandoleer, while most everything else of hers had been stuffed away into her bag to make the ride as comfortable as it could be (and to keep them safe from the rain, most notably her bow). She had opted to lead the horses of the second carriage, her hazel eyes squinting through the rain for the same reason - she wanted to be able to keep an eye out for trouble. She quite expected to encounter it almost everywhere anymore.

Holding the reins in one of her hands for a moment, she reaches up to brush her hair, darkened from the rain, out of her face. It must have been the dozenth time she had to do that, the weather was quite unforgiving but of course... it wasn't why she wore a frown. Weather such as this once made her smile, the worse it was - the happier she was. However, lately, it just made her depressed. She couldn't wait until they reached their destination, or the rain stopped pouring down on them.

"We'll be out of the rain soon... " She whispers, mostly to the large beasts pulling the carriage, but also to assure herself that it was true: "Just a little longer, and you can rest. Okay? I promise."

"Do you see anything!?" She calls to the first wagon, turning her attention to it and trying to speak loud enough for her voice to carry over the thunder.

[ Spot: 20 || Listen: 23 ]
[ I guess I'll stick Lydia driving the second carriage. I think she'd prefer to be outside over inside so she can better keep an eye out. Spot/Listen checks are that, minus whatever for the weather. There are two carriages, right? xD That's what I got from "set of caravans" anyway. ]

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

x_Adriel_x

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:12 pm
[I guess I'll drive the first one. Probably a good idea to have a rogue on each caravan, anyway.] (Spot: 28, Listen: 20.) [Got a natural 20 on spot, so if there's anything to see, let me know and I'll edit this.]

"Just a really ominous city!" Adriel shouted back.

Adriel had mixed feelings on storms. They were great when on a mission, adding noise to cover his movements. When he was atop a moving vehicle, trying to see where the hell he was going, however, it was a damn nuisance. He glanced down at his clothes, a gray tunic and simple, dark trousers, as well as his special cloak, now completely soaked. He had his rapier on him, but left everything else in his Haversack, inside the caravan. He didn't know if the magic kept Bags of Holding water-proof, but he didn't want to take the chance.

"By Olidammara's grin, I'm freezing out here." he muttered to himself. "Those mages that hired us had better have a damn good room set up for us. One with a fireplace. Yeah..."  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:58 pm
Ider knocked on the roof of Adriel's Carriage. "How's the weather up there? It is dry as a bone in here." He called from the inside of the carriage.

He was only picking on the kid and in truth, if he knew anything about controlling the horses he would change places with him. But he had spent all of his life learning the stuff from evil-tinted books and white-haired sages.

It had been a while since they had crossed the Savnos River and that only meant that they wore close to Andard. Now, I know why Liches are so insane. I think I would be, if I had to stare at the same walls over and over, day after day. He thought as he shifted back into this seat.  

glitterboypilot

x_Adriel_x

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:27 pm
"Is it, now?" Adriel retorted. "And here I was thinking that rain was magical and could pass completely through wood. Wow, do I feel like such a fool." "Damnable mage and your damn smart remarks..." he muttered.

Adriel had never really trusted mages, entirely. They were too tricky, too unpredictable. Now, if up against a fighter, all you have to do is knock away their weapon and they're as good as dead; unless they're one of those monks, which is trickier, but you still know what you're up against. Knock away a mage's weapon, and the bugger can still set you on fire, or sick a demon on your a**, or something.

For all the ancient's smart remarks though, Adriel'd dealt with worse in his career. But that's a story for a night full of good Dwarven ale.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:32 pm

The two riders hear the long howls from a pack of close by wolf's.

To the right they both see the 5 story fort that is setteled at the base of the mountings that cut the land off from the northen tundra and the harsh conditions that lay beyond.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

x_Adriel_x

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:57 pm
"Bollocks..." Adriel looked back at Lydia. "Think they'll be any trouble!?" he shouted.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:18 pm

((You all have a set of sending stones that you can use, just one each, atuned to each other. Unlimited uses n_n so no need to shout between the caravans XD))

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:57 pm
Wearing a thick, sturdy cloak one figure sits on the back of one of those caravans. The cloak is long enough that it shrouds everything with the exception of what appears to be armored legs. The hood of the cloak hides the wearer's features as well. The most prominent feature to be seen is the immense bow that is slung on the figure's back.

((Spot - 12/Listen - 9))  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:06 pm
Ider sat up and took a look out the window, after he heard Adriel shout.

(Edit: Spot 13 listen 12))  

glitterboypilot

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:15 am
[ Honestly... I had no idea what those stones did. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. ]

"That sounded close... " She murmurs under her breath, "But I don't think they'll bother us... "

"They shouldn't! If they bother us, I'll see if I can turn them away!" She calls back, moments later nearly smacking herself in the forehead as she remembers the sending stones they'd gotten. It was safely tucked away in her bag, like everything else, though it was one of those... out of sight, out of mind circumstances. Still... she didn't feel like digging in there to get it out, content to just call over the storm.

Her attention is then turned from the nearby wolves, to the Fort settled at the base of the mountain. The sight of it nearly caused her to halt the horses immediately, though she kept them moving. She was curious, of course, but didn't think the others would feel the same. Besides, there was probably nothing there... Right?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:49 am
[Yeah, neither did I. I'll just say mine's in the Haversack.]

"Sounds good! If they don't turn away, try to keep them off until I can secure the horses, so they don't run off with our things! Then we can all pitch in!"

Before he turned back to the road, Adriel saw Lydia falter slightly at the site of the fort. He smiled slightly, recognizing the curiosity of a rogue. 'Let's get to town and get settled! Once we're comfortable, we can start exploring these interesting little areas!"  

x_Adriel_x

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:13 am
Slowly turning her head, Miai glanced over at the "interesting area". It certainly did look foreboding. The weather didn't help in that respect one bit. Turning with a bit of a groan, she worked her way up towards the front of the wagon she is riding so that she is sitting next to the driver who appears to be another woman.

"Have you seen this place we're going to before?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:31 pm
Reaching into his bag, Ider pulls out the gallon of ale, his sending stone and a flask of acid. Placing the stone and the acid in to different pockets, he stood up and took off his cloak. "Kid!" He called out as he made his way to the driver seat. "Give me the reigns! The pay isn't good enough for you to get a cold!" he said.  

glitterboypilot

x_Adriel_x

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:09 pm
Adriel glanced back at the mage. "You sure? I can handle it for a while longer. Besides, I'd like to keep a lookout for trouble. Then again... if trouble actually does start, I'll be quicker to the fight if I can just jump out of the caravan... Sure, then. Thanks." he said, handing over the reins.

He made his way into the caravan, stopping at the door to violently shake the rain from his hair and wring out his clothes, before sitting down inside.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff