Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vote to earn gold?
  Yup!
View Results

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:32 am
I've recently decided that I want to go back to university and get a masters - just one year full-time, or two years if I do it part time. Fortunately, the course I want to do is available to do with no contact hours, so I can continue to work full time.

I have a number of friends who have reduced work, or stopped work all together to put more time (energy and money!) into further study.

I'm sure there are some of you out there who have done it - any tips on how to cope with the work/study balance??  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:48 pm
sorry,i cannot help you with that.
just one hint: have a plan, but donĀ“t plan everything and try to find at least once a week some time to relax.
good luck.  

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:22 pm
Well, I'm currently back as an undergraduate, but I'm sure the same philosophy, thoughts, and principles apply. 3nodding

Plan your time wisely. If you have a very flexible job, talk to them early on and let them know you plan to return to school -- even if it's not physically returning they should know and be able to work around your schedule when its inconvient and stressful (e.g., around exam times, holidays, etc.). Make sure your family and/or roommates are aware of the stress you will be in during special times (e.g., during finals, mid-terms, etc.). They should be able to take charge of certain activities that normally you would be doing (e.g., cooking dinner/supper, washing dishes, going grocery shopping, etc.). They can also sometimes seem to surprise you when they know it's your most stressful time. Case in point, just two weeks ago my family took me to movies and brought KFC home during my last full week of classes this semester and that really helped ease all my stress and tension. Make sure you plan time for yourself -- even if it is as little as five minutes. You need to be able to put some of your work duties and homework aside and just relax and be with one with yourself or if you believe in a higher being Him/her, etc. It really does help! 3nodding And lastly, if you are feeling too sick to perform any tasks (school work, work, etc.) you do deserve a day off or so to make yourself feel better. Chances are if you have something out of balance you will begin feeling miserable not only emotionally, and psychologically, but physically as well. Take care of yourself! And good luck...hey, if I can do this you can do it, too! blaugh heart

21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games