Welcome to Gaia! ::

House of Rahl: A Sword of Truth Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for fans of the book series, Terry Goodkind, and yes, even the tv series. 

Tags: Terry Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Rahl, Seeker, Role Play 

Reply Azrith Plains
Books vs. Legend of the Seeker tv series Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the tv show any good at all?
  Heck No!!! Blasphemer!!!
  Eh, they could've done SOOOO much better with it
  I absolutely love it and never miss an episode!
View Results

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:32 am
Now before everyone goes nuts about how much the tv show sucks, lets look at some of the positives.

I think they did a great job on the actors for Richard, Kahlan (which I still think should be pronounced 'Kah-lahn' instead of 'Kay-lan') and Zedd, among some others. Not counting Darken because they screwed that up (he's supposed to be blonde!!!)

The fight scenes are pretty fun to watch and are better (in my opinion) to those from Xena and Hercules, the show's predecessors.

We get to see some other missions that weren't in the books.... eh? anyone? xd

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:54 am
I like the show granted there are things that I want to take a dulled spoon and try to dig out the people eye balls. While other times I love to see what happens the Episode Mirror made me have to use the restroom upon several occasions because I was laughing so hard.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

haphazardly parked
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:09 am
i think it's -kay-lin. that's how i've pronounced it always.
WHOEVER PLAYS RICHARD IS WORSE THEN WHOEVER PLAYS ANAKIN... but he's so hot, it's almost forgivable. almost.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:58 pm
I have always pronounced it Kah-lahn as well. the series would be good as just a tv series, but compared to the books it epically fails.  

Karrina Amnell

Nicolae Corvinus

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:17 pm
I also pronounce it Kah-lahn and I'm not a big fan of the tv show. I watch it if there's nothing better on, but I'm usually outside when it comes on on Saturday.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:37 pm
For me it comes on Sunday evenings.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Nicolae Corvinus

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:53 pm
I have to watch it on WGN, a national channel out of Chicago. They play it Saturday afternoons.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:40 am
I couldn't sit through it. D: I just couldn't.
But it is Kay-lan.

Isidore Minuet

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:16 pm
You and Tes are both smoking crack. There's a reason it's spelled K-A-H-L-A-N. If it was the way you say it, there would be a Y in there somewhere. wink  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:12 pm
no, a lot of times consonant + 'ah' is given an hard a. besides, 'kaylin' sounds much better then 'kah-lan' anyways.  

haphazardly parked
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

First Wizard Zorander
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:13 pm
User Image

>¤<

I don't know. It has always been Kah-lan to me and always will be.

And I've always like the name. When i hear it, the first thing i think of is her long flowing brown hair. Kah-lan just sounds flowing and brings the color "brown" to mind for me and when i hear "Confessor" i think white, so the two compliment each other and the name just always sounded....right, to me.

Kay-lin sounds....i don't know, forced. Like the hard-sounding letter 'K' doesn't belong with the sensitive '-ay' sound. The way "kay-lin" rolls off just doesn't sound like anything Kahlan is, i.e. strong, powerful, important, beautiful, resolute, or anything else you can think of.

Confessor Kah-lan
Confessor Kay-lin

Kah-lan sounds more bound to the role of a Confessor. The name sounds better in title and in context.

But like Goodkind said, its not about how he intends it, right?
But it sure would avoid disputes XD

>¤<

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:49 pm
Yeah, I still say it 'Kah-lahn' despite recent "proof" that it's intended to be otherwise. Kaylin just sounds odd and dumb to me.

But that's not what I was meaning to address today. I just got done doing yard work and I flopped down on the couch, turned on the tv, and apparently they're doing a Legend of the Seeker marathon today. They were right in the middle of some episode where Richard, Kahlan, and some red-headed boy were sitting around a campfire and Kahlan was talking about the Sisters of the Light saving her and taking her away from her father. WHAT!?!?!?! You have got to be joking me. Kahlan had no idea who the heck the Sisters of the Light were until most of the way through Stone of Tears. I'm just curious if the creators ever actually read the book series or did they just look at the wiki and grab the names.

Also, and I think this has already been mentioned, but did I hear correctly that in the tv series, a Confessor's touch is only temporary? *headesk* I finally had to turn it off and go grab Faith of the Fallen. I just got to the good part where Nicci takes Richard.  

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150

haphazardly parked
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:33 am
D: Wtf? Okay, I see them screwing with the plotline. That's okay. Goodkind gave them leave. But making a Confessor's touch temporary? That's just... ugh.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:19 pm
I think that the casting was good, but OMW!!! WHAT IS WITH THE EPISODES!!! THEY TOTALLY SCREWED IT UP TRYING TO MAKE IT ONLY ONE SEASON!!! ARGH!!
btb, did anyone notice Darken Rahl also played Haldir in LOTR?
I recognized him AFTER the series was ended.

LadyScribe Skylar

1,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

andalicelaughed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:12 pm
after i read wizard's first rule, i realized how badly they screwed up the series. i watched every single episode, and, no, the confessor's touch is permanent (thank God) but they didn't exactly stress enough HOW permanent is was, beacuse all the confessed died at the end of every episode. except for one, and i forgot who that was. also they screwed up the season finale so badly....Richard and Cara get sent 50 years in the future, and they have to look for kahlan's son to confess richard and let them go back in time again.

it was so sad.

-Elle  
Azrith Plains

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas