Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An abnormal love of cats
Does your cat do tricks or have a cute ability?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does your cat perform tricks?
  Yes, it's smart enough to earn a PhD
  It taught me to play "fill the food bowl" and "clean the litter box"
  My cat thinks tricks are for dogs and other lower life forms
  My cat is an imbecile but I am besotted with it
View Results

Miss Turnip

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:15 pm
Hi, I'm new to the forum. My cat Growlie likes to play catch. She'll leap in the air to catch treats. heart She started doing this without any training from us. Did you train your cat or cats to do tricks? Do they have any habits that you think are funny? Please share! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:34 am
My kitty can pick up things with her paw.. and she flips around on the floor when she's playing sometimes ^^ She also likes hiding behind random things and being a ninja, which I think is a neat skill lol  

Trash Catt

Miss Turnip

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:06 pm
Awww, I like it when they use their paws to manipulate stuff, too! Cat paws = blaugh heart !  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:52 am
My little guy, Maya, thinks he's a retreiver! If you throw something, he will pick it up and bring it back to you!  

Venuslady

Simply A Detective

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:06 pm
My cat can be very stupid and very bright at the same time.
Like once my dogs were chasing her.

She leapt two stairs (which was smart) but slid on her belly through the kitchen (stupid).

She can balance her fat self on the edges of things.
She'll walk on the slim back of the couch, sit on skinny window ledges, used to sit on the edge of the open washer before we moved.

She also has an amazing ability to climb the unused chimney!
When she gets the chance, she'll sneak out a open window or the back door and somehow climb up it. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:52 pm
Quote:
My little guy, Maya, thinks he's a retreiver! If you throw something, he will pick it up and bring it back to you!

Awww, that's really cool! Did you teach that to him?
Quote:
My cat can be very stupid and very bright at the same time.
Like once my dogs were chasing her.

She leapt two stairs (which was smart) but slid on her belly through the kitchen (stupid).

LOL rofl she's a natural comedian rofl  

Miss Turnip

theHarechan

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:02 pm
Funniest thing my cat, Tiber, does is that he is a complete and utter monorail cat. For the most part, when he lays down on, well, anything - sofa arms, the backs of chairs, human legs, etc - he lays his body flat on the surface and dangles his limbs over the sides. I'll have to post a picture sometime...

Also, when he meows, it sounds like he's saying, "Mom?" He uses this meow to announce whenever he's about to do something. Jumping up on the counter? "Mom?" Going to knock something off the table? "Mom?" Pushing open a door? "Mom?" It's hilarious.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 pm
Quote:
Funniest thing my cat, Tiber, does is that he is a complete and utter monorail cat. For the most part, when he lays down on, well, anything - sofa arms, the backs of chairs, human legs, etc - he lays his body flat on the surface and dangles his limbs over the sides. I'll have to post a picture sometime...

Tiber's so cute! heart Please do post the pic! 3nodding  

Miss Turnip

Pickles And Pretty Ponies

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:32 am
My cat sticks his tongue out when he sleeps sometimes. It's really cute. He dreams of catnip lollipops!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:22 pm
theHarechan

Also, when he meows, it sounds like he's saying, "Mom?" He uses this meow to announce whenever he's about to do something. Jumping up on the counter? "Mom?" Going to knock something off the table? "Mom?" Pushing open a door? "Mom?" It's hilarious.

my kitty also lays on arms of couches like that too,shes a really lazy kitty lol and a fatty  

W0LFIE x3

Dinala1641882

High-functioning Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:53 am
User ImageUser Image

both cats come when called. socks has learned to sit back and beg for treats.
lance sits, paw my hand, stands from a sit, hop up on hind legs to bop my hand, likes car rides and kind of walks on a leash.
they also know to sing for their supper. when we adopted lance, i was looking for a cat to train to do tricks.

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:12 am
Venuslady

My youngest cat will do that when he's in the right mood and you're using his favourite toy. 3nodding They'll sometimes come when called too... or I'll be calling one and the other will come instead. xd And my youngest cat is a "monorail" cat too! He's been like that since he was a kitten.  

Nikolita

The Evil Mistress

Dangerous Dabbler

8,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:35 pm
One of my cats, Frodo, has the ability to meow like it's the end of the world, guiding you to his food bowl which... happens to be full. He does that everytime. Can't he just go and eat alone, for Gosh's sake? Dx Haha but oh well, that's just how he is =P  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:08 pm
my cat little bit defeated the small dog across the streat grandspas cat blacky was scared and ran away plus little bit is a runt she really suprises me blaugh  

Noveron

Elle of Aquitaine

Dapper Fatcat

6,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:26 pm
My little Jack has the cutest way of begging for food, he'll rub himself against me in the morning when Im sleeping and purr and will not let me go back to sleep until I feed him.... cute but I need my beauty sleep....  
An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games