Reply SCA Guild
Kids

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

American Lad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:04 am
Hey my name is Evan but my SCA name is "Ewen Cameron" my persona is a scottish guy but I got a question since I'm new and I'm fourteen are their many kids round my age in the SCA? I've been looking at pictures of the SCA event's and haven't seen many kids round my age there.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:46 am
It depends on where you live, really. Here in Endewearde we have a lot of teenagers from 13-to 17 ish, and we have a lot of little ones still in single digits.  

Spykeshawk

American Lad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:54 pm
k yea I live in the West Kingdom.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:51 am
I've only been involved with the SCA for about 3 or 4 years now, so I haven't even gotten the chance to venture outside of the East yet.  

Spykeshawk

American Lad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:29 pm
ok  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:14 am
It's exactly like Spykeshawk said - it all depends where you are.

And of course it's going to change with time. People move, children grow, people get married & have children of their own.

We don't have too many young ones around here. Only a couple under the age of 17. Most of our shire is made up of seasoned adults.

But I've been to other events in the Lower Mainland of BC, where there are far more people - and I've seen little kids ranging from babies that are so young, they need to be held - to kids of 10 and 11.

My personal favourite, are the kids that are old enough to run around the site and get into trouble - but young enough, not to be trusted with keeping their waiver forms clean, dry, and on them.
So their parents put their waivers in zip-lock bags, and safety pin them to their backs. xd That always gives me a giggle. biggrin It's also a fantastic idea!

Bottom line - depends where you live, and the bigger the event/shire the more likely to find someone your age. 3nodding  

Naito_Mitsukai

Spykeshawk

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:14 am
Another reason you may not be finding pictures of children younger than 18 is because taking pictures of children and posting them on the internet isn't always acceptable. You need to get waivers from guardians and permission from the child (usually). It's just a hassle most people in general don't want to deal with...  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:16 am
k thanks.  

American Lad

hellogoodbyetoday

1,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:34 pm
Shachar Avdel
k yea I live in the West Kingdom.

Sorry...Im An tir...I might see u at the wars...im the same age....like the An tir -west war..  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:34 pm
Your post is so funny to me since there are a freakish number of kids in my barony... There are three things you can find in Stonemarche: Bards, children and dogs. And often all three together.

[edit: East Kingdom speaking.]  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:57 pm
I think we have a pretty good ammount of kids infant-18 in our barony, though most of them are probably in my household/ship  
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games