Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Guild of Many Roleplays, Discussions, and Oddities

Back to Guilds

A place to hang out, roleplay in lots of genres, and chat about anything. 

Tags: roleplay, chat, literate, creative, general 

Reply Main Discussions and Oddities...
LEGO!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LEGO!!!
  Mars Mission!!!
  Lego Agents!!!
  LIFE ON MARS FROM LIKE THE LATE '90's/EARLY 2000's!!!
  I LIKE THE OLD LEGOS!!!
  ALL OF THE ABOVE AND MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:38 pm
Lego was originally named from Danish(I forget what it meant in Danish) and was soon found to mean "I put together" in Latin! Show your lego spirit(if you like lego) by posting your favorite sets, pics of awesome lego and wot not!

Here's a great set that I just saw in the lego catalogue today:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:58 pm
I like the custom assassin's creed lego

Herelen2
Captain

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:17 pm
Ahhh, I spot several rare pieces in that set, mostly on the assassin. Here's some of the weapons from brickarms:

I'll post more soon!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:56 pm
I have a Lego jump drive!  

The Azure Quincy
Crew

Wind Spirit22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:33 am

Metal Gear Ray.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:23 pm
Snake: Metal gear!  

Herelen2
Captain

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:46 am
Ugh, I wrote an entire thesis on star wars lego sets and a bunch of pictures of awesome lego sets and when I previewed it, the stupid gaia bullsh*t asked for my username and password because I had been typing a while: a perfect reason why NOT!!! to interrupt my typing of the post. Wtf Gaia. Anyway, here it is again(I'm gonna make a file for really long posts on my computer so that I can always have a copy of the post if gaia f***s up again. This way, I just go back, copy and paste, preview, and submit.).

I want this set so bad:

This lego set is known as the Taj Mahal and is made up of over 5,900 lego pieces, possibly making it the largest lego set on the market right now!!!

Star wars sets are pretty good also, like this one, the Death Star I which holds over 3,800 pieces!!!

Star wars often out does other lego sets/series, but few star wars sets can even come close to the detail shown here in the Death Star II, a lego set containing over 3,400 lego pieces!!!

Star wars lego sets are very hyped and quite famous, however, I have a few things to say that could be improved about most of the sets.

First of all, star wars lego sets are made to look exactly like they did in the movies, meaning they have to have parts that would work well cut off. In most cases, that would be the base. The base of many Star Wars lego ships is very weak. They have just a few 1x12x4 pieces, or for any that don't understand, flat lego pieces with little support. This way, while building, the set can fall apart a lot, which is a big problem when it's quite a large lego set. Also, even if you do get to create it well, if you try to fly it around, it will surely break and fall apart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secondly, Star wars lego sets have so many pieces mostly because instead of making a 1x1x3 lego piece, the instructions tell you to put together 3 1x1x1 lego pieces. This can get tedious and even tenacious when you have to put together so many miniscule lego pieces together. This will make the set a long effort to build if it is large enough. Instead of easily building these lego sets, you have to search for several 1x1x1 lego pieces and put them together, which takes a much longer time than just 1 1x1x3 lego piece.

Lastly, the packs in which lego star wars pieces comes in just is not very organized at all. Unlike most lego sets, star wars lego sets are not divided into numbered packs, so you have to open everyone at once ad search everyone to find one piece. And also, many pieces are mixed up with other oieces of different nature. It's hard to find what you're looking for in a few piles that total 3,000 pieces. Instead, Star Wars lego should be divided into numbered packs just like other lego sets so that you only have to open a few at a time and when you're done you can go get the other packs of lego and open them. If you open a Star Wars lego set in the hopes that you can do some of it on different days, then you'll be pretty upset when you have to go out and you have all this lego out of their bags and you can't even organize them! With the different sections, you can easily build part of the set and then leave some for another day.

There are some good parts of Star Wars lego sets. These sets are unique and amazing to look at when completed. They also have great pieces and amazing detail. Star Wars sets are many and great. They have their perks and their crappinesses, but in the end, they're fantastic lego sets!!!

((Lol, I wrote more than I originally did!))  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:44 pm
Oh, yesterday I just got back from Florida(I left on Friday) and guess what the best part was(no, not the tower of terror which scared the living sh*t out of me): THE AWESOME LEGO STORE!!! I got the emerald night, two cups full of lego from the buckets you can take from, and a lego key chain with cylindrical 1x3 pieces with letters on them that I'm gonna salvage!!! I saw everything there!!! So this is what's next on my list:

Introducing the...

EIFFEL TOWER!!!  

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Wind Spirit22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:33 pm
Did you know it's actually a radio tower?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:17 pm
Wow. No, I didn't. That's pretty cool, I thought it was merely a monument.  

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Main Discussions and Oddities...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items