Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Play in Paradise

Back to Guilds

Come and entertain your imagination in Paradise. All are welcome! 

Tags: free, Role Playing, Paradise 

Reply The Books Come to Life Here (Fantasy RP Forum)
Dragon Riders (We can now begin) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:47 pm
Long ago, in the land of Alagaesia, before the story of Eragon and Saphira. The Dragon Riders stood for the peoples of Alagaesia. Only years berfore the Fall did this story take place. A story that made the diference between what happened and what could have been. Were the riders truly lost to the Fall. Or were some saved and hidden even from the elves?

In the years that followed the fall, Varel, leader of the dragon riders, heard that there was Urgal attivity near Teirm and movements of a ra'zac. Varel called two of his riders to choose amung the young riders that were to pass into the full right of being a rider and dragon and take them to investigate and stop any uprising the might be there. But what awaits them is more than Varel could have ever seen.

gaian rules
be nice
be semi lit
dont be rude unless it is in the story
use some for of ooc
killing of players characters must be aprooved
IM me your bio before you join
you can play both dragon and rider or one or other if you can get some one to play the other.
images of the rider and dragon is preferd
have fun

Bio structure
gaia name:
race: only Elves and human riders
rider name: If rider
dragon name: if dragon
(name smile if normal character
rider age: no more than 25 unless aprooved to be seinor rider
dragon age: not to exseed rider
(Age smile if normal character
history of pair: history of rider and dragon
(History smile If normal character
rider: Image of rider
dragon: image of dragon
(Apearence smile if normal character

Aprooved bios to come. Request if you want to be the other seinor rider or normal character

Ancient Language:
a: aí
am: eddyr
and: un
are: eru
backward: aptr
be: waíse
did: achí
do: ach
does: ach (the same as "do", see 4. above)
for: wiol
forward: fram
in: unin
is: er
let: atra
may: sé
not: néiat
of: abr
that: sem
the: du
this: thornessa
to: eom
was: ero
were: erní
will: weohnata
with: un (the same as "and")

Pronouns
I: eka
he: älfr
me: eka (the same as "I")
my (formal): pömnuria
my (informal): iet
she: älfrinn
their: theirra
they: therr
those: thorna
us: nosu
you: ono
your: onr

Nouns
air: vindr
arrow: oro
bat: lethrblaka
bird: fethrblaka
blanket: nagz
blood: blödh
bond of trust: yawë
brow: brun
calves: kalfya
celebration: agaetí
city: dras
cripple: togira
day: dag
death: anglát, freohr
dominance: domia
dragon: skulblaka
Dragon Rider: Shur'tugal
dream: draumr
dwarves: dvergar
ears: eyreya
earth: deloi
elf: älf
elf-kind: älfakyn
family: breoal
fate: wyrda
feather: fethr
fire: brisingr, istalrí
fool's wisdom: orothrim
forest: welden
Forsworn: Wyrdfell
friend: fricai, vinr
gate: grind
good fortune: esterní
greetings: kvertha
hand: lam
happiness: ilian
heart: hjarta
hell: hel
honour: celöbra
king: könungr
knife: knífr
leaf: laufsbläd
leather: lethr
life: líf
light: garjzla
lip balm: nalgask
luck: guliä
magic: vanyalí
master: ebrithil
memory: manin
misery: zar'roc
misfortune: rauthr
mist: rakr
Morning Star: Aiedail
mortal: dauthleikr
mountains: fells
movement: sharjalví
oath: ren
palm: gedwëy
path: gata
peace: mor'ranr
picture created through magic: fairth
plains: völlar
purple-flowered plant: delois
sage: osthato
scale: skul
script: liduen
serpent: orúm
shadows: súndavar
shield: skölir
silver: arget
sorrow: baen
Spine, the: Carthungavë
stars: evarínya
stick: vöndr
stone: stenr
sword: sverd
thornapple: haldthin
thought: hugin
tor: edur
war: fyrn
warder: varden
water: adurna
witch: seithr
woman: koma

Verbs and Adjectives
bind: malthinae
blasted: nángoröth
bore (baby): burthr
break: jierda
bright: bjart
broad: böetk
burn: eldrvarya
catch: kodthr
change: moi
dull: gëuloth
empty: eyddr
find: finna
flap: blaka
follow: tauthr
go: gánga
hallowed: shelgr
halt: blöthr
harm: haina
heal: heill
hear: hóna
hold: huildr
ill: vandr
invoke: ethgri
lack: vanta
leave: eitha
live: lífa
marked: fodhr
mean: malabra
mourn: chetowä
need: vanta
oaken: ekar
poetic: kvaedhí
raise: reisa
reduce: brakka
release: losna
rest: stydja
rise: rïsa
rule: thelduin
run: hlaupa
sharp: hvass
shine: ignasia
silent: hljödhr
sing: gala
sleep: slytha
stare: kópa
stay: sitja
steal: äftaka
stop: letta
strong: ramr
take: taka
temper: tuatha
thank: elrun
thrust: thrysta
traverse: thverr
unconquerable: edoc'sil
under: undir
unite: gath
wander: vrangr
ward: vard
watch: varda
white: hvitr
whole: ikonoka  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:48 pm
Aproved character bios:

gaia name: donie120
race: elf
rider name: Darekesti'vear
dragon name: Tasadar
rider age: 164
dragon age: 143
history of pair: At the age of 21 Darekesti'ear was briught before the dragon eggs and blue dragon, Tasadar, hatched for him. He was trained under the council to the age of 32. He was then aprenticed to the age of 46. He was then given the right of a full rider and ventured on his own, doing Vearel's bidding. Now he has chosen to take his first apprentice and pass on what he has learned.

rider:
User Image
dragon:
User Image

gaia name: Korn on a Stik
race: Human
rider name: Korrin Vale
dragon name: Ronbex
rider age: 20
dragon age: 16
history of pair: When he was four, a young elf came to visit his family because Korrin's father was an old traveling partner. When this elf saw Korrin he immediately asked to take him to the Dragon Eggs. The black dragon Ronbex hatched for him and he was supposed to remain with the elves to be trained but Korrin's father would not have it. Instead, the council agreed for an experienced rider who lacked a position at the time to train Korrin back at his home. When Korrin turned 18, he chose to leave home and be trained further by the elves. Now he is being assigned to a rider who has recently agreed to take on an apprentice, Darekesti'vear
rider: User Image
dragon: User Image

Gaia name: CrimsonArcher13
race: Human
rider name: Foxx Ryuu
dragon name: Kaiaya
rider age: 15yrs almost 16yrs
dragon age: 1yr
history of pair: Foxx was raised by her older brother so she was naturaly a rough and tumble personality in Teirm. She found a red and black colored stone in the fall durring a horse back ride after returning from a sucsessful hunting trip in a bed of orange and red leaves. During that winter when a blizard blew through and the egg hatched. Her brother was all for helping Foxx raise Kaiaya until the whole town learned about it and wanted to kill it. She ran away with Kaiaya and raised her up herself for a year in the Beor Mountains. Now she's a rouge rider and just uses her abilities to protect Teirm from pirates but lives in the Spine.
rider: User Image
dragon: User Image  

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:50 pm
Setting:
The island of Doru Areaba, in the risidings of the Dragon riders, Vorengarg. Varel awaits Darekesti'vear to set a team of riders to find out what is going on near Teirm. The missing rider, Morzan, has now come to his concern.

Darekesti'vear and Tasadar flew over the island to Vorengarg. 'What do you think is so important that Varel must call us off the search for Morzan?' Darek (For short) thought for a moment. 'I have many thoughts on this matter and each as unlikly as the next. But Brom is able on his own and can hold out for some time without us.' At this Tasadar dived to the dwelings of Varel.

((Toughts of dragons will be posted in dragons color.))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:44 pm
Korrin paced back and forth in the main hall. Patients was never one of his virtues. He felt the eyes of some of the elves on him and stopped, crossing his arms and resisting the urge to tap his foot.  

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:53 pm
At the last posible moment Tasadar spread his wings and slowed as they leveled with the entrance yard. Tasadars talons dug deep into the earth as they landed. 'You show off to much. It is no time to act a fool.' Tasadar gave his back a good shake and flung the elf off. Twisting in the air the elf landed staight and on his feet. 'I will choose when I am to make a fool of myself. And besides, I have need to perfect that move for the next time you and the rider that bested you last year. She is human to.' Tasadar turned his head. 'I smell cooking meat. I could use a snack.' Darek turned. 'Yes we have a dwarf here amd he insisted apon some meat. He must have cooked it himself for we would not.' He said as he abserved the minds around him. 'Later Tasadar. We are expected somewhere.' And the elf strode inside.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:01 pm
((I feel that I must bump. So I will bump.))
BUMP!!!!!!
((That means sart posting.))  

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:04 pm
At last, the rider Darek had arrived. Korrin's eyes snapped to his future mentor and resisted the temptation to approach the elf himself. One of the council members stood, and prepared to address Darek (please fill in here, not sure what the council should say XD )  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:06 pm
Darek twisted his handover his sternum and bowed. Varel Stood and did the same. "Welcome Darekesti'vear and Tasadar. I am pleased with the speed that you responded to my summons. I know that the task to find Morzan and Gallbitorix has ben met with little success. And to leave Borm to continue the seach on his own is a risk. But there are maters that need attending and students that must be tought and there is Urgal activity that must be attended near Teirm. So you will take a group of young riders with you to investigate. Only one is your fully abliged student. His name is Korrin Vale. The others are temporary until we can get another rider to join you in your investigation. I have a feeling that there is more than just Urgals to this matterand you will need numbers on your side. You are to fly to Teirm and investigate the reason that the Urgals are so far from the Spine. Your pupils will meet with you here and you will leave at dawn.gánga unin mor'ranr, Shur'tugal Darekesti'vear, Skulblaka Tasadar." And with that the council left the room. Darek turned and saw the young Korrin looking at him. Darek aproched him and studied him for a moment. "Korrin Vale is your name." It was not a question but a statment. "Where is your partner? It would be best if you were both here when We address our pupils."
(You forgot to say if your dragon was with you or not. So I will presume he is not with you.)  

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:31 pm
Excitement danced in Korrin's eyes as the council spoke. He was finally going to be, or at least be closer to being, a full fledged rider! When the council left, Korrin's eyes flicked from Darek, to Tasadar (lol, star craft name!), and back to Darek. Tongue tied with excitement, Korrin simply nodded as did as instructed. 'Ronbex! RONBEX! He's here! Hurry into the hall!' 'Always when I'm eating?' 'Hurry!' After a few moments there was a gust of wind that blew open the loose door opposite Korrin, Darek, and Tasadar. Then there was a dull thump and in lumbered Ronbex. Once his eyes found Tasadar, he bowed uncharacteristically humbly. "It is an honor," the young black dragon murmured. Korrin gave Ronbex a sharp glance and the dragon walked over to Korrin, sitting behind him.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:57 pm
((I could have done Judicator but, I like Tasadar more.))
Tasadar moved slowly over to Ronbex. He examined the other dragon with his left eye. He let out a long breath of hot air. 'This one has much confidence but has poor posture and little respect for his rider. He has a strong wingspan and leg. He lacks much mid-body muscle though'
Darek nodded as he did the same with Korrin. 'He is human, which is an unavoidable drawback. He is built well and lacking in knowledge. He has the hunger to prove himself. They will be a challenge to train but, in the end they will come together nicely.' Darek and Tasadar both stepped away. "My name is Darekesti'vear and this is Tasadar, my partner. We have been assigned to complete your training as Shur'tugal and Skulblaka. Step forth and show me your blade, Rider."  

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:46 pm
Ronbex straightened as Tasadar looked him over while Korrin's eyes never left Darek's, searching for answers he knew the elf had but found none. As instructed, Korrin stepped forward and drew his staff from its place across his back. The staff was made of stiff wood, strengthened by magic, and had a thin, two foot long blade at the end.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:38 pm
Darek looked over the weapon. "Rhunon rarely makes any thing other than a sword for a rider." Tasadar touched the edge of the blade with his snout. The metal rippled like water. "The weapon suits you." Darek looked over the eager young rider. "Are you a stone or do you speak? You have question that you wish to have answerd. For that is my first purpose here."  

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Korn On A Stik
Captain

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:16 pm
Korrin grinned at Darek's question and said, "What mission were you pulled away from?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:57 pm
Tassadar snorted. 'This one has long ears for a human' Darek smiled at the jest. "My mission was to help a fellow Rider track down Morzan. The traitor that ran off with another trator rider. His name is of no concern to you. Our efforts have thus far have been fruitless. But I think Brom will uncover something soon. Untill then I willd be your teacher. Come, fly with me young rider, so that I may get a better idea of who you are." Darek gracefully swung up onto the saddle on tassadar's back. Tassadar thrust his wings out and then down and lifted off the ground.  

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
The Books Come to Life Here (Fantasy RP Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games