Reply . ink . canvas . soul .
Classic Lit Vs. The Not-So-Classic & Everything Between

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cafe Con Leche

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:17 pm
Okay. So, I am not an English major (Holy Batman, I am a college student). The writing, art, and stories I do get my grubby hands on range from old high school classic literature excerpts from a book I may not have returned, very dry operation manuals and technical handbooks, political manifestos, paperbacks with eye-catching text or cover art, battered copies of 'Twilight' and 'Harry Potter' forced upon my by concerned friends, backs of cereal boxes, giggle-worthy bouts of fanfiction, warning labels of cleaning products, and books written by authors I've been fans of since early teenhood.

Yes, I dare to make up a word.

So, I'd like to ask you, the guild and it's corresponding lurkers, do you read the classics, the not-so classics, or anything that catches your eyes. My reasons for this are curiousity and possible the desire to sneak into the library with a list of books I'd never considered instead of looking for neat cover art.

I've tried to translate German poetry in moments of boredom.

I don't know German. So, tell me. What do you read so I can be inspired to read different things.

Currently Reading::
-Pride & Prejudice:: Damn the movie for making me drool over Mr. Darcy and making me curious about the book
-Coraline by Neil Gaiman :: WARNING - 10x creepier if read outloud

Favorite Books:: Rated by heart 's (4 max)
Good Omens by Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman heart heart heart heart
Fight Club by Chuck P-something heart heart
Stardust by Neil Gaiman heart heart heart
-pending greater list-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:29 am
read ellen hopkins. damn good storys with twists in the end that will leave you speechless.

currently reading
Impules by Ellen Hopkins
Suck It Up by Brian Meehl (or something like that)  

lizard lightning
Vice Captain

Stelle Cadenti

Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:49 pm
User Image

It's Chuck Palahniuk. I'm reading one of his books right now, Lullaby. You should check it out if you like him. The story is interesting, it's about an African lullaby that kills people. I can't really say much more about it though, I won't be able to finish it, I personally can't stand his writing.

. ink . canvas . soul .

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games