Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Beatles

Back to Guilds

Tags: Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr 

Reply The Beatles
Go to college and major in... THE BEATLES!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beccaecka
Crew

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:41 pm
"Liverpool Hope University to offer Beatles degree

Liverpool -- 3rd March 2009 -- A brand new MA in The Beatles, Popular Music and Society has been launched at Liverpool Hope University and is the first MA of its kind in the World.

The new course, which can be studied both full- and part-time, covers four modules with specific issues relating to The Beatles and Popular Music, consisting of four 12-week taught modules plus a dissertation.

Mike Brocken, Senior Lecturer in Popular Music at Liverpool Hope University said: "There have been over 8000 books about The Beatles but there has never been serious academic study and that is what we are going to address.

The Beatles influenced so much of society, not just with their music, but also with fashion from their collar-less jackets to their psychedelic clothes.

Their output covered a huge range from the black and white film 'A Hard Day's Night' to Strawberry Fields Forever which was accompanied by arguably the first pop video."

Read more here.

If I were rich... oh baby.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:11 pm
Haha...oh my. gonk

Part of me is saying, "That's ridiculous, they're just PEOPLE. People that wrote songs. Sure they were really important to popular culture, but..."

Then part of me is insisting that that would be kinda cool to take. Of course, I'd only do it if I had lots of extra money and lots of time on my hands.

Anyway, my first reaction was definitely that that's a little silly.  

practicallyzen

Cr4shley
Crew

Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:12 am
My friend's mom was talkin' about this, the other day. I guess they're taking a very small number of students..  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:40 pm
Go to sleep now, go on dream away...

I'd so take that for the hell of it. XD

...Isn't easy, is it babe?

Carropie

OG Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

asdfghjklyo

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:42 pm
At first I thought that, "It'd be rather silly. What kind of job would take in that course?"
But y'know I think half the world are Beatles fans so I think this'd be amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:36 pm
So Static
Haha...oh my. gonk

Part of me is saying, "That's ridiculous, they're just PEOPLE. People that wrote songs. Sure they were really important to popular culture, but..."

Then part of me is insisting that that would be kinda cool to take. Of course, I'd only do it if I had lots of extra money and lots of time on my hands.

Anyway, my first reaction was definitely that that's a little silly.
People that became icons. I thought the same about the Elvis fame, but he was more than just his songs, he was an image. An era.

Same with the Beatles. They had the world revolving around their fingers, and still do. They inspired many areas of life and I can't list how many of today's artists are still listing the Beatles as their musical inspiration. Also fashion, thought, art, their stories becoming somewhat of legends.

I'm actually curious about what one would do with a Bealtes degree? I'm sure it would be a hit with the boss who's a Beatles fan for sure. It's an interesting course to put on your job resume for sure too.  

daydreamer_girl

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:14 pm
I'd take it, but if I really felt like spending money in a not very practical way.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:28 am
I heard about this. Some band took a course that started in seattle where i live by. I also heard a rumor about some college started by Paul in britain. I dont know though...Ive already started improving my grades so I can get in. lol. Crossing my fingers.  

Nowhere Girl909

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
The Beatles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out