Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
EI bundle Confusion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SolemnD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 am
User Image

So I had a bit of Gaia cash to spare, and I considered buying the EI bundle #2.
However, what generation will the items be?

D:
And supposing I no longer want the Items, can I sell them back in the MP?
(I've heard of Items that are soulbound or something.)

I'm sorry if this is a rather foolish question, but I think it's best to know before I do go off spending my money.
^^;

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:16 am
My understanding was that the items in the bundle were all 1st gen but I have not had that confirmed.
As for selling them at mp yes you will be able too. However if you buy them from the cash shop using paypal they maybe subject to a seven business days freeze. This is just for security purposes.  

Sharkworld

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100

elyzia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:07 pm
Actually, the items are unfortunately not first gen. They're the last generation in the item's evolution stage (for example, the Evolving Item Orindae has a first generation & then generations 2 through 9. That means that, if your Evolving Item bundle contains an Orindae, you'll receive Orindae 9th gen. ).

Also, all the items in the bundle are frozen for no period of time. Although something like a seven day security freeze would make sense, Gaia never enforces any sort of freeze on items purchased from the cash shop, no matter what method of purchase you use. This is almost definitely because Gaia would prefer to do as little as they can to discourage people from buying from the cash shop, & a security freeze would piss off the people who want to buy items & sell them in the marketplace ASAP.
So in short, yes, you can definitely sell the items in the marketplace.

In my opinion, purchasing an Evolving Item bundle is far from the best use of your money/Gaia cash. The last generation of the Evolving Items -- which, as I said before, is the generation you in fact receive from those bundles -- usually means receiving the least desirable generation. Also, their worth in the marketplace only goes down, because the bundles basically cause a whole lot more of an item that will never evolve or change again to be realeased into the marketplace. Naturally, the more the item is available, the less its worth.
Instead, think about purchasing an Evolving Item... a newer one, preferably a first generation. Watching them change is fun, & after they're done evolving, you can sell them in the marketplace & get much more gold for your money than the EI bundle would give you.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:34 pm
User Image

x3
Ah, I see. Thank you both so much for the help!

Hm, when you put it that way elysia, I am not too keen on buying the bundle anymore.
It had seemed like a good deal if they would have been first generation, but it seems that's not the case.

Wow, I am so glad I asked this before I actually went and bought it.
In that case, I suppose I'll browse through the cash shop some more and find a decent evolving item.
I had been afraid of doing that at first, since I didn't know if it would evolve to my liking, but I suppose that's the fun it.

Once again, thank you so much for the help!
And Elysia, thank you so much for the tips. x3
I really appreciate it!

SolemnD

AvianFlame

Dapper Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:35 pm
Gaia had installed, though I don't know of the current status, a 7 day security freeze on any item bought with a paypal account or credit card number (because the transaction still goes through paypal) that has not been previously used on the site. While the item can be equipped etc., it can't be sold or traded for that duration. I'm unsure of how opening a bundle effects the status of the items inside.

Quote:

First-Time PayPal purchase policy
Any PayPal account that is new or has never been used with this Gaia account is subject to a 7-day item freeze policy. During this time any item(s) bought for yourself or others with Gaia Cash can still be equipped, but cannot be sold or traded.

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games