Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Guild of Many Roleplays, Discussions, and Oddities

Back to Guilds

A place to hang out, roleplay in lots of genres, and chat about anything. 

Tags: roleplay, chat, literate, creative, general 

Reply Main Discussions and Oddities...
GrandSlam Finals!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Time for the French.
  Rafael Nadal(2/5)
  Roger Federer(11/2)
  Novak Djokavic(15/2)
  Andy Murray(18/1)
  SUPER CHICKEN TACO POTATOE WAFFLE MUFFIN CARROT!!!(1/1)
View Results

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:48 pm
This is where you can post what you think will happen in one of the four Major Tournaments.It starts with the Australian Open(sorry, I'm alittle late on posting this the womens finals are already over). But you can still say what you think for the mens finals! Post what you think will happen at the 4 Major Tournaments(Wimbeldon Open, U.S. Open, French Open, and Australian Open). You can even bet with other people online(as long as you realize that if you lose, you must give the gold to the person that you bet against)! Tonight, ROGER FEDERER!!! will play against Rafael Nadal. Federer is ranked 2nd and Nadal is ranked 1st. Official bets are Nadal 5/4 and Federer 8/11(if you don't know what that means, just ask. Federer is favored though!). They'll be playing notbefore 7:30 Ausrtalian time, or 3:00 A.M. here on the East coast. I'll start. I think Federer will win in 5 sets, losing the first, winning the next two, losing the fourth, and winning the fifth and final set!(Note: This is really only for the people that understand sports or play them or whatever. If you don't know anything about Tennis, I advise you stay away from this forum. You may accidentally lose a lot of gold.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:22 pm
*loses gold by reading only part of this*
lol
((ihavenoideawhatsgoingon))

xd  

The Azure Quincy
Crew

Herelen2
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:43 pm
Chuck Norris comes in on Federer's final serve, roundhouse kicks the ball straight into Ndal's pretty boy face! In result Federer wins.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:57 pm
W00t! There is a pole. 3 people have seen this forum. 2 people have voted on the pole. Whoever didn't, may I suggest voting on ROGER FEDERER!!!? It's the truly worthy and correct choice.  

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:54 am
Nadal just won the first set, like I knew he would. 7-5. Everyone knows that Federer loses the first set of his Finals matches but still usually wins the match. G2g!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:39 am
And to finish up the second set, Federer dominates 6-3! I knew he would get this and I know he'll get the next set! Federer is Betterer!  

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:02 am
Oh, but Rafa just barely manages to close out a cose 3rd set, winning 7-6(3)! Darn!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:42 am
BUT TO CAPTURE THE 4TH SET, FEDERER WINS 6-3 AGAIN! TRULY THE WINNER OF THIS LAST SET DESERVES THE TITLE AS NUMBER ONE TENNIS PLAYER CURRENTLY!  

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:33 am
I just can't anymore. I hoped and hoped for Federer to make # 14 but now I'm on the ground, reaching above the table to type. I can't believe it!  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:04 pm
*Sigh*... After a gruesome defeat at the Australian open, losing the fifth set 6-3 to Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer is back in business after dismembering Nadal in his home land at Madrid 6-4, 6-4, only the second time Federer defeated Rafa on clay. Finally, another Major Tournament appears, the French Open in Rolland Garros. I am a true Roger Federer fan, but I know when to admit defeat. The French Open obviously belongs to Rafael Nadal, unfortunately. I'm betting 8,000 gold on him. Anyone think otherwise? (Nadal is favored to win, with betting odds at 2/5 and Federer at 11/2, meaning if Rafa wins, for every five dollar(in this case gold), you get two dollars. If Federer wins, then for every two dollars(gold) you bet, you get eleven extra dollars.) Well, even if it means I lose my bet, let's go Federer!!!  

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Science Infinity
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:18 pm
OH MY GOD!!! I OWE THIS GUILD 8,000 GOLD NOW BECAUSE RAFAEL NADAL LOST TODAY AT THE FRENCH OPEN IN THE FOURTH ROUND!!! SO NOW ROGER FEDERER IS A SHOO IN!!! OF COURSE, I DON'T WANT TO JYNX ANYONE SO I'M ONLY GOING TO BET MY REMAINING 10K ON ROGER FEDERER!!!!! WHY AM I STILL TYPING IN CAPS?!?!?!  
Main Discussions and Oddities...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games