Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Towns-is this supposed to happen?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SolemnD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:40 pm

While I've heard that you can find bugs, flowers, and trash in towns to later use to make other items, I have yet to see anything of the sort.

I did spend a good hour in towns, but the majority of that time was spent trying to move my character.
From what I gather, this is not the norm (if the people in towns complaining is any indication.)
Instead, I was met with a group of people unable to move their avatars, and what appeared to be colourful water balloons flying everywhere.

My question is, is this a bug in the system? People mentioned that it was scripters, but is this something we can report?
Or is this in fact normal in towns?

As for the items in towns, I was granted gold through shaking trees, rocks and the like, but have yet to find a single bug, flower, etc.
Should I just give it time, or are these items simply rare to find?

I'm sorry if these questions have already been answered elsewhere.
If they have, would you kindly redirect me to that thread?

Thank you in advance.
:3

Edit: D: Just my luck.
Right after I submitted this, I find a response in a thread concerning the bugs and trash found in towns.
I'm sorry, I hadn't seen that earlier.
Please disregard that part.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:24 am
Well, it's not what's supposed to happen, but Gaia is certainly aware of the problem. I imagine it would have been a bit difficult to ignore the mass of Towns-loving people who are currently unable to use their favorite feature of the site. Whatever the problem is, we're just going to have to wait it out; though this is frustrating to many users (the NSTG crew was even considering doing something in Towns that had to be cancelled because of this), all we can really do is wait.

I'll answer your other question anyway, just in case someone else is wondering: bugs, trash (e.g. crumpled paper) and flowers are not usually rare in Towns. However, items in Towns have temporarily been disabled, as per Admin Lead SimplySimone's announcement here. The staff doesn't have a predicted date for when this will be resolved, but it will probably be announced on that thread when one is available.

If you're ever confused about whether something is a bug, you're free to ask here, of course, but if you need a faster response, check out the Bug Reports & Technical Support Forum. There, you're likely to see similar reports from other users and you can quickly differentiate what is normal from what is awry.

Hope that helps!

Misti
NSTG Moderator

KittyKat62

SolemnD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:55 am
It most certainly does help.
:3
Thank you very much.

In this case, there really is no use reporting something like this I guess, as long as Gaia is aware of what's going on and is working on a way to fix it.

In the meantime I suppose, I'll just avoid towns for a bit, or just until the problem is resolved.

Thank you very much for the links! Those were especially helpful.

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games