Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Help/Resources
PS2 questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oh boy
  this is tricky
View Results

StardustPaste

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:55 pm
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea."
Okay, I have a relatively new computer, I just bought it in October 08. It's a Gateway LX6200-01. It has this panel in the front that pops out and has three ports that are red, yellow, and white like the input ports on the back of a television. So I thought, "Hey maybe I can plug my PS2 into this thingy and play with the computer!"

Well I plugged it in and nothing happens, and yes everything is turned on, connected etc. So I can't plug it in that way, but I'm set on having my PS2 connected to my computer so I don't have to keep plugging it back into the TV every time my sister plays her Wii.

I have a TV tuner, as I saw that mentioned in several forums when I googled this question but nothing was explained in stupid enough words for me to understand, or they were explained in words so poor it confused me. So if anyone knows how to connect a PS2 to a PC or can push me in the direction of someone who does know, I'd be a very happy camper. Thanks lots. heart

EDIT: here's a link to the gateway shop where you can find the exact specs. link!

"For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:11 am
You have two options. Either way you're going to have to buy something.

One: Pain in the a** expensive way, that technically should work. Go and buy yourself a TV Tuner Card that's compatible with your video card. This will run you a good 100$ (I suggest this one. But I didn't check if it was compatible with your Vid Card.) Connect it to your PC. Connect your PS2 to the Tuner Card and enjoy. Be warned that this will cause about a half-second lag while playing.

Also note that TV Tuner Cards can also be used for a LOT of other things, thus the 100$ price-tag.

Two: Easy/Cheap way, but its not through your PS2. go and download a good PS2 Emulator for your computer, it's freeware, so no problem there. Assuming you have a decent enough computer (you should be fine) you just load that up and put the PS2 disc in your DC/DVD drive and play it through the emulator. The only thing you'll have to buy would be a good joystick. Unless you already have a PS2 controller with a USB Port. That's doubtful, but pretty much any joystick will do. Also, you can buy PS2 controller to USB adapters if you want.

Also, I can teach you how to burn PS2 Games if you want. Free games through the wonder of the internet. Well, almost free. The boot disc you need is about 20$, but you only ever need one.  

Vindico

StardustPaste

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:14 pm
I have a TV tuner though...  
Help/Resources

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out