Kino's Journey

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:51 pm
Quote:
The story follows the travels of Kino, a young adventurer who rides a talking motorcycle named Hermes. They explore the people and cultures of different places throughout their adventures, spending only three days at each location.

A friend introduced me to it about two days ago, and I'm already almost done with it. It's really an interesting set up. It doesn't really focus much on plot, but instead focuses on philosophical and psychological issues. It's extremely existential, and while the character's apathy is a bit annoying, it really makes you think.

If you're looking for a lot of action, ignore it, but if you want something a bit different that's still a lot of fun, maybe you should check it out.

So, ever heard of it? What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:27 am
User Image

Never heard of it. But it would be the 2nd anime I've heard of (next to Death Note) that has any sort of psychological/philosophical layers to it.

It might be worth checking out just for that =3

User Image

MaskedPhantom

Hunter

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:20 am
It's a bit mre psychologically subtle than death note I think - and the stuff is found mainly in contradictions. It's actually almost like a satire of society sometimes. =)

I finished it the other day, and it was really good.  
T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games