Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
profile editing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

catzeyez1715

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:36 am
ok so I put the code(tektek?) in, saved it, deleted the cookies and it's still the simple one i picked off gaia...i don't know what to do. Help please.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:48 am
Moving to Q & A forum. 3nodding

Ok, so...

Did you check to see whether your profile is set to Current or Classic?
Which is the new profile? It should say where you download it.  

Avzel

catzeyez1715

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:53 pm
oh, where is the best place to get a layout?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:05 pm
The best place to go for layouts is Tektek, which you went to. There are two different types of profiles that you can have, which might be why you're having problems.

Current profiles are the new ones. There is less coding and such involved. You simply go to your profile page and move things around.

Classic profiles are the older ones. This is most likely the type of profile that you are trying to use. This involves a lot of coding and the only way to move things is through the coding.

Now, you should check to see that the layout you are trying to use matches the type of profile you are set to. If not, change the type of profile and save.

Also, if you are using a Classic profile layout, you should check to see that you have switched it to custom. My Gaia > Account Settings > Profile Theme. There, there will be a drop down box. If it's not set to custom, make it so that it is.

I2eally

Beloved Fatcat

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Haruhi Hitachiin

Magnetic Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:03 am
I've got kinda the same problem except that I was able to switch to classic, but I cannot switch back to current. It wont let me over ride it or put in the url. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:30 am
YOu must also check account settings -> preferences -> on middle left "Choose Profile:". Here you must also switch from classic to current!
If you override current profile with old style code it won't work and vice versa, because the code itself is too different.  

Millay Crayne

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff