Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.
Guild Watch-List ? - I Need Your Feeback

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the "Watch-List" a good idea?
  Yes, I love the idea of getting involved.
  Yes, but I don't think I'll get involved.
  No
View Results

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:36 pm
This guild is full of threads relating to anime and manga series that you probably haven't even heard of. This split in what people have/haven't watched is causing a rift in the guild in the form of serious lack of conversation. There's the odd clique of members with similar interests, while the rest of you suffer in silence, perhaps sitting on a gem of a series that the rest of us have yet to discover.

Knowing this, I dreamt up the idea of creating a T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S. "Watch List", a regularly updated list of top reccomended anime/manga that we as a guild attempt to watch/read in hopes of spurring on conversation between us all. The list would be decided upon by the mods and I based on reccomendations that you as members would PM to us personally, and sometimes put to the vote. I'd like to hear your thoughts and criticisms on this idea.

The main issue nagging me currently is the thought that many of you might use illegal methods of obtaining the anime/manga we list in order to keep up with the rest of the guild. I'd also like to hear thoughts on how this could be prevented.

I hope most of you are as enthusiastic and supportive of this idea as you have been many prior to it. Thanks, everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:52 am
Ooohhh, I like it! :3

And as for the preventing illegal methods, there are now anime companies that post episodes online for free viewing, usually the first and second episodes of series, we could make use of those, and post the links to where we could watch them. Also there are places you can rent anime for cheap (Blockbuster or Netflix anyone? Well, in America anyways). Of course, everyone may not have that conviently at their disposal, I know I don't. Dx

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

bollier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:32 pm
I think this would be a great idea, as long as it doesn't become the sole focus of the guild. I'm not a supporter of downloading anime so that thought bothers me a little, but the people who do it for this guild would probably do it on their own anyways, so its not that big of a deal.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:17 pm
house divided... xd  

alvhinne

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:25 pm
Thanks for the great feedback, guys! I'm really pleased you think this is a good idea.

@Meg: Brilliant! Thanks a bunch for letting me know about those free episodes, they'll be really useful. Rental is good and that's exactly what I'll be using myself, but in the end suppose we can't stop people from downloading if that's what they chose to do. :/

@Bollier: I don't want the guild to revolve around the list, but hopefully it will give everyone more to discuss. The trouble with being a guild for lesser known anime/manga is that hardly anyone knows about the same series XP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:58 pm
I would love that. Unfortunately, I'd be one of those people using illegal methods to watch it. crying

EDIT: Meggis suggests Netflix - it's got a lot of anime and it's cheap too.  

Tarantellatears

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:29 am
Why don't you go halves on rentals with Meg? I'm gonna be using an online service in the UK.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:18 am
Cheremy LeBeau
Why don't you go halves on rentals with Meg? I'm gonna be using an online service in the UK.

Good suggestion, however, I'm fixing to go GA for school on January 2nd, so we couldn't share then....Dx

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:13 am
Cheremy LeBeau

I would have to convince my parents to get Netflix - which I'm not sure they would do. And Blockbuster really isn't that cheap - in fact, it's rather expensive if I remember right, and the cheaper video store has nothing. -_-

And Meggie's going to college . . .
I'll figure something out I'm sure. =]
*goes to bug parents*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:06 pm
i found blockbuster in my place has only old animes... and yeah expensive for rental too... gonk  

alvhinne

T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff