Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
I'm Going To Be Mega Disappointed (Future Games)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:41 am
I just looked through the (Japanese) information about Phantasy Star Zero at the official site. After playing through Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst with some friends, and after forgiving the really annoying camera, I'm totally hooked to a portable MMO like this to come out on the DS. The battle system is familiar (though more customisable) and the PictoChat-like communications system looks so fun that I'd probably spend the first hour or three (if I ever get the game) making all the frames for almost every utility action I'd want to do (and keep some blank ones in case I have new thoughts).

Unfortunately, I can't help but think that the game will be a disappointment. It looks so very cool on the DS but it really could just be SEGA taking the creme-de-la-creme of the game's footage and cinematics and trying to sell me (which is very very likely). Heh, I probably wouldn't get the game in a while since I have other matters to attend to but I have a fear of disappointment.

Discuss: Hyped New Games, Games That Left People Disappointed Upon Release.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:46 am
I decided to stop caring about videogames partly for this reason. They get hyped up, I play them feel slightly disappointed and wish I had never bought them in the first place. Doesn't help that I don't own like any of the nexgen systems.  

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Brunswick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:50 am
Well I'm not a big fan of games out now. They all just seem to be all looks and no play. Most PS3 and 360 games all have great graphics, but that's it gameplay kind of sucks...

But I did buy a Wii and Wii Fit on Friday, so far its pretty fun. Snowboarding on the Wii Fit board is awesome. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:54 am
Wii Fit and the Wii in general are amazing. I'm not exactly a serious gamer (though when I have the time to be I am) so games that I can just play for 15-20 minutes at a time are best for me in my current situation. I do wish there were more-serious games on the Wii.

/derailed

And yeah, I don't really care much about videogame hype either, Xikky, but I couldn't resist the temptation to an MMO like this considering I like PSO:BB during the small amounts of time I play on it.

Edit: What would also be very disappointing is if it's only released in Japan. I could see this particular game in the series only released there; Americans wouldn't be creative enough to use the PictoChat-like chat features.  

Sentama Lin

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:07 pm
I agree about the Wii/Wii Fit. I heart them. Anyway, I always try to do my homework before buying a game. And I don't really buy into hype either. If the game mechanics and the story look like fun to me, then I invest in the game 3nodding I'm not extremely picky either. Some of my favorite games are fairly simple, but provide me with no end of fun/joy.

I'm a 1 system per generation kind of gamer too. 3nodding I can't afford every single thing, so I pick a system and invest in it. Now if I don't feel like playing Wii games, I have a nice library of PS2 titles to pick from.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:58 am
I've grown to be very wary of games made by Sonic Team for this reason. I was into PSO back when I started on GC but they threw more or less the same thing at us over and over for another 3 years. Phantasy Star Universe was supposed to build up so much hype as a next-gen sort of PSO. It failed miserably. Sonic games have been making me upset/dissapointed since Sonic Heroes so red flags abound when it comes to that development team.

I was a 1 system per generation person (Usually Nintendo), but DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 was just too good a reason to pass up a PS2.  

Phaeton

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:16 am
This is one of the reasons I felt the need to post my vide game thread a few days back. I just bought my Wii, but it seems like Nintendo is having an off season for the holidays this year. I haven't seen very many good titles other than Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rockband 2. I'm not a huge Sonic fan, simply because I've never been very adept at the classic games...

Hopefully Nintendo is working on something big for the months to come. As of right now, I'm struggle to justify spending the $225... I love you, Nintendo. Your Wii is fantastic... just give me something GOOD.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:20 am
@Dark - Brawl is good for a couple of people to play. Super Mario Galaxy is pretty fun for one person. Hell, even Wii Sports is pretty fun if you have another 1 or two people.

Don't worry, Nintendo will come through in the end, they always do.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:19 am
3nodding Pancake is right, both those games are excellent. And the single player "Subspace Emmisary" mode on Brawl is even fun solo. I mean, that game is always more fun with other people, but there's some solo fun to be had as well.

Also, Mario Kart Wii is really good. There are so many different ways to control the karts, and there's also a ton of bikes to pick from too. My personal favorite is using the Wiimote-Nunchuck, Manual Controls, and Bikes. And the Mario Kart Wii version of rainbow road is like a Carebear taking a crap on your brain xd It's so bright and colorful and seizuretastic. It sends me into giggle fits.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:35 am
I don't know. I've been let down by game hype in the past, so I don't really invest in it too deeply anymore. I usually wait until the game's been out for a tiny while and then read some reviews on it before I decide to buy it.

Though, my exception to that was Brawl. I bought that game the day it came out and I was not disappointed. <3

Never Meant To Be

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff