Favourite season?
  Winter
  Autumn
  Spring
  Summer
View Results

nataleanne

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:09 am
I've decided that although Winter is a very pretty season, it really has a way of destroying everything. Ugh. There was a really bad ice storm going on from about 4pm yesterday til 7am this morning. :sigh:

Last night, I was kinda bumming around on the computer til about 2:30a, when the power went out. Yayy! stare
I heard a really loud crashing sound outside in the backyard and freaked out, so I went outside to look. I had a flash light, and... there was a giant branch next to my car. I didn't want to go out and actually look because the ground was so icy and I'm clumsy as all heck. Soo.. then I'm still staring out and another branch drops right where the other branch was. I freaked, went back inside and grabbed a coat and stuffs. I walked outside and looked, and my drivers side window was shattered out, and the side mirror was gone on the drivers side. I was far away, so I couldn't see anything else. It was freezing rain.. and I had a lot of important papers and scrapbooks and pictures on the front passenger seat. SO! I went out there with a few bags and bagged up some stuff to bring in, and saw the windshield was cracked with a hole in it. UGH. When I got out of the car, I slammed the door shut and started walking away, and I heard a really loud crack above me. I went to run out of the way, and slipped. So I ran into a tree, and missed a branch of about a 6 inch diameter and lots of branches attached to it -- by only about a foot.

All in all, I was pissed. And scared. I got back inside and went to bed, and went out this morning. Driver window needs replacing. Driver door needs replacing. Windshield needs replacing. AND I need a new driver side mirror. Guess who doesn't have money..! (me) sweatdrop

Discuss:
How does weather mess up your life?
Favourite parts as well as most disliked parts of winter?
Car troubles that really bum you out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:35 am
    Oh wow. That's really terrible. Would your car insurance help with any of that? I'd hope so.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:40 am
You might talk to your insurance company about the damage to the car... smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:40 am
Yeah, they cover most of it... but I still have one week to come up with the $500.00 deductible.

My job doesn't start until two weeks from now and I have nowhere to get it. So I'm going to be carless for quite a while. x_x I hate how two-faced winter is. It's like "hey there cutie... wanna come spend some time with me?" and then "i hate you, i'm pms-ing. leave me alone. i'm killing your car"

ugh.
I'm...in a strange mood. lol
i'm so angry that ive been laughing hysterically. biggrin mommy's worried

nataleanne

Stalker of the nite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:49 am
Wow, that really sucks!!!! Well, where I`m from we rarely see snow or ice. I think I saw it maybe 3 or 4 times. But in the summer it gets so hot, it`s unbearable. I`ve seen it get up to 120 plenty of times. So... spring is my favorite season, not 2 hot not 2 cold.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:49 pm
Well my favorite season of the year is definately Spring is still cold but not as cold as winter and you dont have all the wind with dust you have in autumm so its perfect because all of that and its not hot like summer
Weather...I never thought of it that way how could the weather mess my life...I dunno I love when it rains its perfect to play soccer, one of my dreams is to actually play soccer when its raining but like an official game in a stadium like a final, but that has never happend jsut futbol training and friendly matches
My fav part of winter is cold and it snow my least fav when it dosent snow  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

124-C

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:37 pm
That sucks about your car... Maybe you can a used door with the window intact cheap?

Normally I love winter, but today it kind of pissed me off. I had to get out the county government center to renew my driver's license. Well, apparently the highways are the only roads that the city has seen fit to plow, because most of the sidestreets are snowy, and the road the gov. center is on had about two inches of snow on it. I was going about 15 m.p.h. on my way home and ended up backwards on that road...  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games