Submit

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:38 am
As the topic name states, I'm asking for homemade pain killer remedies. Whether it be a mixture of common pills that probably shouldn't be mixed, an herbal tea that has the magical effects of elimating pain, or anything like that. It CANNOT include alcohol, as I'm currently trying to get a job and can't show up to an interview or even to get an application while I'm drunk.

- Discuss -

Magical Mixtures of pills that somehow eliminate pain
Teas, Coffee, Or anything else that will get rid of pain
How BAD of an idea it is to ask for something like this
How annoying it is to be in so much pain you're unable to walk
Things along those lines.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:18 am
I was looking into a promising alternative pain treatment when I came across this. http://www.chronicpainreliefnow.com/

it uses micro current to block pain from traveling the nerves. nerves are both chemical and electrical and if you watch the little video clip it explains the science behind it. It might be worth checking out with your chronic pain.  

palnoki

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:01 am
Oh, I didn't specify what I meant... Sorry... I meant like... Things around the house that could work. I have absolutely NO money for any type of medicine or anything like that, and even if I did have a bit of money for medicine, I wouldn't be able to afford to go to the hospital or doctor to get a prescription. I've yet to turn in my paper work for government aid on health care. I don't have it fully filled out anymore, due to the fact that I need my parents to fill some stuff out on it about the house's income.

I hate being poor. I mean, I know I shouldn't complain, as there are people out there that are way worse off then me, but... I dunno, it's just so hard to go to the doctor when I NEED to go, because the lack of money.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:17 am
I don't know if I'm simply too stubborn to try anything other than sleep, coffee, music, and solitude, or if I'm just unlucky enough to be unaffected by medicinal herbs and substances. Either way, I'm afraid I have no real advice to give. If I'm feeling any type of pain, I isolate the pained region, relax the muscles on or around the area as much as I know how, and try a bit of gentle massage. If that doesn't work, a bit of coffee, some music (always loud on my part), and some mental purging might help. As for home remedies... Yeah, I'm coming up dry, AP. Sorry about that, man...
*wants to be helpful stressed *  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:19 pm
Hmm...well a little bit of caffene can curb a headache. As for tea...my sister swears by "Yerba Matte" though I dunno that you'd have any on hand. You could always just make a cup of whatever tea you've got, and hold the warm mug against your face. I always find that soothing.

Also, taking a shower with a lot of steam can help if your head is stuffy, or sometimes it's good for a headache. You could also put a hot washcloth over your face. For headaches warm stuff always seems to help me out.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:27 pm
Ahhh, the pain I have isn't in a headache or anything. I'm experiencing chest pains ( worse than usual ) Pains in my Ribcage, pains in my knees, pains in my ankle, pains in my arm, and pains in my left wrist.

It's getting to the point where I'm willing to call up my old dealer for a morphine drip or a few lines or something that will numb the pain for a bit.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:41 pm
I'm not one for medicinal herbs or teas or anything like that. When I hurt, I generally pop an Advil or two >.> What kind of pain is it Pan(like how does it feel(other than 'OMGITHURTSKILLMENOW'))?

Generally, sleep, a small bit of caffeine (you don't want too much though otherwise it might cause another bit of pain (>.> Damn rebound headaches...)), a few minutes out of your life to quickly destress, and a few select pills (be careful in your choice though. They work differently for different people and there's always the risk of internal bleeding or even addiciton) usually do it.

...I know, I'm not helping too much >.< Sorry...I'm just trying to share what I know, and my knowledge is essentially limited to what the pill bottles tell me and headaches (those are my main afflictions) sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:02 pm
Oh, I forgot my hip in that last post, that's bugging me too.

The pains is like... When I walk, my knees, ankle, and hip feel like they're all being stung by a large number of bees. My chest pains feel like a really bad burn, like there's a fire in my chest, along with the feeling that someone is pushing down as hard as they can on it ( No, it's not heartburn ) The pain in my ribs feels like someone's just hit me with a bat. Every time I take anything more than a small breath it stings like hell on those ribs too. My arm just feels like it's been hyper extended though, so it's not as bad, just REALLY annoying.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:59 pm
Kals is questing again!
Got a willow tree in your neighbourhood? Steal some bark, boil it up, and drink the resulting tea... Might not be as effective as you want though, it's basically Aspirin.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:24 pm
Oh my O.O
Um...Really the best advice I can give at this point is just get to a doctor as soon as you are able to(The chest and rib pain seems especially troubling...). Because, really this sounds like something that requires a bit more than tea and pills...

WAH I'm sorry I'm useless! emo

invisible-weirdo

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:33 pm
Well the Arm is an easy fix of rest. I know this sounds really gay but a hot bath of Epson Salts should ease the pain along with a regiment of OTC painkillers. If you can try rapping it and putting icy hot on the hurt areas. That should soften the pain long enough for you to get somewhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:47 pm
@Kals - Nope, no willow trees. I do have a powdered aspirin thing though, It works quite nicely with headaches, but not some of the pains that I've been feeling lately.

@Invisible - The Rib pain is a broken or cracked rib, which doctors can't do anything for other than offer me pain killers. For that they're going to offer me Vikadin, which I can't take because it makes me sick. Doctor's don't generally understand this, but essentially, the only painkiller that's considered "strong" that I can take is morphine, and they won't give that to me..

@Sav - That makes a lot of sense with the arm... It would relax it and ease the muscles... What's the Epson Salt do though? Also, Only OTC painkiller I get is aspirin, and I need to take the equivlent of 4 pills a day regardless, so I'm not REALLY supposed to take any more painkillers throughout the day.

The Aspirin, coupled with Vitamin E, is supposed to make my blood thinner, and in turn, make it so I don't get as many chest pains. ( I have thicker blood than your average person... Plus a damaged heart, so I need to take things that will thin my blood. It's either that or Plasmathesis or whatever it's called )  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:04 pm
I'm not sure how it works, but my mother swears by it and she was an EMT for god knows how long. The arm should be good in a few days or so, just try not to aggravate it. For further injuries to joints and limbs remember RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation).

My step father likes Tiger balm (like icy hot I think) for his back pains when he still had the scoliosis so try that or Icy Hot.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:11 pm
Ahhh, I just looked up the Epson Salt stuff on google, which is good that I did, because I'm unable to use it. It's a Sulfate, which I'm VERY allergic to many kinds of them. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to die, but not while swelling up and being covered with hives...

I'll try the Icy Hot tonight probably for a bit before I go to sleep. I think I still have some here from when I got my a** beat a few months ago and my back got ******** up.

Thanks though. I'll let respond in the morning to let you know if it worked well enough.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:16 pm
Are you in a brace or anything to help heal your rib? Maybe Wrapping your chest would help? You shouldn't be out and about with a broken rib, it could puncture a lung or something.

Heh, Vikiadin will make anyone sick. Can they give you Tylenol 3?  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff