Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
fishing poll & question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you fish on gaia?
  Sure.. catch enough and it really pays
  No.. all the big ones got away
  Sometimes.. if I think they're biting
  I just want gold!! Forget the fish
View Results

Jashana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:37 pm
I bought a strength pole because it is helping me learn better how to catch fish.

The problem is.. there is either a gaia glitch that doesn't load the pic of the lake, etc. but it also doesn't show me the pics of the guppies I have caught and put in my bucket.

Every so often it wants me to buy bait when I have it on hand.

This has been posted on the Gaia bug forum with no response quite a few days ago. I know they're busy.. so am hoping somebody can give me step by step on how to fish.

I know how to catch them. I'm wondering if there is a setting on my computer to change so I can see them after I catch them. Do I need my pop up blocker turned off? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:30 pm
User Image

As long as the pop up blocker is not blocking the whole thing you are fine. Make sure and always empty your cache. Seeing as how it was brought up by others, it may be site wide and we will probably get more help from the Gaia technical crew on Monday. I wish there was more I could do to help you.
User Image

Duke_Azriel

4,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Jashana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:02 pm
I actually stumbled across the FAQ at the bottom of the page and checked Fishing.. And you are so right! It says exactly what you did: Clear the cache every time before I go into play the Fishing game and everything loads correctly!! I actually was able to get a whole bucket of fish, tires, and boots..

I thought Save meant I could go back later if I didn't have time to finish but so far it hasn't worked that way and when I click Save.. it just saves the stuff to my inventory.. But hey.. that's better than it was doing.

Also.. read about the workaround to get the 2 words to post to save.. by typing them in chat, copying them and then right clicking above so I could hit submit..

What a Great day for fishing! smile  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff