Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Love... Lust... no that's not quite right...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

124-C

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:28 pm
I have a bit of a quandary. A girl gave me her number tonight, and I'm not really interested in her. Now, normally it wouldn't be a big deal, since I didn't ask her for her number, I'd normally just blow her off, but... she's a really cool person and it'd be fun to hang out with her. I just don't want a relationship with her.

Now, while that's the immediate concern, it's also brought up some larger issues. I tend to be either physically or emotionally attracted to women. It's one or the other, never both. I can't help but feel that that's not normal, is it? Don't people usually have a mix of both?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:27 pm
Typically, yes, it's a mix. One is the cause of the other, or if you're lucky, you'll just get both straight off the bat. At least, this is what I've gathered from personal experience and observing enough relationships to last me a lifetime.

Why don't you give her a shot? A date or something~. Who knows, maybe things will click this time if you let them. I'll tell you who knows. Nobody unless you try. razz You don't have to start a relationship if you don't feel a thing.

Also.

Hi, Ri-kun! *tackleglompsqueeze*  

Slim95
Crew

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:30 pm
Tell her you don't want a relationship, but you do want to hang out and chill because she's cool. That'll work.

As for your question. As Slim said, yeah, it's typically both, I think... I'm not too sure. Never really had much experience with it/really cared enough to look into it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:30 am
To the first issue: I don't have any good advice or better than what's been offered already.

As for the second issue: I don't know. Sometimes really attractive people are complete bastards. So, it would be understandable to be attracted to them physically but, not in any other way. From my own experience, it's not easy to find someone you can connect with on more than one level. So, if ain't normal...I guess I'm kinda in the same weird a** boat as you xp  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Chexed Nut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:20 am
Psh, you're not the only one, Tsuji. :3 I was physically attracted to Arc way before I met him; it still took a while for me to become emotionally attached. For myself, it was lust-at-first-sight. (Watch him kill me for that. xd )  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:33 am
I can safely say I'm definately more attracted to a person's personality. Maybe thats jut becasue I'm unobservant I don't know. (ie guys at work will be cheking out some girl and I wouldn't have noticed until they ar lall look look! but that applies to everyday life things too, like I can walk past friends ion the mall who are calling my name and have to actually grab me before I ntoice them XD). I've actually only been properly attracted to two girls in my life. Both were friends at first and they were great friends and then things just started to develop.

I'm not even sure I'm helping here... I'll stop now xd  

Surazal Dloc

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:38 pm
I'm a 60:40 guy leaning to looks. A good looking gal takes care of herself, and I like that. Also Hell, I'm a kid so I want a good looking girl!

Why not go out to a non-romantic place with her? Or hell just try a relationship and see where it goes?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:28 am
Forget it, I'll just be a whore.  

124-C

The Chexed Nut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:05 am
That's the spirit, Tsuji~  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:34 pm
Heheheh, whatever floats your boat, Ri-kun.  

Slim95
Crew

Serious Erius
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:41 pm
Lol...didn't see the problem from the beginning..so this isn't a surprise razz  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:33 am
High five for the whoreness!  

Blackie the Cow

~DR.MOOFASA~

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:27 pm
hmm, don't know if this is too late, but.. sweatdrop

a) in your shoes, i still ould have hung out with her and left the whole "dating" thing to chance. things happen out of the blue often times.

b) depends on the person/personality. for some people, it can be both at separate times. for others, it's a mix of both at the same time.
iunno... i guess some may call it weird, i think it's pretty normal. xD
personally, i've experienced only physical or only emotional attraction AND a mix of both (more often, usually out of things growing from one). with sean the emotional came first, and then i saw him and ...my jaw dropped. xd it was a "DAYUM! you're f***in' hot, dude!" ...but i guess that's normal for people who meet online...? sweatdrop i'm not a whore o.o; don't be hatin'.

anyway. i'm done rambling. =P a) go for it if that's still on the table, and b) yeah. you're pretty normal in that sense.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:40 pm
124-C
Forget it, I'll just be a whore.

*sniff* you make me so proud  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

the d0rk knight

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:04 pm
okay, sorry iif iim a biit late as well, but ferst off, and ii say thiis as niicely as possiible =), your not really shure iif she wants a relatiionshiip such as what you thiink. just be friiends and iif thiings get a liittle messy fer you, just tell her you wanna be friiends fer now. sorry iif iim not much a help!  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games