Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Suggestions on good sites to go to for page clip art

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you constantly chage your profile page?
  Yep! I'm never always pleased with the way it looks
  Nope...designed it when I started my profile, and it's never changed since
  I keep the original style, but add little changes.
View Results

sublime_necromancer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:02 am
Didn't see a topic thread for this, so I thought I'd start one...if there is one, I apologize for starting up another one. Regardless...please feel free to post your profile page concerns, or solutions to profile page problems here.

I'll start...

So I'm really getting to jazzing up my profile page...one problem...I've gone to at least four gaia-friendly clipart sites (well, they CLAIM to be gaia-friendly)...but when I upload clipart (especially animated clipart) it doesn't show right when I view my page. Either there's x's or it just doesn't load. So are there sites that gaians use that are workable on gaia profiles? Personally, I'm looking for goulish, vampire, gothic, cyber punk type clipart.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:31 am
Rain says:

Personally, I do my own art, then upload it to Photobucket. That's really the only sure-fire way.

However, you are asking for sites that provide little images for you to put on?
Clip-Art.com will provide you with dozens of such sites. When there, find an image you want to use. Take the Direct Link (URL) to the image, and paste it into the box on your profile. (Picture, then URL tab, I think.)

I think that will work for you. I personally do Old School profiles, so I'm not too sure how that will work for you, but it should work okay.

Invisible Rainbows

Millay Crayne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:33 am
I change my profile from time to time, if i'm bored with it. I use old school profile layouts, created by other ppl. Search on google for gaia profile layout and you'll find a lot of pages, where you can get such profiles (including manual on how to use them). tektek.org also has some.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:11 am
I go to google search and type in what I am looking for i.e.: "gothic clipart" Then click the Images tab and all sorts of graphics will come up. Most you can use for non commercial use so just save them and upload to photobucket. Then you can put them on your profile directly by using the Photobucket tab when inserting a pic.  

PoetStorm

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff