Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Leaving guild. Maybe temporary. Maybe not.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Locke Trufeld

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:49 pm
Yeah, I'm not a regular around here, but I've been in this guild for a whiiiiiile now. ._.; I barely do anything here at all, nor do I remember why I was invited here to begin with, but recently, there's been a few issues with people somewhat... sending unnecessary Gaia IMs to all members in this guild, which just seems to keep coming back despite logging off of Gaia IM, blocking the GaiaGuildBot NPC, and other efforts made. Unfortunately, it has come to the point where I would have to leave this guild to prevent this from happening, since this is the only guild that's been doing this anyway.

I doubt that I would be much of a loss for this guild, considering my lack of contribution anyway, but... I think there's a few others that may be leaving for this same reason as well. Hopefully Gaia will fix this issue with people abusing the Guild IM feature... but if not, then I probably won't be coming back to this guild until then. @_@

Jya.

- Locke Trufeld

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:50 pm
We're losing a member we didn't even know we had? gonk

Nooo. Come back. ;_; They'll fix it.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:51 pm
Weird. It hasn't happened to me, at least as far as this guild is concerned. Have you tried everything under the options bar? You may not have to leave...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:52 pm
It would be helpful for the guild moderation if you let one of them know who the offending members are. If there's just one or two people that are abusing the system, and they are from this guild, it could be taken care of internally.

I hate to see someone go, even if they aren't active. Especially if their reason for going is something like this...  

124-C

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:54 pm
I think it's happened to me about once or twice...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:55 pm
Same thing started happening to me like..10 minutes ago. I just went to settings, disabled the auto-pop-up and auto-sign-in features. And now all is quiet.

It is sad to see someone go over something like this though...Well, I hope when all is corrected, you think about coming back here. The door's always open 3nodding

invisible-weirdo

WiskersThCatfish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:10 pm
The guild bot is sending messages? neutral I'm confused...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 pm
Learn to use GIM.

=3

Edit: Settings in the Buddy List window. It's so easy. Also, not being logged in helps.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:29 am
Jaft
Learn to use GIM.

=3

Edit: Settings in the Buddy List window. It's so easy. Also, not being logged in helps.

He knows how to use it... He logged out of it and the IMs still came up anyways. I'm not sure how that's possible, but it sounds like some sort of glitch. Anyway, I never got any of the IMs, and Gaia claims that I'm logged in to GIM whenever I'm logged into the site. I don't have the buddy list open though so I don't know if I'm actually logged in or not. Either way, I didn't get those guild IMs.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:36 am
This is just a glitch in the Gaia system. This has nothing do with our guild so... yeah. We're sad to see you go cause well, you could've been an awesome addition to the guild, the fact that you can use proper sentences and are coherent makes me really wish you would stay. Hopefully the glitch will work itself out and we can welcome you back.

....Can I just say I have found a new reason to despise Gaia's glitches now? We're losing intelligent, articulate people we didn't know we had cause of them!! *pouts* I gotta go kick the developers now.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:42 am
Gaia automatically logs you into GIM unless you change the settings from the Buddy List. From there, you go down to the bottom of the Buddy List window and click settings. Then you check what alerts you want. You can REMOVE the NPC alert and REMOVE the auto-login to GIM.

You can do a lot of those things there, in the settings. I never had the problem because I'm just never logged in or I chose to silence the NPC.

=l

If he/she already did all of those things, then he or she is just unlucky (which sucks uber because I know how annoying the NPC can be, but I never really cared myself, -turned off the sound alerts-) and suffering to the infamous Gaian glitches. Ah well.

Another note, you're logged in if right above your gold amount it says, "Sign into IM".  
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games