View Results

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:31 pm
Where do I stand? Am I just an extra, a mover in the background while others take center stage? Or am I a supporting character?
...Sorry, this must seem a bit odd, and I apologize for going into an existential mood, but now I am curious as to how you all respond.

Where do you stand in the stage of Life? Are you a main character, the lead role, the supporting cast, the stagehands? Let us run through it, then, this act of Life's play, and see if we can't discover something about ourselves we may not have seen before.

...In short, let's discuss where you think you are, where you think others are, exactly what type of "play" you might be in, that sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:33 pm
Honestly I think everyone is the main character of their own life and the supporting cast of someone else's life. It's all in the position you're in... I could be wrong though xd  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Red Glacier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:33 pm
I guess I feel like one of those characters who doesn't seem like a main character but has plot ahead of them like they are. razz wow.................that really didn't say anything did it?

Edit: Or i'm just that character everyone hates and so the story is my own to hear razz

Really I feel a kind of schizophrinia from all the roles I play >.O  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:35 pm
I'm not actually in the play. : D I'm at another theatre down the street. Or possibly the guy who stands up and walks in front of everyone during a dramatic moment in the play...  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:38 pm
Well, it's good to think such things, Sanzo. It enables people to have a certain degree of self-importance about their lives and decisions.
And Viral, you are young yet, are you not? Of course your plot has yet to be revealed to the audience. You're only starting, after all.
Also, Tae, simply being a spectator can be and important role as well. If there were no one to observe it, then how could place any importance on our "plays?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:40 pm
Erverain
Well, it's good to think such things, Sanzo. It enables people to have a certain degree of self-importance about their lives and decisions.
And Viral, you are young yet, are you not? Of course your plot has yet to be revealed to the audience. You're only starting, after all.
Also, Tae, simply being a spectator can be and important role as well. If there were no one to observe it, then how could place any importance on our "plays?"
I'm fixing to become legal XD

But I guess that opens the door to my role as the character that will end all things for us all as we know it XD  

Red Glacier

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:46 pm
Nah, that's only when you get a driver's license or become a politician. Whichever comes first.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:48 pm
Erverain
Nah, that's only when you get a driver's license or become a politician. Whichever comes first.

I have amunition now XD  

Red Glacier

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:02 pm
Yes, I suppose you do...
Anyway, I'm going to head out for now. Erv, exiting stage right.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:05 pm
Taeryyn
I'm not actually in the play. : D I'm at another theatre down the street. Or possibly the guy who stands up and walks in front of everyone during a dramatic moment in the play...

rofl

Yeah I'd have to say that I'm ....the one who didn't have enough money to get in.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Blackie the Cow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:16 pm
I'm the dude in the audience yelling unintelligible words. Why? Because the play's too damn boring.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:39 am
stare
What a sterling observation. Surely one at the peak of intelligence such as yourself could contribute some wonderful insight into the conversation?  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:14 am
*Upon reflection of what her life would be like as a play, Kerri recalls an excellent book where the main character starts out with happy, humble, mundane beginnings, is designed for greatness, and for about 2/3 of the book he's denied any chance to achieve greatness and he goes a little funny in the head, because the antagonist's goal is to turn him evil without ever harming him. And some of the things in the first sixth of the book are starting to remind her distinctly of her own life.....* ******** that, director. *She shouts to the sky.* If you dare to do that to my play I'm gonna hurt you so bad! *She shakes her fist at the sky then sidesteps a falling light.* mrgreen

On a more serious note. Like Viral, I'm too young to yet know the plot of my play. But I agree with Sanzo that we are all the main characters in our own plays. 3nodding Thus far I know that my play is a musical... and that's about it. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:47 am
Less than two days left!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Please help?

xd @ Kerrie.

If I had to pick my own role in the play... I'd hope the female lead (emphasis on "female." Hint, hint, Mr. Wonderful.) And I'd hope that I, if I were the female lead, would make it into one of those... saccharine stories with a moral where everyone knows how to hit that note that brings shivers to your skin. And we'd tell a story of success through self-motivation, determination, and a LOT of angst early on. And we'd have singing squirrels and whatnot.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Dinosaur Next Door

K0m0d0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:41 am
My play would involve lots of gunfights, sarcasm, exaggeration, uncomfortable issues and controversies, loud music, flashing lights, tiny screaming Japanese vocalists, explosions, and maybe a chicken gets thrown into the audience by Alice Cooper.

biggrin

Well, ah, I imagine myself as a character with no soliloquies, (even though I do that a lot) But I'm practically in every other scene amongst a great many others who appear to be main characters due to their monologues and significance in the plot. I'm some sort of sane, non-druggie, non-alcoholic, non-dysfunctional family state, surrounded by the rest of the people in my subculture and circle of friends that were. Without dealing with any of those tramaus and thusly not being main character worthy, I'm still around all the time getting pretty well acquainted with that world and those people, and thusly take their side in the great struggle of life. And I think the story is much better told in the same method as a heavy metal rock concert- with great exaggeration and too much excitement from everybody. XD.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff