Submit

Lekituzl

Codger

12,175 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:08 pm
Yano, I don't watch alot of Code Geass, but has anyone noticed that they are extremely similiar?

Examples.
Psycho - They both started out decent people, and started goin' off the deep end.
Sacrifices of Family - In the live action movie, Light was going to kill his father. Lelouch was going to use Rollo, his brother.
Followers - Both have followers. Light has the obvious ones like Misa and Teru, and Lelouch has the Black Knights.
Special Power - Light has the Death Note, Lelouch has his Geass.
Killing - For awhile they weren't so sure, but they've both killed countless people.
Body Frame - Both are young, college bound young men with short brown hair, skinny, same smirk.
Main Girl Support - Light had Misa, Lelouch had C2.

Hmmm.... that's really all I can think of at the moment, although I KNOW there are more.

I just thought it was interesting.... I was watching Lelouch last night, and his battle with Rollo. He was all smooth talking and charming, saying he saved Rollo 'cause he was his brother and all. Then at the end, he admit his plans in his thoughts just like Light does. And that smirk! So much like Light! ..... I'm putting to much into this.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:35 pm
I do admit that Light and Lelouch are a lot alike. I was going hysterical, how Lulu is so awesome at tricking people. I'm going to try to contradict this as much as possible though because I love Lulu and I hate Light.

Psycho- yeah, I agree. Although Lelouch doesn't plan on being "God" of the new world. I connect more with him than with Light due to the conflict.

Sacrifices of Family- Rollo isn't really his brother. So he wouldn't be quite "family". The only thing I can think of here is when he killed Clovis. Euphie was an accident, so he had to kill her for her to stop her massacre. ANd he hates the Brittanian royalty. He doesn't really fit in this.

Followers- Can't do anything about this one.

Special Power- the only difference is that--there's almost no difference, except Lulu may handle his power better.

Killing- Light was never really against killing criminals. Lelouch knows that to push further, he has to kill, and he shows remorse. (Clovis)

Body Frame- Last time I checked, Lulu had black hair and was thinner than Light. And much more fashionable.

Main Girl Support- Forgot Kallen. Without her, what would Lelouch be? C.C. (I think that's the official, not sure) is more like the Ryuk, if you're making a direct comparison. But in CG, the girls are much smarter and dependable.

Their thought process is alike. I can say that. I can't see the smirk though... I'm not a big fan of Light, but Lelouch is awesome. (See my bias?)

Count Chocolat

Taiyou_x6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:05 am
Look I can agree with both of you, mainly because I like both Lelouch and Light, but yeah I have always thought of Code Geass as just a combination of Neon Genesis Evangeleon (due to the big robots) and Death Note (world changing egotistical geniuses).

Psycho - well at the end of DN Light did go insane when he couldn't kill Near, but Lelouch's insanity was more well due to his desperation of not seeing a way out (like when C.C. had lost her memory, I can't remember the exact situation, but while C.C. was trying to help Lelouch, he was going insane due to something happening outside) and also when he knows that he has won (like during the Black Rebellion), but his mainly came from his genius while Light's came from the Death Note

Sacrifices of Family - Well sure Clovis was really not all that mourned over by Lelouch, he even wanted to kill Cornellia, and succeeded in killing both his father and mother while with Euphie and Nunnally he was distraught, so a mixed bag for Lulu. But, even in the original Manga series of Death Note Light was planning on killing Sayu, he even led his own father to his death, and only pretended to mourn over his loss only to achieve his own goals

Followers - Black Knights and the Chinese Government, Kira's Kingdom and various Kira supporters. Except the Black Knights were more of an army than the Kira supporters whom at the first sign of money abandoned the cause

Special Power - Geas and the Notebook. Oh but here's a difference for you. The Geas is also known as the Power of Kings, while the Death Note is the actual Shinigami's power

Killing - ok so yeah both had no qualms about killing

Body Frame - ok well since Light was a champ at Tennis it stands to reason that he is no slouch, while Lelouch could hardly keep up with Milly even when she was in a constricting dress, and it has been noted that Lelouch is in fact not in the perfect of shape, hence why he's mostly at the rear guiding the battle, but if given the chance he would be gladly up on the front lines, as proven in Nightmare of Nunnally manga series

Main Girl support - ok yes C.C. would almost defiantly be a Ryuk sort of character, except that on a number of occasions has gone out of her way to help Lelouch, while Ryuk only does it if it works to ease his boredom. An example of which would be that Ryuk refuses to give out Ray's fiancee's actual name when she was extremely close to blowing Light's cover, while C.C. not only helps Lelouch in eraticating all overs with the Geass, even when she is about to granted her wish, she instead decides to help Lelouch in his plan for Zero Requiem (all right so it was a long while in-between them but still the whole fact of Zero Requiem clashes with her contract that she gave Lelouch in the first place).

But yeah the main point of this point is that Light has had at least two girls fall for him and at the same time known about who he really was, while Lelouch has had three at the least that have at some point loved him and known both his identities. Both however can attract a whole lot of girls if they wanted to.

There were some other points that I had thought of while reading this, but yeah just got a massive mental blank on all of them. Here is just some which has a difference:

World domination vs recreation: Ok so light wanted to rule the world as a god, while Lelouch's plans were always about making the world a better place for, originally his sister, then the entire planet. By making everyone hate him, and then having Zero (at this point Suzaku) kill him, then the world would be united under the banner of peace, while Light used fear to force people into peace.

Enemies: Ok so yeah Light obviously had L, Near and Mello, all of which were their own boss, while Lelouch had Suzaku, Cornellia, and Schneizel, all of whom were working for either the Emperor or some higher power. But Lelouch's unltimate enemy was his own father, and even then he needed the help of a true God to help him

God: ok this one wasn't different but a similarity, both have Gods. Code Geass has the entity known as God which is the accumulation of human consciousness, while Death Note has actual gods of death, who by English standards are Reapers  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:11 pm
SeeSayLeki
Yano, I don't watch alot of Code Geass, but has anyone noticed that they are extremely similiar?

Examples.
Psycho - They both started out decent people, and started goin' off the deep end.
Sacrifices of Family - In the live action movie, Light was going to kill his father. Lelouch was going to use Rollo, his brother.
Followers - Both have followers. Light has the obvious ones like Misa and Teru, and Lelouch has the Black Knights.
Special Power - Light has the Death Note, Lelouch has his Geass.
Killing - For awhile they weren't so sure, but they've both killed countless people.
Body Frame - Both are young, college bound young men with short brown hair, skinny, same smirk.
Main Girl Support - Light had Misa, Lelouch had C2.

Hmmm.... that's really all I can think of at the moment, although I KNOW there are more.

I just thought it was interesting.... I was watching Lelouch last night, and his battle with Rollo. He was all smooth talking and charming, saying he saved Rollo 'cause he was his brother and all. Then at the end, he admit his plans in his thoughts just like Light does. And that smirk! So much like Light! ..... I'm putting to much into this.

nice nice.
i agree with you.
and they both were smooth and charismatic right?
lol  

Ciro Blue

Distinct Genius

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

Sugar in Lemonade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:17 pm
This will probably sound bias as I hate Light but like Lelouch...either way I'm going to best support my argument through what I know and examples.

Psycho - They were both decent people, but I feel as if Light had always had an urge...to become great. Lelouch was working for someone he loved, which I think is a better motivator then just changing the world. I also believe that Lelouch was driven to more corruption. However, Light said from the very start he was "bored" and was extremely cocky with how he acted. He knew what he wanted, grasped onto it, and claimed himself a God. Lelouch has never done this. He's working towards a goal but ACKNOWLEDGES what he does can be considered wrong. He also shows remorse with everything that happens, even if he seems not too at times. It's there. Light, on the other hand...I will argue from the start there is something mentally wrong with him as he never shows remorse. If he does, it's very briefly over L...but even then it was not very long. I don't necessarily feel the Death Note did that--made him full out psycho. That has to be in your personality to begin with. After all, studies have been done for actual psychos etc that show less guilt in the certain part of the brain. So yes, Light became corrupted but honestly...? From the start, I feel he was ready to embrace that corruption or it's an excuse to get what he wants. Lelouch on the other hand, shows sorrow...in the end he accomplishes what he wants. He puts the burden on himself, unlike Light who was wallowing in his self pity and asking for help once he knew he was defeated. Sore loser.

Sacrifices of Family - Light will kill anyone for what he wants without a second thought. Lelouch is reluctant to kill some people he loves. Some are accidental, and once again he shows remorse over them. He carries the burden and does not simply shrug it off. Lelouch even learns from situations, how much people cared for him and in the end changes the world for them. In a way it's like redemption.

Followers - Light definitely has followers. However, he's willing to use those and throw them away at any time. He doesn't think of them as very good, but to use as tools. In a way, Lelouch has this view except it's more complex. He learns through experience about the worth of people. Some of the people he does appreciate. In the end, once again...he dies leaving himself redeemed and saving the remaining people. Therefore, creating that ideal world.

Special Power- Derp. They kill differently but essentially people can end up dead. Lelouch's power doesn't necessarily kill people always though, unlike Light's where there is absolutely no way around it. You are dead. That is final.

Killing- Unfortunately, both are killers no matter how you look at it. The only difference being in what they want to obtain and how they go about it. Both Light's kills and Lelouch's kills hit home. They make you sad for the character dying. However, I would much rather die by Lelouch's hands instead of a completely cold unfeeling killer like Light. /lol bias

Body Frame- They're very different in looks besides being slimmer high school-college teenagers/adults. Lelouch totally becomes more mature mentally though as time progresses, unlike Light. << Just sayin.

Main Girl Support- Yeah, C.C. would be more like Ryuk however she was supportive and cared for Lulu. Unlike...Ryuk who could not care less what happened to Light and was purely there for entertainment. Also, the girls in Code Geass aren't treated in such a sexist manner or are weak in any way. They are portrayed as strong females and aren't easily manipulated.

World Domination vs Recreation- I still find Light's "excuse" to make the world a better place invalid. Becoming a God and acting as a Hitler like figure--do this or die is not going to make the world become a better place. FEAR DOES NOT WORK. Lelouch knew this and tried a different tactic. He placed the burden on himself, all the hate drawn to him...so when he died everyone was freed. Thus creating the ideal world.

Enemies- Yeah, they both have enemies. Derp again. Light's enemies however, were trying to stop a psycho claiming himself to be God from ruling the world. It needed to be brought back to how things were before. Essentially with good there comes evil. You cannot change or expect otherwise. Controlling by fear will not fix this.

God- In no way did Lelouch ever want this. Light did. The end.

Everything Death Note

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games