Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Things in towns that cannot be picked up/caught?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Barhaka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:58 pm
Twice now I've been to the towns and found that there were certain items I cannot pick up. When it happens, my avatar "curses" (has a dialogue bubble that reads "@#*!!").

The first time was at night, and the offensive item appeared to be a piece of crumpled paper, but I figured I just was not discerning the item correctly due to the darkness, so I left it alone after a few tries.

The second time it was daylight, and I was trying to capture a yellow butterfly. It made it into the net, but instead of going into my bag it just froze with the net over it. After a few seconds the butterfly started flying again. I tried again, and this time my avatar "cursed." I tried several more times with the same result.

Why couldn't I pick up these items? Do I need to do or use something special to take them?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:04 am
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...

.::Oh, its nothing to worry about::.
i dont know why you cant catch these bugs, or pick up the papers, but it happens to everyone.
Its just one of the errors of gaia, dont be bothered by it, fortunately theres lots more of those items. ;D

...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

Barhaka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:16 am
Oh. Okay. Thanks! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:41 am
User ImageUser Image
You must train more and hone your catching skills. Try practicing by catching common house flies with chopsticks.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items