Reply Community Lounge
Homeless Again... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:39 pm
As most of you know I just recently got out of a homeless shelter after a miserable 6 months. I was very excited to move into my new apartment...

Well Happy Thanksgiving to my family. Because while we were away enjoying overly dried turkey and an aray of veggies our house was on fire.

Apparently our landlord had never cleaned the pipes to the woodstove, our main source of heat. There was a large build up of creasol, which started up than lead into the walls. Luckily there was no loss of life, even our cats our fine. Even most of our stuff is only smoke damaged, we didn't lose much to the actually fire. I think the only item was a broom from the dollar store that melted.

However we are out of a place to live again. I will post more when I know more...

Discuss:
~Unlucky living situations
~Fires!
~Getting out stubborn smoke damage from fabrics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:51 pm
Well... the *really* important thing is that you're all safe. That really sucks, though. What does that mean for your deposit and rent? And are there any places opening up for you?  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

PandyChibi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:54 pm
Oh my god... gonk *huggles* I'm sorry Ladi... god, that's horrible. I hope everything turns out okay. Will you be able to get a new home soon? I wish I could help in somehow... At least no one was hurt and you're all fine. I've never been in a fire... I'm quite happy about that. Though I've been very smart and I've gotten burned once and a while because I decided it would be fun to play with matches sweatdrop I wish the best for you Ladi and I send you lots of love heart I wish I could do more...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:09 pm
aretoo
Well... the *really* important thing is that you're all safe. That really sucks, though. What does that mean for your deposit and rent? And are there any places opening up for you?

That should mean that she gets her deposit and rent back. Maintenance of the heating system like that is generally the landlord's responsibility.

Did you at least have renter's insurance? There was an apartment building that burned down in town at the end of last summer and most of the tenants didn't have insurance...

Hell, I'm living at home and pay the $7/month for renter's insurance...  

124-C

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:16 pm
Kals is questing again!
I sure hope you had tenant insurance!

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:36 pm
omg, I am glad that you guys are okay, stuff is replacable, people and pets are not. If you have a wood stove you definately need a fire extinguisher ready for worst case scenarios. thankfully you weren't home when it happened. I hope that you find more luck at your new place and that you find one soon  

palnoki

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:59 am
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!
We don't need no water, let the mother bu--

<_<
>_>

Wrong song...

It's gettin' hot in hurrrrr...

Gosh darn it! ;D

Well, it's good that among all the things in the house, that you all still have your lives. 3nodding

Better than being dead, in most cases.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:38 am
I live in a dinky 2-bedroom aprtment that gets ants and moles and...mold. We have black mold growing on the different walls of our apartments, specifically in the corners. WE can't even use one of our closets it's so bad.It sucks, especially since our landlord is a slium lord and all awe ever do is get ignored by him. Your landlord should either give you back your money or get you a new place.  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

The Chexed Nut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:34 am
I... would want to report that mold to the health department in your area. The landlord can get fired and perhaps they'll prevent him from renting out any more compartments. Mold's dangerous and disgusting all at once.

Or, if you're looking for a quick solution, spray some hair spray on it and light it on fire. >8D

I'm sorry to hear your homeless yet again, Ladi. It's a think my parents definitely worry about as the economy goes all to hell. *Hugs.* I hope things look up for you in the future~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:30 am
Nope. We take care of the mold with bleach. TI always comes back and it completely ruins the carpet, but it's all good.

Don't worry, Sadi. It'll be okay. heart  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:33 pm
Well damn, what ever god you believe in doesn't like you.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:18 pm
sad Jeez I'm sorry to hear this...but, I'm glad you're ok at least..and your cats too.  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:29 am
i saved my boyfriend and his mom from a fire once. they didn't know how to work a fire exengrushier and i did. sorry to hear about all the bad stuff that has happened to you.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Goodness me! eek

PukeFacedFreak

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200

Omochii

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:37 am
I guess just saying "Ouch" would be an incredible understatement, eh? :/

*Hug* As others have already stated, at the very least, there's the good news of no loss of life - so whatever's lost can be regained again. I really hope you can get resettled soon, and in time for Christmas, or at least, to brace the majority of the winter. Good luck, Ladi. >_< Hope to hear from you soon~  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff