Reply Community Lounge
Surprise Interviews -- Like Surprise Buttsecks? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:20 pm
So, I just got a phone call and an email message from Brave New Media (looking at their portfolio and comments they've designed stuff for Malt-o-Meal, WB, and other things), a design firm with offices in Minnesota, California, and Greece. They want to interview me tomorrow. I just turned in my resume yesterday. Now, I know that they're most-likely rushing this interview because it's Thanksgiving week and not because of my skill but I'm still nervous.

I've never had experience working in an office environment (I've had some fairly light clerical duties) and yet they're willing to see if I do have the balls to work for their firm. I'm so nervous about it because they seem so big and intimidating, and the woman who I talked to seemed like the no-play-just-work kind and I'm so hoping that I don't mess it up somehow. But this could be the break I'm looking for; it would officially make my weeks 35-40 hour work weeks.

Soooooooooooooooo Neeeehhhhhhrrrrrvvvvoooooouuussssseeee.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:34 pm
Slap your balls and drink 5-Hour Energy.

You'll do fine, kid. ;D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:34 pm
stare *grumble grumble* Gahh...lucky! You've got an interview!

*Puts jealous, bitchy, grumpy self in a corner*

Ahhh, I swear I'm not a raging crazy...not really. sweatdrop I've just been job hunting for ages, and I'd kill to have an interview. That's where I always do my best. When I meet someone face to face, I usually make a good impression.

You'll be fine. Everybody has to start out somewhere. If you want my advice, just be yourself and be honest. Show them how much you want the job, and that you're willing to work hard and learn from your experiences there. You'll be fine. They want to interview you because something on your resume grabbed them and made them go, "We need to talk to this person face to face." So now it's your chance to show them that in person.

You'll do great. Good luck wink  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:47 pm
Well, I've never had an interview, so I don't know what to say on that...
But good luck, Linny! *good luck hug... okay, it's just an excuse for a hug, deal with it =P *  

Lobo-chan

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:45 pm
Congratulations on getting an interview and good luck to actually get through it. I'm sure you'll do well. Everyone's gets nervours about interviews. smile

When I applied for my first job, I went in to hand in my resume and they asked me to come back the next day for an interview. Mind, a check out job really doesn't compare to what you're going for but it was my first ever interview for my first ever job so I was as nervous as hell.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:59 pm
Interviews aren't new to me at all, but this is the first time that I've felt really really nervous about it. I mean, I'm capable of doing teacher interviews, but I feel a bit fish-out-of-water with this one because it's a clerical position. Not that it's that difficult or anything; I'm essentially doing clerical and secretarial duties. But it's something new.  

Sentama Lin

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:22 pm
Make sure to bring a pillow for your knees.

*high fives Xikrai*

biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:28 am
...lolwhut? Why would I need a pillow?  

Sentama Lin

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:53 am
Lolwhut indeed. ;D  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:22 pm
So, after the interview, I just got what you two meant.

Bastards.

I wouldn't do that for 11 USD/hour.  

Sentama Lin

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:28 pm
You'll do perfectly fine, Kasu. I feel nervous like that every time they call for a random personnel inspection here on base. I get all shaky and crap. It's difficult to know exactly what to say and do just as it's hard to keep your uniform straight, pressed, and squared away at all times. -_-; I feel you. stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:30 pm
*Steps in late* :O You've had it? How did it go?  

Omochii

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:31 pm
Sentama Lin
So, after the interview, I just got what you two meant.

Bastards.

I wouldn't do that for 11 USD/hour.

What about for $11.50?

xd

Great way to start the day. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:43 pm
The person I'm working for is a female. talk2hand

Lots of money would need to be paid for that kind of thing, Jafty.

As for the interview it went swimmingly. Though I was: a) way overdressed -- everyone dressed casual (not business casual but casual-casual) and b) probably blabbered on a bit too long. But I sounded natural and she seemed interested in me working. She said for sure I'll be called back for second round of interviews. :3  

Sentama Lin

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:45 pm
Yay for Lin!
^.^

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items