Nova95

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:04 pm
Hey ppl

for this topic u can either post here or u can take the poll
but just be honest because im not judging u

anyways want i want to know is if u ever made ur own band what kind of music would it be, wat would be ur name, and if u would rather play ur music with famous musicians or just ur friends  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:46 pm
I like a vast variety - a bit eclectic.

I mostly stick to sixties and general rock. Sometimes techno's alright if i am in the right mood.

I also like some jazz.

The only music I am not so fond of is most country and rap.

Marshall Mather's old stuff is alright though  

Pahukumaa

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:03 pm
Isn't... there... already... a music thread? neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:49 pm
There's a "What are you listening to" thread. But there's a valid discussion topic in this thread. If you've ever been in a band and what kind of music you play/would play.

As for me, I've never had the talent to play professionally. I play the accordion, and I love it. When you pull the bellows and push the keys, you can really make the instrument sing. I was never that great, and I HATED playing on stage. I really just liked taking the lessons, not having to worry about other people watching me. Just making music with my teacher, or at home made me happy. I still pick it up sometimes. I taught myself how to play "Still Alive" from Portal and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day on it.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:56 pm
Kals is questing again!
I'm doing a concert on Monday, actually... with my choir.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:23 pm
I was going to play piano and sing in a band before they decided to get the drummer's girlfriend instead. But, uh... I wanted to do a sort of mix between Incubus and Counting Crows... They wanted to be like Toxic Black Rose plus Evanescence.
And for the record, that band died.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Dinosaur Next Door

Shaefer_A

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:31 am
I would probably play southern rock with my buddies. I`m a big fan of Charlie Daniels and Lynard Skynard.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:31 am
i like all kinds of music but if i had to choose it would be R& B.  

gem2star

Omochii

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:24 am
I'm a big fan of anything cheesy and poptastic. biggrin

ninja [Kung Fu Fighting, anyone?]

...And bad rap. I lurrrve bad rap. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:40 pm
I've already started a hundred bands with my brother.

My brother and I are the front men (and the only current members) for The Time Guys. We have the best stage show ever, and we have a sound that won't be defined for another fifteen years.

I'm a member of Melf and the Acid Arrows. Satirically themed D&D music. On hiatus.

My brother is the founding member of The Bongo ********. An all bongo metal experiment. They're also currently on hiatus until they actually get a set of bongos.

So in reality I'm not in any bands. But I can dream. surprised  

WiskersThCatfish

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:44 pm
I'd probably make a Jewish Klezmer band with another violinist, a clarinettist, possibly a few guitars, a saxophone, accordion, or other instruments we can find. Otherwise probably a string quartet or recorder quartet.

In any of the types of bands we'd probably play our own materials in both stuff, do some Jew'd up (sorry if it's offensive) versions of popular music, or do some regular classical repertoire (for the quartets).  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:19 pm
I Like all kinds but really music you can hear and sing too.....I love Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band....long ago and long forgotten.  

Topaz Citrine

Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff