Reply Community Lounge
Where does it all come from?! D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:24 pm
So, we've been cleaning up my parent's place to get it all pretty for the holidays and I can't believe all the clutter!

Where does all of this stuff come from? Why doesn't it leave?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:24 pm
I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. :3  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:29 pm
Jaft
I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. :3
"On the contrary, Mr. Spock. Gravity is foremost on my mind." mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:17 am
Magazines reproduce faster than bunnies. Leave an issue of National Geographic out on a coffee table next to an issue of Runners World and in a week the whole table will be covered in "Consumer Reports" and various magazines you can't remember buying or subscribing to.  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:49 am
Pens. Holy crap, pens.

Everyone, or almost everyone, has or had at some point that token pen cup with various writing instruments all jammed in there so tight you can't get one out without pulling four more up with it.

And everything ends up down in the couch. From stuffed animals to slices of pizza. It's crazy.

Those entrance hall/hallway tables where people put their keys? Despicable. SOOO much stuff ends up there in my mom's house.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:32 pm
x-Dark-Pisces-x
Pens. Holy crap, pens.

Everyone, or almost everyone, has or had at some point that token pen cup with various writing instruments all jammed in there so tight you can't get one out without pulling four more up with it.
xd Oh my God, I cannot emphasise how true that is. O_O

There are pen cups everywhere in this house. Half of them are pens that don't even work anymore, which makes you wonder, why are they still here anymore?! gonk  

Omochii

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:44 pm
Oh god. Our kitchen counter is perpetually covered in stuff. You can never actually use the counter to prepare food, since it's home to:
-4 sets of keys
-purses and wallets
-multiple pairs of sunglasses
-packs of cigs, rolling papers, and empty liquor bottles ( stare Not mine.)
-take out menus
-various mail and junk mail, for us, plus the last 5 residents of the house
-magazines
-CDs
-pens

gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:06 pm
Oh dear god, pens.
>.< In my parents' house, the kitchen has a rather large cup that is packed with pens. And then in the drawer below it there are more pens gonk
And in the drawer adjacent to that one is just...It's a disaster in there >.< There are old toys, coupons (most of them are already expired gonk ), take-out menus, old forms that never got filled out, some extra school pictures, a couple old drivers licenses (if you dig far enough), a treasure-map-style-menu from a cruise that we went on like 3 years ago, and envelopes.

And magazines of course XD In my old room, I typically had a stack of Game Informers tucked away in this little open area below my desk drawer. And then there's random National Geographic from years past hiding somewhere in the house (they got tracked down and thrown out the summer I moved out though) and I had some points or whatever from the airline company so we got free subscriptions to like 4 magazines so of course those are littering the drawers, counters, and the kitchen island(they're usually on the kitchen island if they're no more than 2 weeks old). My mom tries to clean the house of any extra magazines but they just pile up again within like 2 weeks XD

invisible-weirdo

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:21 pm
It gets worse if you have pets. Not only do things end up moving around, there's hair in addition.
And I have to admit a fair bit of clutter on our part tends to be from old action figures and soda cans, and more than a few dishes on occasion. Luckily, most of our random crap has been sealed away in a storage unit.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:11 pm
invisible-weirdo
Oh dear god, pens.
>.< In my parents' house, the kitchen has a rather large cup that is packed with pens. And then in the drawer below it there are more pens gonk
And in the drawer adjacent to that one is just...It's a disaster in there >.< There are old toys, coupons (most of them are already expired gonk ), take-out menus, old forms that never got filled out, some extra school pictures, a couple old drivers licenses (if you dig far enough), a treasure-map-style-menu from a cruise that we went on like 3 years ago, and envelopes.

And magazines of course XD In my old room, I typically had a stack of Game Informers tucked away in this little open area below my desk drawer. And then there's random National Geographic from years past hiding somewhere in the house (they got tracked down and thrown out the summer I moved out though) and I had some points or whatever from the airline company so we got free subscriptions to like 4 magazines so of course those are littering the drawers, counters, and the kitchen island(they're usually on the kitchen island if they're no more than 2 weeks old). My mom tries to clean the house of any extra magazines but they just pile up again within like 2 weeks XD

I knew it! I once had an emergency need for a pen. I had to write a confirmation code down for a writing contest I won. The lady calling wasn't going to be in for a full week after that. A full week longer that I'd have to wait for my money.

So I go to the Pen Cup. THE pen cup. And begin cycling through. NOTHING worked. Not the capless sharpie, not the two ball points, not the felt tip, not the broken white crayon (WHITE!!!), not the four broken wooden pencils (who REEALLY need a sharpener anymore), not the four mechanical pencils (no lead/broken tip)... It depressed me. Thankfully I found one in the couch. Hurray clutter!!  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:54 pm
We've got one or two pen cups at my mom's house, with half the pens not working... And table top? What's that? We've got tables, but they've long since been buried under tons of stuff >.<
I suppose we'll throw all the stuff off of the dining room table for Thanksgiving, though... meals almost never involve tables, just a sense of balance ^.^;

My dad's house? Eh, it's fairly clean I suppose, 'cause my stepmom is just like that... Though my dad's office is a mess and it's impossible to find anything in there unless you're him... It's even worse than my room! eek (though he'd probably say otherwise)
My biggest beef at my dad's house, though (other than real beef), is the fact that the phone is never where it's supposed to be... the phone rings, and I spend half the time it's ringing running around in circles in an attempt to find it ^.^;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:41 pm
My problem is paper. Mostly my TAFE work. I try to sort throught it and throw some of it out, but instead of the pile groing smaller it seems to multiply! gonk  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items