crap... Vegetarian has a point... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:56 pm
All right so the title was actually NOT my reaction to what one of my friends said, but it was a reaction someone had. Due to a recent convo I was reminded of a point my vegetarian friend made "if you'll eat meat, why won't you eat EVER part of the animal and well... every animal? What's the big difference?" Now my immediate response was yeah I'll eat any part of the animal, I mean if its part of the digestive system I WOULD like it to be cleaned extremely thoroughly since well... I don't want to eat poop but I'd eat it anyway. And except for bugs, I'm willing to try any kind of meat. Hell, my vegetarian friend thought he could gross me out with the idea of eating rats and all I said was "as long as its cooked properly"

Anyway my main point is this, what are your reasons for not eating something? or for eating something? What totally grosses you out?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:10 pm
This reminds me of a conversation I had with some girl from Toronto (who had never been far from an urban centre, I might add).

Several of us were sitting in my university's cafeteria, and we got onto the topic of moose meat, deer meat, rabbit meat, etc.
The girl from the city was absolutely horrified, and asked us how we could possibly eat rabbits or deer.

Except, she wasn't a vegetarian, she was eating meat at the time. gonk A cow, a pig, a deer, a rabbit...
Not sure why some people make a distinction. They're all edible, they're all animals. I'm sure humans are technically edible.

Anyway. I don't eat meat, but that's because I just don't feel healthy when I do. : D Also, I will admit that eating animals grosses me out a little bit. If it weren't for the health issue, it wouldn't gross me out enough to stop eating meat.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:14 pm
Humans ARE edible, but I think eating human meat and KNOWING its human meat messes with your psyche like major to the point that it drives you nuts or something, probably one of the reasons its said that human meat is highly addictive.

Yeah I hardly ever get grossed out enough to stop eating... anything. Ants, spiders, any kind of creepy crawly near my food makes me stop eating automatically... well not automatically but if I can't salvage it tis gone.

edit: forgot to add... I've ALWAYS wanted to try deer and moose meat, I've had rabbit and it was soooo yummy  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:31 pm
Everything in this room is eatable, even I'm eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

I have to admit, there are probably a lot of meats that I wouldn't eat. Silly queasy me. That said, I am also seriously considering becoming vegetarian and am not a big fan of meat regardless.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:34 pm
I'm definitely the exact opposite of you Terra... there's nothing I love more than meat xd I think I was a carnivorous animal in a past life  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:39 pm
Sanzoskitsune
I'm definitely the exact opposite of you Terra... there's nothing I love more than meat xd

Quotes. Glee.
I find that the consistency of certain things would be the main "no point" in most cases. I mean, I've had chicken, cow, squirrel, fish, and gator in one instance. Depending on how they are prepared, anything is edible. Nobody likes rubber chicken, but a properly marinated dish, cooked to a moist perfection, now THAT is something worth eating.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:45 pm
Very true Erv, I mean anything can taste good if prepared properly. It's all about the right seasoning and the right cooking technique 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:51 pm
As it stands, I rarely eat any greenery. I only recently started eating the potatoes in stews, and I still can't stand cooked carrots. Reminds me of baby food. A carrot should be crisp, and have a resounding report when munched on.
Also, mashed potatoes. Can't stand 'em. Though, when paired with a good roast, and perhaps a decent gravy, the consistency can be overlooked.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:59 pm
But.. I loves mashed potatoes! They are made of yummy and awesome! Though I will agree that cooked carrots equals not good  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:01 pm
(Damn me >.< Get off of Gaia! You've got a test in an hour! scream )

*ahem* Anyway...I'm Asian. >.> In most cases, my weird (in terms of food) and your weird are two completely different things sweatdrop I've eaten pig's blood (yum dinuguan =P) and cow's tongue (though I was tricked into that one gonk my grandma wouldn't tell me what it was until after I took a bite. And then I got all freaked out. But in retrospect, it's not that bad. Tastes like Chili =P). I've had alligator and shark.
And like Erv and Sanzo said, just about anything can taste good if prepared well ^.^

Though I do have limits stare I generally don't like my food to stare at me (that doesn't mean I won't eat it. I just don't like to eat things with the head still on >.< I get uneasy...(But then I go back to eating it XP)). And I refuse to eat insects (fortunately, that's not usually on the dinner table at home), but that's mostly cuz I'm a**l and I can't help but think of how unsanitary it is >.<
And I refuse to eat dog or balut(...I don't wanna define what that is...if you really want to, go look it up or something but you might not want to gonk ) >.< My dad has eaten both, I believe crying Poor doggy...

But yeah. I laugh at PETA-grade vegetarians who don't like me just cuz my food used to have a momma. 3nodding

EDIT: I'm with Erv on mushy carrots >.<

invisible-weirdo

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:03 pm
Kals is questing again!
There are certain meats that I don't like to eat. I dislike pork most of the time because it tends to have more sodium and fat than I like, and you have to be super paranoid about parasites and things from it. The StalkerBunnies that run rampant in our city also carry a parasite that is harmful to humans and is not destroyed by cooking, so I won't eat those even though rabbit is lean and delicious. I avoid eating carrion animals for the same reason -- diseases and parasites are not high on my list of enjoyable things.

Regarding the issue of human cannibalism, not only is it socially unacceptable, it has been linked to the transmission of a disease called kuru, which is very similar to the human variant of mad cow disease.

Otherwise, if there are no health-related reasons why I shouldn't eat something, I only tend to avoid it if I dislike the texture (like lima beans, or tofu, ugh!) or if it has a smell or aftertaste that reminds me of excrement, like liver when it's not cooked properly, or kidneys.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:03 pm
Well, mashed potatoes by themselves, even if properly seasoned, don't tickle my fancy. I think it's because they are just so... mashed. There's too little resistance, and I feel like I'm eating some sort of goo.
And yet, I love vanilla pudding and most types of Jell-O. And butterscotch.
mmm, butterscotch...
Er, wait, where was I?  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:06 pm
Ew at Butterscotch >.>
And Marshmallows. Most of the time. Dunno why, but I just don't like marshmallows too much (except for this one thing that's likea marshmallow-y thing on top of a chocolate cookie-like thing covered in chocolate. I love those whee )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:06 pm
I have not had pig's blood... I don't think... but then knowing my family I could be wrong. I HAVE had cow's tongue and that is made of delicious. I love having tongue tacos, I will eat like 10 of them at a sitting if I can manage it. I know what balut is and I might give it a shot sometime, I'm not sure that's one of those weird... but I don't even like egg normally kind of foods.

PETA people make me laugh cause well... they're just so damn pathetic. And they obviously don't get that hey us meat eaters, yeah we really don't care what you have to say. We've made the decision to continue eating meat and anything you have to say is null and void, which by the way this seems to be the latest attempt to make people not eat Turkey for thanksgiving. I get that the game is supposed to gross you out but all I can think was... OOH FUN! yeah I'm made of horrible  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:07 pm
I actually like that one. 3nodding  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers