Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight
  ew
View Results

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:57 pm
So I saw the twilight thread and the thread about people laughing at the Joker in the batman movie. After watching twilight myself, I thought about when people laugh during movies.

I notice people chuckle just a bit at the small, amusing comments. On the other hand when I think something is funny (and it generally isn't actually that funny at all...) I just burst out laughing.

Example: I thought the make out-ish scene in Twilight was hilarious, and the entire time I was just laughing.

Example 2: (note for spoiler if you haven't read the 4th Harry Potter book or read the movie)

After that guy dies (don't remember his name) in the maze scene, and Harry is transported back and they're playing happy music, my sisters and I were laughing hysterically. (because Harry was sobbing loudly and they were just playing happy music in the background) Other people in the theater were crying and some turned around to glare at us.

So when do you laugh during movies? Do you laugh? Do you get annoyed at other people laughing really loudly in the theater?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:48 pm
TurtIe Tracks
Example: I thought the make out-ish scene in Twilight was hilarious, and the entire time I was just laughing.

Example 2: (note for spoiler if you haven't read the 4th Harry Potter book or read the movie)

After that guy dies (don't remember his name) in the maze scene, and Harry is transported back and they're playing happy music, my sisters and I were laughing hysterically. (because Harry was sobbing loudly and they were just playing happy music in the background) Other people in the theater were crying and some turned around to glare at us.

That sounds just like me, I laugh regardless of what people in the theatre think.

-La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My Scroll  

Trish the Stalker

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:23 pm
Remember that scene in Titanic where Rose pries Jack's ice cold hands off the headboard she's floating on and let's his dead body sink away? The part at the very end right after all the "I'll never leg go" business?

I said "Glub, glub" as the movie showed him sinking and all my female friends glared at me, making me laugh like crazy. Gotta rememer they were all weepy so they looked really funny glaring at me while crying for a fictional character.

Oh and I laughed at the guy who hit the propeller...as did all the guys. The rest of the movie was rather easily forgotten by me. Oh, I laughed at the scene with Rose and the ax, and at the sex scenes because of how lame they were.

I can't take chick flicks seriously. No one should ever take me to one, not if they are serious about it, because I will laugh at the lameness of the movie. But movie theater snacks I take very seriously...buy me lots of snacks and you won't hear a peep! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:27 pm
TurtIe Tracks

Turtle isn't the guy who dies in the maze in the 4th harry movie is played by the same actor who plays the vampire in twilight?  

Kire Kaysan

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:30 pm
I really, really, REALLY hate it when I'm surrounded by people who laugh during the WHOLE movie.

D8<

I would slap the @%@#$% out of those women... But I can't, it would be against the law.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:32 pm
I don't like people who shush others during the freakin' previews. That is annoying.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:41 pm
@Kire: Yes but I didn't know that xD Funny how they both cause me to laugh at them, hm

@Jaft: I personally find it pretty amusing unless I actually like the movie. But I almost never hear ladies laugh a lot during movies, only guys. :[  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:50 pm
These two young Asian ladies laughed during the whole adventure movie. D8<<<<  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:05 pm
D:

...something tells me that I should never watch a movie with you. *cough is the kind of person who laughs the entire time, though not that loudly cough*

@Belle: The truth is when they cried and glared at us it just made us laugh harder. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:08 pm
I double dog dare you to, Turtle Tracks.

>:3

Think you can handle my slaps? 8D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:16 pm
I'd totally do it, I laugh at everything. Not to mention I'd like being slapped around a little surprised

-La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My Scroll  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:18 pm
I don't mind laughing; funny is funny. I hate when people bring young children to the movies and expect them to sit still for two hours. burning_eyes  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:20 pm
xxstephasaurusxxrexxx
I don't mind laughing; funny is funny. I hate when people bring young children to the movies and expect them to sit still for two hours. burning_eyes
Then they start ******** crying or running up and down the damned aisles and all you wanna do is stick your foot out and trip them....

EDIT: Steph, what are you wearing for your avatar's shirt?

-La Belle Isolde-

My Scroll  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:21 pm
Or even better, they kick your seat to amuse themselves, or climb all over the ******** place.
I hate kids.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:44 pm
Kals is questing again!
I expect to see kids when I go to a matinée showing of a g-rated movie. I do NOT expect to see kids (sometimes toddlers!) at the 9pm showing of a PG-13 or higher rated film, and yet there they are. If children cannot sit quietly through a movie at home, they are not ready to sit through one in public where they will disturb people when they start whining. Then again, I am one of those "don't take your kids to a restaurant until they've learned table manners" people.

Shushing people during trailers and ads is stupid, that's when you're supposed to get all the chatter out of your system before the movie starts.

The only time laughing bothers me in the cinema is when there are some douchebags who apparently smoked up before the show laughing at the top of their lungs at things that aren't remotely funny. I mean, I'm one of those people who catches jokes that other people don't but I don't drown out the next 15 minutes of the movie cackling about it.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas