Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply 21+
General Chit-Chat - Stop by and say hello! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knock-Knock
  Who's there?
View Results

Sablara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:19 am
While we have many 'general' threads, I was inspired by Antonia's "Side Notes" thread and Doressa's "Wah!!" and wanted to make a General Chat thread where people can pop-in and say hello.

I have found (from other sites) that people are more likely to post if there is one thread with many people, rather than if there are many threads with few people.

Feel free to talk about anything - or even just lurk, *bump* or *poke your nose in*.

I'll start off by complaining about the easterly wind...it always brings flies! *goes and grabs her fly-swat*  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:40 am
It's chilly here right now. I hate winter sad I don't even like winter clothing. I feel like a wobbly marshmellow of clothing down the street.

On the upside I'm listening to "Stupid Girls" by Pink biggrin  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:17 am
Well, I for one like winter. 3nodding I can't wait for it to snow! blaugh heart No more allergies, aches, pains (well aside from the ones that "predict" the snow and forewarn its coming), and sickness (I get sick when I get too hot).

Right now I'm listening to an oldies radio station (love oldies) blaugh and trying to do some homework that was assigned to me by my animation professor. He's going to help me finish my subway train scene, which I will post as soon as it's done, at school. 3nodding Currently working on our group project. I have the opportunity to find sound effects and soundtracks. blaugh I think that is one of the coolest things in the world!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:07 am
i'm not too fond of winter, if for nothing else, we have about a hundred or so morons every winter that think it's perfectly fine to speed around at a good 20 miles per hour over the speed limit. the last thing i want is to get slammed into again.

i still have no internet nor a working power supply for my computer. i'm only able to get on when i'm over at my brother's or my aunt's. i apologize again to everyone for my absence.  

Super Buick

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:11 pm
Good plan, Sablara!!

I'm a big winter fan! At least in winter you can always add more layers...there's only so much you can take off in the ridiculously hot summer....

----------------
Now playing: Mirah - Cold Cold Water
via FoxyTunes  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:23 pm
Like Winter? I could understand liking snow (though I've not seen it myself), but I really dislike being cold. I'm sure it's just the way Australian houses are built for the heat, not the cold.

Speaking of Australian houses - I've just put up shade cloth (well, almost finished, I'm still yet to hang the second one) in preparation for the summer heat. The back of my house is all glass doors/windows, so I need to make sure they're shaded in the afternoon. Insulation can only do so much!

Oh and I'm so pleased with myself I have to share it - yesterday afternoon I "stole" a limestone block from down the back lane. It took me about 20mins to get it 50meters! They've piled up old blocks along the fence line...I'm not sure if they were planning to get rid of them or keep them...but I've been looking to get one for AGES, so I didn't stop to ask!
eek

Monday morning ...time for work!
Hope everyones week starts well
heart  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Mercenaryx2070

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:34 pm
I'd Love snow more if it weren't so cold
But it does look pretty.
Especially since they put in these new street lights last year.
I'll have to take a picture when it actually piles up.
Which who know when that'll be?
It was 60 degrees Wednesday, and then there were snow flurries yesterday and today, it somewhere in the upper forties...
gonk
I HATE it when the weather can't make up its mind.

Also, my new job is painfully easy. So much, that after week two, I'm already pretty bored. So I have to try to make my own fun-
Like pretending that the very long line of people at your register is actually a zombie horde, just waiting to purchase their post-apocalyptic wardrobe and gummy brains 3nodding
Please be nice to your register person at your local retailer...
Or rather, try to make their day more interesting somehow sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:00 pm
Winter is just all around bad, at least for me cause I don't like cold. Or ice. It would be my ideal if we'd get about 1 1/2 ft of snow on Dec 23 and the after New Year's it would be back to 70.  

chibihotachan

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:03 pm
I think I dislike the cold because I feel like I'm dying whenever I walk out into freezing weather. In hot weather I just feel uncomfortable and thirsty, but in the cold I freak out because I feel like I am slowly freezing to death. Generally I joke that I'm a Phoenix, so naturally winter and I don't mesh up too well.

On the upside- I have oreos! -taunts others-  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:38 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant

On the upside- I have oreos! -taunts others-

No fair

Did you know oreos are vegan?  

chibihotachan

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:28 am
I hate winter, the cold, and snow and all of it, It snowed here today, i'd be more upset, but I got to see Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalacki in person today so mother nature can live.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:21 am
Mercenaryx2070

Also, my new job is painfully easy. So much, that after week two, I'm already pretty bored. So I have to try to make my own fun-
Like pretending that the very long line of people at your register is actually a zombie horde, just waiting to purchase their post-apocalyptic wardrobe and gummy brains 3nodding
Please be nice to your register person at your local retailer...
Or rather, try to make their day more interesting somehow sweatdrop

Normally I would say how much I hate being bored at work, but I've been so busy in the last month I'd LOVE a day of nothingness!
Today, at 4:55, for the *forgets how many times now* my boss asks me to do something for the presentation first thing tomorrow morning. I refused. Not only did I refuse, but someone else was in the room.
I plan. I like to do a good job. I fail to see that a lack of planning from HIS part means a sense of urgency on mine.
*insert swearing here*
I refuse to do overtime just because he 'forgot' to mention is sooner. I don't get paid enough to take that kind of treatment, nor do I like the possible effect it has on my career (ie if I don't have enough time to prepare for the presentation then it makes me look bad, not him).  

Sablara
Vice Captain

Ameliechan

9,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:43 am
for me there is nothing better than sitting in a warm room , drinking coffee and looking out of the window while it´s snowing and a little stormy.

this year i´m going to make an Advent calendar for my boyfriend.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:26 am
I hate the snow and the winter and the cold weather. I'm not too fond of Christmas, either, to be honest with you. So this is never a good time of year for Headhunter.

I also had to paint walls all day yesterday, so I missed my football team play. But they got stomped, so I guess I was spared the agony.

On the plus side, I finished a story outline I had been working on for the past two months or so. Woo!  

Headhunter
Crew

Mercenaryx2070

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:23 pm
Sablara

Normally I would say how much I hate being bored at work, but I've been so busy in the last month I'd LOVE a day of nothingness!
Today, at 4:55, for the *forgets how many times now* my boss asks me to do something for the presentation first thing tomorrow morning. I refused. Not only did I refuse, but someone else was in the room.
I plan. I like to do a good job. I fail to see that a lack of planning from HIS part means a sense of urgency on mine.
*insert swearing here*
I refuse to do overtime just because he 'forgot' to mention is sooner. I don't get paid enough to take that kind of treatment, nor do I like the possible effect it has on my career (ie if I don't have enough time to prepare for the presentation then it makes me look bad, not him).

No kidding O.o;
I s'pose I should be thanking my lucky stars, then
But that sounds really rough...
At least with these small time jobs I have, I know that it's just a job and in no way will really effect my career (whatever that will be).
Good luck with that-
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you ^.^;  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas