Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
-*- zOMG questions! -*- Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about zOMG?
  I love it!
  I hate it!
  Eh, I don't really care either way.
  I feel lost and confused...
View Results

Kogane-Maru

6,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:57 am
I was thinking that perhaps we should have a zOMG Q&A thread, instead of having a lot of scattered questions, without cluttering up the generic Q&A thread. If there's one already and I missed it I'm extremely sorry. With the game being so new (to so many of us) it seems useful to me to have a single place to go to look for answers.

I'll go first!

Q. Are there certain items that will not drop in certain areas?
Ok so that's a rather broad question, but I have picked up a bunch of recipes, and I've noticed that I can find all of the materials that they need except cotton. I haven't left the Village Greens yet, so is this something that drops in a different zone or are all drops randomized, and I've just been unlucky to get this much plastic?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:32 am
Q. Can I make multiple items out of one recipe?
I have multiple recipes for the same item. Does making the item also use up the recipe?  

Kogane-Maru

6,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200

fillabunny2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:35 am
A) While there's some slight overlap, for the most part different areas have very different item drops. The cotton you're looking for comes from the Air Fluffs on the Ranch, where you'll be going next smile

(This is one of the best zOMG guides I've found. It includes the drops for each enemy in each area, amongst other things.)

A) Making an item will use up one copy of the recipe.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:42 am
I just came back to say I found my cotton lol. Ah, yes I remember that guide, I was looking at it a week or so ago before I was able to play. Neato.

Thanks for answering all my questions! I swear Filla, you are the most helpful person I've met in my 2 weeks here. biggrin  

Kogane-Maru

6,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tycoon 200

Tebasile

Moonlight Harvester

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:31 am
...birds creep over tin roofs, like criminals with tap shoes...

.::Also, we are currently working on a walkthrough::.
its in the making, but we are working on it ;D

...stain the glass with windows, extortionate and cold stare...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:25 pm
No problem! And thanks, that's why we're here ;3  

fillabunny2

I Am Twin 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:13 pm
I need help. I am stuck in the sewers and can't get out. stressed I can't talk to Dani or Barry to get quests because there is no bubble near thier heads. What do i do? crying  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:30 pm
Oh yay, and what do i do with the bronze, twigs, stems, and the pinwheel fin? I have at least ten of each and don't know what to do with them. sad  

I Am Twin 3

ladyemily1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:18 am
I have heard of people who cant get to move on the train...what can you do?The guy doesnt say anything else and your stuck you cant move forward or back.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:12 pm
Anybody know a solution to my problem. i would really like to go to the other places than stay stuck in the sewer.  

I Am Twin 3

fillabunny2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:47 pm
I Am Twin 3 - I actually just found a fix for the sewer problem. It looks like deleting your cookies, cache and browsing history will put you back to before you accepted the quest. If you accept it again it should allow you to complete it smile

For your second question - enemies drop a lot of different materials like that throughout the game. They're used in making item recipes, which you can also get from monster drops or by completing certain quests. You can make recipes by going to Back Alley Bargains and clicking the "Make Recipes" button.

sweetladykatie - I'll see if I can find any posts on this problem, but the fix I mentioned may work for that as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:51 pm
thanx alot. i'll try that out and see what happens.  

I Am Twin 3

I Am Twin 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:09 pm
is the name of a cookie different for every person or is there a specific name for it?
or is it a file. should i delete everything that deals with zomg because i can't figure out which cookie to delete.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:31 pm
Delete all your cookies, to be on the safe side. Gaia will always fill them in again for you as you browse the site.  

Avzel

I Am Twin 3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:09 am
what would happen if i deleted the gaiaonline files?  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff