She's doing it again... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:20 pm
So my mom got home today and decided to practically attack me for not cleaning up the downstairs and just laying around all day. While under most circumstance I find this just simply annoying but see her point this time... I feel like she went too far. I spent all Friday cleaning the kitchen which was a complete mess and Pandy helped clean up the living room and we barely got recognition for it. However, my dad makes ONE comment about how we forgot to vacuum and all of a sudden all my mom can do for two days is complain about how we don't clean enough. Again, level of frustration increased when I realized my mom hasn't done a thing to clean the downstairs in 2 weeks. She cleaned her room on Friday, whoop de flipping do, I did that too and cleaned the house. Now look, I'm not complaining about having to clean, I don't mind cleaning when the house is a mess and I know it needs to be cleaned up. What I DO mind is not feeling appreciated for the work I DO do. Yes, we forgot to vacuum, you don't need to attack us for two days straight to get me to do it. You also don't need to act like I never do anything around the house because I chose to sit around and watch TV on my DAY OFF!

sorry for the rant, anyway to those who need the spoon feed, talk about times you did something and nobody said thanks or showed any appreciation

ps: did I forget to add that I've been cooking dinner for months now so technically my mom has done NOTHING but come home and watch tv for the last two weeks? Yeah...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:38 pm
I've been working pretty hard lately, I feel, and I don't think my frustrations are really understood either.

I may not sit around at the TV on my day off, but I do definitely get reclusive and get straight to work on art with the computer. The other people in the house don't like that much.

I'm less pressured to do housework and more having the stress I'm under taken sort of lightly. I guess it's because I don't get too expressive with that sort of thing. I'm okay doing things when people ask.

Ah, here's something that can apply; every so often I have to stay with a friend, and said freind's mother, I've found out, is talking behind my back about how I'm such a bad guest because I don't do enough when I'm over there. :/. I don't do any less than their own daughter, I clean up after myself, and I wasn't even there to make the mess over the week. (It's not like they were even asking me to do anything- which I would have done, if they had just asked.)

So, yes, I get stressed out by similar things often.

K0m0d0

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:43 pm
>< Goes to show, people around you never REALLY get you. And also, you're a guest at a friend's house, they should be going out of their way to not make you do anything really. I mean I've had friends over, friends I consider family and I bully them when they try to clean up! That just seems overly harsh to me for your friend's mom to be complaining like that, does she not get that you're a guest?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:37 am
Sanzoskitsune
So my mom got home today and decided to practically attack me for not cleaning up the downstairs and just laying around all day. While under most circumstance I find this just simply annoying but see her point this time... I feel like she went too far. I spent all Friday cleaning the kitchen which was a complete mess and Pandy helped clean up the living room and we barely got recognition for it. However, my dad makes ONE comment about how we forgot to vacuum and all of a sudden all my mom can do for two days is complain about how we don't clean enough. Again, level of frustration increased when I realized my mom hasn't done a thing to clean the downstairs in 2 weeks. She cleaned her room on Friday, whoop de flipping do, I did that too and cleaned the house. Now look, I'm not complaining about having to clean, I don't mind cleaning when the house is a mess and I know it needs to be cleaned up. What I DO mind is not feeling appreciated for the work I DO do. Yes, we forgot to vacuum, you don't need to attack us for two days straight to get me to do it. You also don't need to act like I never do anything around the house because I chose to sit around and watch TV on my DAY OFF!

sorry for the rant, anyway to those who need the spoon feed, talk about times you did something and nobody said thanks or showed any appreciation

ps: did I forget to add that I've been cooking dinner for months now so technically my mom has done NOTHING but come home and watch tv for the last two weeks? Yeah...
Does your mom work???? If she does, maybe she`s too tired when she comes home to do any housework.  

Shaefer_A

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:19 am
Yes she works, does that give her the right to be ungrateful for the work I've done? No, I don't think so. Besides, she's the one who's been telling me she's been having an easy time at work lately and actually had free time.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:03 pm
yeahhhh... that's pretty unappreciative and inconsiderate of your mom, dude. neutral not cool. i know the feeling... i feel like that whenever i make an effort to do something around the house that takes a great deal of effort, and then it gets criticized for not being done "right". talk2hand

this doesn't happen often anymore since i've learned to either fight back politely or just ignore it, and my granny has gotten much better at saying "thank you" when i do small things, which is nice. smile

today though, we were talking about how we'll fix a hole in the drywall after we figure out a small water damage problem in the house, and i tld granny i can fix it (which i can, given that i get some pointers from the guys at work first). her comment was "oh, like how you fixed the kitchen cupboards?"
.... emo i worked DAMN hard on painting/staining those cupboards. they'd been stained and stripped and re-stained over afew times.. and FINALLY i managed to get the nastyness off and get the woodstain even. i think it looks pretty nice, even though the handles haven't been put back on yet. they still need to be painted.
...it looks GOOD, and you don't even notice that the handles are missing.

anyway, so i left the room and i could hear try to apologize for the comment... she came upstairs a bit later and gave me a hug, and told me she didn't mean to insult me. smile which was nice.

LONG STORY SHORT... xD
i guess if you let it blow over for a while and tell her how shitty it fels later, she might come around. smile  

~DR.MOOFASA~

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:58 am
I know how that one feels Sanzo. My mom does the exact same thing, it's why I don't live at home anymore and now we two get along very well now.

-La Belle Isolde-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My Scroll  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:36 pm
Sanzo... Slap her and tell HER to get off her a** and clean then.

I know this situation pretty well, because I have a full house to clean every week. I go there and clean it, which usually takes a full night, then my brother messes it up the rest of the week and invites people over, and then I go back again the next weekend and clean... It's a never ending cycle. Never appreciated for my work, and now, it's EXPECTED of me. If I don't go there for a weekend due to being sick, he'll have the nerve to say "You know, Dad's house is a mess, why didn't you go and clean it?" as if to say I'M the one making the damn mess there in the first place. I also help my mom around my house from time to time, but then again, from the time she gets up at about 6:30ish, till the time she goes to sleep at about 10:30ish, she's doing NOTHING but cleaning, cooking, or something along those lines.

Either way, I think you should tell her "If you want the room vacuumed so much, maybe you should get off your lazy a** and DO something around here."

You work enough as it is Sanzo, you shouldn't have to put up with annoyances like that.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Yggdrasiln

Backwoods Backpacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:04 pm
Ugh, my mother is the exact same way.
I alway cook, clean, and have to emotionally take care of her. It's far too annoying.
Just start ignoring her, and telling her that she can't preach at you if she's being hypocritical.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:04 pm
I think I have ot agrre with you on this, Sanzo. My mother was like, "You never do any work! I do it all!"
A, exactly who is it who cleans th bathroom from top to bottom jsut for the fun of it!?
B, I'm the one who does the dishes unless someone else decides to do it, which is, like, hardly ever!!!
C, I don't do that much work when Iget home from school because I'm TIRED. I have to go over ot my locker, then down the hall a bit, then back over ot my locker then upstairs then downstairs and across the school then back upstiars then back downstairs to my locker then all the way across the school in the other direction then all the way to my locker then in the other direction to the gym then all the way acroos the school completely and OUTSIDE, then back to my locker. My path crosses like a hundred times a week, dang it.
D, SHE'S not he one who has to deal with my retarded brothers each day.
Adults these days are ot very pleasant people, are they?  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

sahihen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:23 pm
I used to clean a bit. Pick up after myself but when my mom started to nag me more I stopped. So she yelled and all that crap. So I stopped cleaning all together until she stopped and now I clean up after myself.
That's just me though I don't tell people when they did something to hurt me... whee

But I really hate it when I clean something and then I get yelled at to go clean again... When Colin didn't even look to see if I cleaned it! evil evil  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:00 pm
Historically has not hitting the b***h worked?  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

EBMoonside

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:04 pm
If you're of age, move the heck out! Let them lazy frickers do it all themselves!
If you're not of age, then you have my condolences! Sorry for your luck, but, at least, you won't have to live there forever. Good luck!! wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:16 pm
xd this is what I get for not replying to this thread in so long

@Moofasa yeah its blown over, she hasn't bugged me about it in well... quite a while so I'm better about the situation, a lot calmer.

@La Belle the funny thing is me and my mom DO get along very well, just one of the few things she does that bug the hell out of me

@Pancake, I probably should have spoken up about it, I just didn't want to get into a huge fight.

@Otawan well I don't have to emotionally take care of my mom but I get what you mean, and I don't want to ignore my mom, just have her respect that hey I do do some stuff around the house

@Blu if you clean the bathroom for the fun of it why complain about it? Just an observation, I mean yeah you should get some acknowledgment but yeah. And honestly going to school and dealing with your siblings is not as hard as going to work. Really you only listed two things you do, clean bathroom and do dishes, my guess is your mom does everything else so... yeah she can complain. Cooking dinner, taking care of a younger sibling, cleaning half the house and taking care of our dog is definitely a lot more work than that.

@sahihen yeah that's pretty much my point. I don't like being yelled at for the cleaning I have done

@Sav sweatdrop I am not gonna hit my mom

@TheVamp well yeah I'm of age but its not that easy to move out first of all, I have no job, no steady flow of me, and honestly my situation at home isn't that bad. I can do pretty much whatever I want meaning I have a pretty sweet deal here, why would I give it up? Yeah I get into fights but well... the security of knowing I have a place to sleep and food to eat kind of well.. nullifies that, if I had a job I might just move out though.  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:07 am
Sanzo, my brother's the idiot who posted "!!!!!OMG! DEAD!!!!" on that other forum. And that's just the start of it. And all my mother does is cook, she doesn't even get her own water! She makes me and my brothers do it, and doesn't even really ask, she just says "Get me water" and if we don't do it she grounds us? All she does when seh gets home from work is go on the internet. and she doesn't even do anything on that but talk to her internet boyfriend. xp
It bes annoyin', doncha know. {and I wasn't complaining about cleaning the bathroom, I was just saying maybe a little help would be nice}  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff