Submit

chirpysmom

Questionable Genius

14,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:13 pm
I love to read, but I also write (mostly poetry). I believe that the two are related, at least to an extent. I think that the more you read adn the better your vocabulary gets, then the easier it will be for you to get a message across to another person. I think that once you've reached a certain level of communicative skills, you'll feel some urge to write (or maybe draw, which I dabble in) something. It may be lyrics, poems, short stories, or even novels. I guess that some people get this out of their systems with their blogs. I try to write about things that matter to me when I write. Care to share your opinions on this with me?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:14 pm
Yeah, I agree. I sometimes write stories, but I'm not very good at it. I mostly write songs. But in English two years ago I was told that lyrics are a type of poetry. If you think about it, they rhyme like poetry, they have some sort of pattern, they're meaningful like poetry. Yeah. And I love reading too. You know in those exams where you have to write a short story? Well I find that really easy because I read so much. The only difficulty is that I can't stop writing! In essays I don't have trouble getting to the word limit, I have trouble going over so I have to cut back!  

musicmagician823

5,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:24 pm
I prefer to read and draw than write, but I find that sometimes I just have to get an idea on paper before I get sick of it. It's like a line of a song stuck in your head, only it's a scene playing on repeat. I guess it's a form of creative constipation. xp
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:38 pm
I agree with your position, except that I find it to be true on an even deeper level. Even if it is not true by profession, I find that people tend to be on the 'yes' side of art, or the 'no' side as far as personal ability and interest. There is a tweener classification that can appreciate a form or forms of art, but this particular view of people has led me to see what is often the most hidden part of people these days.  

Elemental_Wolf

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:59 am
I love any way to express art, but mostly writte, I write about what I´m feeling in the moment, if something happened to me or any of my friends. I draw too but not that much. And love to read.  
Creative Crossroads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games