Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KuraiTsuki

3,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:29 am
    So... I'm at college and I live in a college-owned house. Recently, a mother cat and her two kittens have taken refuge under the house's back porch. From what I can tell, the mom is probably at least a year and a half old, and the kittens are about 6 months old. It's started to get colder out and I'm afraid they'll freeze to death once real winter weather sets in. Sadly, we can't take them inside because animals aren't allowed and two of the other residents very allergic to cats. D: I'm in the process of trying to find a No Kill Shelter in the area so I can try and put them there. I wish I could keep them, though. ;-;

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:59 am
I hope you can find a good no-kill shelter. I know they tend to have long waiting lists.

You could always try to find homes for them yourself if you can't get them into an appropriate shelter soon, and also make them comfortable under your porch. A dry box lined with blankets and towels can be quite cozy. I've also seen outdoor heating pads for pets, which might be a worthwhile investment if they're going to be there through the winter.

Do you have a cheap spay/neuter program in your area? If you can get them fixed that would be really good, as if the kittens are 6 months they're likely all going to be breeding soon and having more kittens to deal with would be just bad, and if they've stuck together as a family to that age, you've likely got three females.  

Anlina
Captain

500 Push Pins

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:14 pm
If you're ever in East Hartford, Ct, then there is a no kill shelter called Protector Of Animals, and they mostly shelter cats there.  
An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games