SSB Brawl Championship Tournament - Closed Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:57 pm
(This was aproved by 'Link)
To kick off the new year I will be hosting a Brawl tournament in December. All are invited to join. Sign-ups will go on through November. To enter simply fill out and post the Entry Form.

- Entry form -
Gaia Name:
Brawl Name:
Friendcode:

Rules:

1. This tournament is a standard Elimination style tournament. However, each round will be randomized instead of going by a chart. You never know who you are fighting next.

2. Each match will be 1 vs 1, 3 stocks best 3 out of 5. You are allowed to switch characters if nessicary, but be prepared for long battles.

3. Items are banned! Items must be turned off for each match. If you forget to do so, you must restart the match and turn it off for the match to be valid for this tournament.

4. The following stages are banned:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You must remove these stages from the randomizer before each match. If your randomizer selects one of these stages, you will have to do the match over again for it to be valid for this tournament.

5. In the event a combatant is inactive for an inexcusable amount of time they will be removed from the tournament and the win will be given to their opponent by default, unless the opponent is just as guilty. However, if there is a combatant sitting that round out they will take the absent combatant's place.

6. As of Dec 7, a Loser’s Bracket will be used. When you lose a match your name will be moved from the main bracket and placed on the second, “Loser’s”, bracket. Once you lose a match on the loser’s bracket, you will be removed from the tournament. Each round, names will be taken from the main bracket and put on the second bracket. (There will be only ONE Loser’s Bracket.) The tournament will continue when a winner from each bracket is found. From there, we will move into a final match.

Guilds Sponsoring This Tournament

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Gaming Guild + Brawl
HOST

Super Smash Bros Brawl Official Guild!

Super Smash Bros. Guild

Nintendo Wii Guild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:59 pm
Grand Prize!!

The prize for this tournament will be a game download of choice off the Wii shop channel. Sponcers of this tournament will pool their Wii points together and perchase the game and send it to the winner as a gift. (Donations and offers are still accepted to ensure a decent size prize of the top three spots. If you are interested in sponcoring please PM me.)

Grand Prize Sponsors - Wii point amount offered

Luther Olathes: 500 Wii Points
Nitrox Dragon: 500 Wii Points
Cormini: 1000 Wii Points

Total Pool: 2000 Wii Points

(More Wii Points donations welcomed!)

1st Place Prize
Any game from the Wii Shop Channel with value up to 1500 Wii Points

2nd Place Prize
Any Game from Wii Shop Channel of value of 500 Wii Points

(Values subjected to change)

Luther Olathes

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:00 pm
Good Luck to those who made the final cut.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 pm
HamsterBlaster(ejg)-1719-2847-8890  

HamsterBlaster

2,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:35 pm
Nice to see the roster is filling up. There is still plenty of time to join the tournament. So, join in on the chance to fight powerful opponents from all over Gaia.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:11 pm
we don't have to add EVERYONE do we?  

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:49 pm
Only the person you are matched with.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:22 pm
Only 3 weeks are left untill this tournament offically begins. If you wish to join, fill out the form. A PM will be sent the week before the tournament begins to confirm entries. Any questions or comments, feel free to send me a PM.  

Luther Olathes

The Immortal Prince

Eternal Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:53 pm
I would enter... except that Hot Arms is going to mop up the entire thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:05 pm
I seriously doubt that. There are alot of strong opponents in this tournament. Few of which I blieve are stronger than he is. I do agree HotArms is a strong opponent, but he is not the only one around.  

Luther Olathes

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:30 pm
There as been an update to the list of Banned stages. Please take note of it and be ready for Round 1 on December 1st.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:04 am
I would like to join, I will have to check my friend code, and I will post it later  

DivineMaster

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:26 pm
i havent seen Hotarms but id love to see J-Pipe on the list. hes damn good and could prolly give hotarms a good match  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:15 pm
You should play against Cormini, Kyrenx, and Heath Yorama. I have fought all of them as well as Hot_ArmS. They are all worthy opponents. This tournament will indeed be an interesting one.  

Luther Olathes

cmdood

Dedicated Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:39 pm
The Immortal Prince
I would enter... except that Hot Arms is going to mop up the entire thing.

you shouldnt think of it as competitive though. i only entered for fun i dont expect to win  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff