Submit

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:30 pm
I seem to drag most of my friends into the SCA with me. Whether they stay in after I get my claws out of them or not is open to debate, but many of them go to at least an event or two.

So what about you? Do you pull people into the SCA?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:51 pm
i just brought a friend to her first event this summer... i'm so glad she likes it, because i'd been telling her about it for years, and i was about to think she was getting sick of it. plus, i've brought my mom and my boyfriend's parents to events before when there's been a public demo... and now my dad really wants to go to an event because he's so curious about the fighting.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:22 pm
littlegreengirl
i just brought a friend to her first event this summer... i'm so glad she likes it, because i'd been telling her about it for years, and i was about to think she was getting sick of it. plus, i've brought my mom and my boyfriend's parents to events before when there's been a public demo... and now my dad really wants to go to an event because he's so curious about the fighting.
Awesome! My parents have no interest in the SCA (well, maybe my mom is harboring some interest somewhere... but I rather doubt it). I have a couple cousins who are in the SCA, and my fiance just went to his first event with me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:27 pm
I've been recruiting like crazy at work... and I've actually had quite a few nibbles. I put up flyers in the breakroom and do lots of crafts when it's not busy, which gets peoples' attention and curiousity up. So far I haven't been able to get anyone to any events, but someday I will.  

Tangentia

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:18 am
Llelwyn
Awesome! My parents have no interest in the SCA (well, maybe my mom is harboring some interest somewhere... but I rather doubt it). I have a couple cousins who are in the SCA, and my fiance just went to his first event with me.

well, i think my mom's mostly interested in the stuff that will apply to my wedding someday, which will be SCA themed.... she likes to see dresses for ideas for herself (she's already got the pattern for mine...) but oh well!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:34 am
I brought 11 people in with me.
now only two stand  

Red Zomby

SashaRavensorrow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:11 am
I've brought quite a few of my friends and now they won't stop bugging me about when the next event is! eek  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:47 am
I recently dragged my friend's roommate into the SCA. My friend had attempted to do so himself, but I sealed the deal. Go me.  

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

Orzhov dark scion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:41 am
Llelwyn
I seem to drag most of my friends into the SCA with me. Whether they stay in after I get my claws out of them or not is open to debate, but many of them go to at least an event or two.

So what about you? Do you pull people into the SCA?

my friends make me take them, it is always funnier if the come so I dont mind  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:59 am
I was introduced to the SCA through my friend Elizabeth. She insists she's taking all of us with her to Pennsic one year. I would love to go if I could afford it.  

Reijin-chan

Kalyn_the_timid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:13 am
lol, I haven't pulled anyone in with me but I've been fighting pretty hard to get in, lol

Me'n my brother have been trying to get involved for about two years, but our mom's against it, so blah.

I did finally get to go to my first tournament though. blaugh
Yay for the wonder that is the SCA.

However my friend that got me involved is awesome. wink
He's gotten quite a few people from my school to follow him. (yay!)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:35 pm
Kalyn_the_timid
I 'n my brother have been trying to get involved for about two years, but our mom's against it, so blah.

2 years? Wow.

How come your mom's against you joining, if you don't mind me bein' all nosy?  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:50 pm
Sunegami
Kalyn_the_timid
I 'n my brother have been trying to get involved for about two years, but our mom's against it, so blah.

2 years? Wow.

I don't know about her mom, but I've known others to be forbidden by parents to join because they for some reason think it's some weird cult. They still found ways to do it, though... with a little help... wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:44 pm
littlegreengirl
Sunegami
Kalyn_the_timid

2 years? Wow.

I don't know about her mom, but I've known others to be forbidden by parents to join because they for some reason think it's some weird cult. They still found ways to do it, though... with a little help... wink

I think mom's probably one of those ones thinking its a cult.
Apparently there was a relative of ours who was a member of something akin to the SCA and he had some "odd" funeral and had his armor displayed or something. Not having been born at the time of the event I'm not entirely certain, but mum gets strange when she talks about it.

Ah well, she did finally say that she might permit me to go to a war in October though! It took rather a lot of pestering to get her go, lol. Considering my friend had her as a student for a year and asked her then, and then continued to ask her whenever he saw her at school the following year...and now she has another SCA minded student in her class that's been trying to convince her so far this year. I'm rather excited.

Until then I am contented to hang out with the interesting folks at our fighter practice when I can manage to get there. ^_^  

Kalyn_the_timid

xxDethWishxx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:07 am
I was one of those people that got dragged to an event. My friend is a 2nd gen and her family was going to Pennsic. She invited me and while I wasn't kicking and screaming, she did tell me more than ask me. So I went for the second week and now I'm a lifer. I absolutely loved it. This year my parent's and best friend Marcie are going with me. I can't wait. xd I did find out that there is a little group based out of Salisbury. I live just a few miles away. Like a 20 min. drive. I think I am going to check it out. If I can't get my parents addicted maybe they will get SCA memberships and I can piggy back on that at least until I graduate college and can afford to get in myself.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff