word of mouth
  an old SCA thread
  a direct invite
View Results

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:53 pm
I'm just curious to find out how people have found our little Guild here... especially since there are so many new members!

- If you also have an interesting story about how you joined the SCA, please share!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:01 pm
I just searched the guild system for the SCA 3nodding  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:07 pm
I was told about it by Keeta.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:49 pm
well spiffy! mrgreen  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Tangentia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:21 pm
I searched the guild system.

As for how I got involved in the SCA, it feels kinda backwards. My mother got involved because she's a metal caster and we met some Scadians at our first Ren faire. She searched out our local group and when she saw the website she started dragging me to meetings and volunteered me to make a better one, which I was more than happy to do. I didn't start really getting into it though until I realized that I needed to to get to understand what they needed the website to do. I love these people and what they do is so much fun, so I decided to pay up and make my appointment official.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:20 am
Curiosty compelled me to look for one.  

fish_bait

WWVelasca

Demonic Shapeshifter

22,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:20 pm
Keeta's fault  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:11 pm
I was posting in the thread in the GD when Imzy said, "Hey! How about I raise funds for an SCA guild!"

It was great fun.

My mom told me about the SCA. I was only 12, so I couldn't really get into it on my own.  

Arithrel
Crew

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:17 pm
Arithrel
I was posting in the thread in the GD when Imzy said, "Hey! How about I raise funds for an SCA guild!"

It was great fun.

teehee, i remember that! it was great fun... i was so enthused.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:59 pm
I did the whole stalking my friend's guilds thing, and I noticed it on one of the lists. XD  

Isabelle

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Annalise Morwen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:28 am
Arithrel

It was great fun.

Pretty much. Although I think I was nudging Imzy because I'm far to computer illiterate to want to manage a guild, or I would have done it.
But I'm glad we have the guild. And I will try and post more often.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:23 pm
Someone's banner.

I saw and clicked...... then I spent a few hourse on google trying towork out jsut what was going on.

whee I now I'm all interested, but I don't have time to get involved. cry

ninja I swear, once I turn 18 (8 months) you'll see me at events. If you're from An Tir anyway.  

Myythren

LittleBlueBoy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:54 pm
I blame it all on the little green girl. I started dating her and then she started dragging me to these crazy events where people dress up in period garb and get hammered. lol. I must say I love the SCA though. I've met a lot of really cool people who I can say will be friends for life, and dressing up in a kilt definatley has it's perks.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:05 pm
I was searching the Guild network, looking for an SCA guild. I think it was right after an event... probable.  

Courtesan Brigitte

geminimaeve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:22 pm
I joined cuz they let me play with sharp pointy things, more so let me beat them with big sticks. I meet a guy in our UC who at the time was actually the president of the school group and started talking about his sabers, he gave me his email to contact him but I didn't. Three months later there was a booth in the UC for the group and this time I decided to go. I enjoyed beating people up during some rough patches of life, then stayed in though later because the student group made me president (okay well actually I staged a cou against the slacker his flimsy pointy stick vs my 5 ft axe, yeah he didnt stand a chance pirate )  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff