Reply An abnormal love of cats
Crazy Cat Stories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lily-Anne-Marie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:03 pm
So share your crazy cat stories, stuff that your cat does that you find really strange.

My oldest cat, Missy, my baby girl who I grew up with as a child loved beer as a kitten. Seriously. There was a point where my dad was drinking one and she kept licking his face and the beer bottle to get a taste for it. Finally he put some into the cap of the beer, not enough to kill her but enough to give her a taste.

She laps it up, makes a face like a kid who at spinach and hated it then ran over to her water dish and lapped up water trying to remove the taste from her mouth. Well you'd think she would have learned. Nope. She came back a second time to drink the beer again. She did this three or four times. It was really funny.

-----

A story from Chester (He's no longer with us)

We had moved into my grandfather's house because my dad had just gotten an honorable discharge from the military. We had Missy, Shadow and Chester. Chester was the youngest. Well there was a day where we had the windows open and Chester being the fat cat that he was jumped into the window and began leaning against the screen.

Wouldn't you know it, the screen came loose, fell to the ground and took him with it. He fell two stories to the grass below. Scared him so badly that he took off and his under the porch.

My parents and I noticed he was gone and began calling his name. All the sudden I hear this meowing coming from underneath the porch. I called my dad and he eventually coaxed Chester out from beneath the porch but the poor baby was so scared that he was purring and shaking at the same time.

------

A story from Shadow

Still living with my grandfather we were fumigating the vents because they really needed to be cleaned out. Shadow, the curious cat that he was crawled into the opened vent (the cover was off) and slid down the pipes into a crawl space down in the basement.

My mom freaked out because she couldn't find Shadow and I went downstairs to the basement to look for him. I called his name and heard meowing from somewhere. I checked every place I could think of. I went into the laundry room and called his name again and that's when I heard him meowing. I looked all over and couldn't find him.

I ran back upstairs and asked my grandfather and dad to come downstairs to help me find him. Turns out right in the middle between the washer and dryer there was a small crawl space with a board covering it. Somehow he had fallen through the vents and into there where he was stuck.

My dad got the board off and got him out. He never went into a vent again.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:01 pm
My cat Midnight was sleeping in the windowsill and it was so funny he rolled over and fell off.
Another time he got out of the house, he would use his paws on the back screen door, well he was gone for 2 hours and we were worried and then there he was around the corner of our neighbor's house with Socks the neighbor's cat, he was outdoor our cat was not an outdoor he had no claws to protect him, anyway my mom yelled at him and he ran so fast and bam right into the closed screen door. haha it was so funny I miss him.  

NightWolvesCry

Friendly Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Pickles And Pretty Ponies

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:48 pm
My dad hunts, and he has this stuffed raccoon. My cat, Moo Moo, is terrified of it. Maybe because it smells real or something. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:29 pm
We never expect Snowflakes to do anything weird so one day, out of the blue, she starts chasing her tail for about ten minutes! xd She does it until she bumped her head on the wall. It didn't hurt her or anything, but it was just so funny! blaugh  

Crazeh Spazzy Cat

Lyca_Watyre

Enduring UFO

23,575 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:00 pm
Well, it isn't insane but it is pretty funny.

We had just moved to a new apartment and we only had Winnie (our calico kitty) at the time. I'd locked her into my room so she wouldn't dash out the door while we moved stuff in. After everything was all set, I went to let her out....but she wasn't there!
Major freak out. This was my baby that I'd hand raised through serious illness and had a special bond with so I was beyond frantic to find her. We searched the apartment, scouted the area around the building, and looked into every nook and cranny we could think of. At about 1 in the morning, we all decided to go flop into bed and resume the search after some sleep. So, I went to my room, opened a box of stuffed animals to grab one...and there she was. Winnie had crawled into a hole in the bottom of the box that had been created when the bottom flaps had popped open a little bit, dug through the plushies, and fell asleep in a nest of stuffed animals in a box that looked pretty much sealed to the rest of us silly humans.
heh, she always was the queen of hide and seek.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:27 am
When we first got my cat Peaches, we got her from a friend of my mom's. When she first came home, she ran into my little brother's room because it was the closest area to where she was let out in my house. After about a day or two, she left the room, and we couldn't find her the next morning!! I was really scared that she ran off or died or something... But after about another day or two, she appeared from behind my mom's dresser! That really surprised me because it was such a tight squeeze, but it taught me how amazing and ninja a cat can be. biggrin  

Recohn

Dapper Smoker

4,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

littlekitti41096

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:48 pm
My cat,Comet who is 10 and small(i mean small lol)....once smacked my dog (who is a pit bull,who by the way is not evil!he is very sweet and about 7 months old and i hate ppl who hate pit bulls (srry) ) while he was sleeping and ran away!Hahahahahahahaha,My dog was tottally clueless!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:04 am
We had some file cabinets with a rabbit cage on top of them and a prairie dog cage on top of that. The top of the prairie dog cage was almost to the roof. Well, my dad was asleep in the chair next to the cages when my cat Giselle decided to jump off of the top of the cages and landed in his lap. It suprised him.  

kirara-the-nekomata

Simply A Detective

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:38 pm
Once, my fat cat was being chased by our doggies, and she fled to every hiding place she could think of.
Finally, she decided to go downstairs and hide behind our washer and dryer behind the stairs like she always does.
Well, you gotta remember, these doggies aren't fat and Cassie is, and she flew down the stairs, her claws ripping up the carpet in fright. She decided to jump the last two stairs, and went spread-eagled on the linoleum.
She slid through the tiled kitchen, bumping into the turn on her belly, looking extremely fat and had this funny, terrified look on her face.
She eventually stopped and bumped into the little speedbump thingie that was probably made for those things that leads to our living room.
She never tried to jump stairs again, and I can swear by my spit that there is still tabby fur from the end of the stairs to our living room speedbump sliding cat-stopper thingie.

Another Story:
My kitty was walking to rest on the rim of the washer one day like she always did.
There were still some suds from the recent load in the washer that was in the dryer.
Cassie had never heard the dryer running before, so it scared the crap out of her.
She is fat, and remember, being fat takes away coordination.
So she falls into the 1 foot deep washer full of suds, without any way to get the heck out.
She starts yowling her head off, and my mom and I look high and low for her till we reach the laundry room.
It takes me, my mom and my brother to pull that fat cat out of the washer and get her dried off.
You'd think she learned her lesson, but she stilled sat on the rim of the washer till we moved to the house we live in now.

Another story!
~~~~~~~~~
We were in the living room like day before yesterday, me and my brother.
We complained of being hot, so my mom opened a window.
Here's the thing; the window was an entrance to our backyard and has no screen.
So, we cooled off.
Yesterday, we went on a hunt for Cassie.
Couldn't find her, but it didn't worry us, she was always in a closet or the little space behind the stairs or something like that.
I came home around midnight from something and my mom says,
"You know how you couldn't find the cat? Well apparently she snuck out the window and went up the chimney. We think she was there all day yesterday and all last night!"

Sure enough, I walk inside and sitting on a chair was a slightly sooty, purring, rumpled Cassie.

This one just happened today:

I was sitting in my chair, drinking my milk from my cereal bowl. I put it down to type something, and then go to the lavatory.

I open the door and this gray blur streaks past me and turns around abruptly.
She had gone to investigate what was in the bowl, and stuck her paw in it. sweatdrop

Anyway, she runs past the water bowl, and her paw gets dunked in there.

She sits there, looking at her wet paw, runs around for a few, and then sits and licks her paw..  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 am
One of my three cats, Baggie, got crazy one day and started following me around the house. He then started jumping and trying to bite my legs, so I walked a bit faster. He continued to follow and bite.

I sped up and up and up. Soon, I was running throughout the downstairs level of my house with Baggie stalking me. I suddenly stopped, picked him up, and gave him a little shake and said,

"What do you want? Why are you so crazy?!?!"

After I put him down on the ground, he blinked and walked away.

,,,it was kinda creepy.  

notahorcrux

Noveron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:59 pm
i got a story! my cat cianamon is completely scared of our dog bella a couple of nights ago bella was sleeping lon the couch when cianamon came up to her and start attacking bella nose i was like cianamos fianally gotten her revenge  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:27 am
My mama cat named Etna has a strange way of wanting in the house. We have Crank windows. When she wanst in, she jumps onto our deck table and looks in the window. I take out the screen and she walks in.

She also loves to walk on the roof of the house. She gets down, though.  

Gutsy Taiyaki

Pup

Venuslady

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:33 pm
LOL I got one....

about 4 weeks or so ago I was playing cards on the computer, just minding my own business when I saw something brown and fuzzy FALL PAST THE MONITOR.... I hear a loud "THUMP" and then high, pathetic meowing. Samson,, my fuzzy older guy, had been SO deeply asleep on top of the hutch that he rolled off! My Mum looked at me like WTH was that??? I checked Samson all over to make sure he was OK - he was. I think it just more scared him than anything!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:40 pm
I got a story for ya:
My cat lily used to sleep on the windowsill one day i was watching her sleep and she fell off and she just got up looked around and jumped back up on the windowsill and went back to sleep. this repeated several times a day for about a month until one day my other cat Furby was under the windowsil drinking from the water bowl because it was pushed under the window my third cat Kirby came to and put it right under the sill right in the middle (right about where lily would fall to) and they walked away and before long lily comes over takes a lick of water and jumps on the windowsill and falls asleep well she fell riight into the water and she gpt up and tryed to jump back on the windowsill again (she wasn't done with her nap razz ) but from the waterlogging she was heavyer then usual and missed and fell back in the waterbowl and she never jumped into that window again

Yumixfan

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

manager mitsuki

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 pm
my cat always follows me around unless theres a dog there was one time when my cat annie was following me to the shower when i closed the door she meowed and then we took a bath together IDK maybe she just wants some attention  
An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games