Lokun

Questionable Genius

11,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:11 pm
Hello Everyone! biggrin
I've been taking some photos (tried to take screen-shots, but it's an old, messy game and for some reason screenshots didn't work... confused ) of an old PC-game about the ancient egypt. It's very nostalgic to me, because this was the first thing that got me interested in egyptian mythologi in the first place. smile

I've no idea if anyone here recognize this game, it would be great if anyone did. ^^ So, therefore I thought that I could put up some pictures here with some text and see if anyone might have seen this before. razz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:29 pm
What's the game about? I might consider getting it (I do like my Egypt games)  

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Lokun

Questionable Genius

11,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:40 pm
With the Gods

User Image

Welcome to the Gods chamber! biggrin (at least that is what I will call it for now, I believe it's located somewhere in heaven...?)
This is the place where your journey begins and where you get the task from Ra and Anubis to help the pharaoh to build his pyramid, and prevent "the bad guys" from ruin his dream (don't ask me which pharaoh we are talking about here, because no one ever speaks his name rolleyes ). You will get 3 quests to finnish, and when you done, you return to the chamber and get 3 more! biggrin Getting closer and closer to finnish the pyramid. Which of cours would take years, but luckily you skip forwards in time every once you finnish the tasks, so that you don't even grow old! Yay! 4laugh

User Image

Anubis is quite severe and cold in this game. He doesn't seem to believe that a puny human possible can complete this mission, (He acctually thretens to bury me if i don't make it! eek ) But beside that, he is very rightous and wants the pharao's dream to come true as much as anyone. He also (unlike Ra, that cheap bird... stare ) gives you a reward for your hard work (some corn), with an apology that he might have understimated you. 3nodding ... and he has a tendency to growl. sweatdrop
One small tip though; He is VERY impatience, so don't *click* on him to much after you have got your quests, or he will get really pissed! He will yell at you, and it is actually quite scary... cry

User Image

This is Ra. He is much more nicer than Anubis. He's more like a loveable grandpa, or something like that... At least, you're not afraid of him... He appears to be very wise, and he talks a bit weird... Using old words and sounds a bit philosophic... rolleyes He appears whenever you've completed a mission and recieves a scroll as proof. Then he pops up, telling you how good you are and your selfconfidence just swells of joy. lol How many people ever gets compliments from Ra? Seriously? eek  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:09 pm
Rennie`
What's the game about? I might consider getting it (I do like my Egypt games)

You get missions from Ra and Anubis. biggrin You're supose to help the Pharaoh to build his pyramid. ^^ And there's alot of things to do along the way. (the best thing is that you learn alot about ancient egypt at the same time 3nodding )
For example: You have to win over a guy in senet (an old egyptian game) to get the pyramids blocks.
You have to come up with an idea how to move the pharao's tomb. (don't use fire and sticks! eek The bad guy is trying to fool you!! gonk )
You are also suposed to help out at the work, telling all the workers what to do, and get water. (but one of the bad guys are guarding the waterhole, but you just have to go and tell Dendara and she chase him away with her cheeta/big cat with spots. xd )
I loved this game. ^^ And I still do. Though it's getting old and my computer doesn't get along with it very well. confused
I'm not sure if's possible to buy it anywhere these days. sad I think it's from 1996 or something...  

Lokun

Questionable Genius

11,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200

Lokun

Questionable Genius

11,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:24 pm
The little blue helper

User Image

From now on this little fella is going to hang around you everywhere! biggrin This scarabe, with a distinct feminine voice, helps you along the way. She only speaks in rhyme, and her so called "help" is riddles... In rhyme! biggrin She's the one who takes care of all your stuff.
You learn to love this little wretch. heart After some time... (use Esc to make her stop talking...)
And, yeah. She likes corn. And if you ever want some usefull help from her, you better give her some of your beloved corn. (which don't grow on trees you know!) Perhaps that's why Anubis gives you so much of it? Because he is aware of how much this little insect eats? Good ol' Anubis! 4laugh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:29 pm
((putting up more soon))  

Lokun

Questionable Genius

11,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:30 pm
I don't recognize it...heck, I was still plugging away on Oregon Trail back in '96...but I may be able to find it, using my, ah...connections. pirate

Edit: Okay, I found this...look familiar? Also I found a walkthrough on GameFAQs...which means a copy of the game won't be too far behind.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:50 pm
Nevira Shadowfire
I don't recognize it...heck, I was still plugging away on Oregon Trail back in '96...but I may be able to find it, using my, ah...connections. pirate

Edit: Okay, I found this...look familiar? Also I found a walkthrough on GameFAQs...which means a copy of the game won't be too far behind.

I can't believe it...! eek
That's it!!! That's the game I'm talking about! biggrin
I thought it was long gone and forgotten. xd Great! Then maybe it isn't impossible to get it. 4laugh If anyone has the chance, I highly recomend it. smile Of course, it's a game for kids (7-13?), but it's still pretty darn fun. rofl

Nice pictures. 3nodding The first one is taken at the end of the game when the Pharao gets bitten by a cobra! ninja (the girl with the pointy finger is his sister, Dendara. I'm going to put up more pictures from the game. Just because it's fun. mrgreen )  

Lokun

Questionable Genius

11,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200

Lokun

Questionable Genius

11,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:40 am
Leaving The Gods

User Image

You don’t have to walk in this game; you just fly wherever you want to go! biggrin You just soar around in the sky and click on the place you would like to visit. In every place you land you will find the “Isis knot” sign which will take you back to the skies whenever you need to. This sign can be found on walls, the ground, rocks and pretty much everywhere on anything.

User Image

When you need to go back to the Gods chamber, you just fly up as high you can come and click on Isis face which will appear in the clouds. She doesn’t really speak in the game. When you first meet her (this picture) she just tells you that “to return to heaven, seek my image in the sky” and that “My symbol helps you to return to heaven”. And that’s it. I wished that she could have a little bigger role in the game… Especially when she’s the only female god that ever appears. I remember how disappointed I was that you never got to meet Bastet…

User Image

I like this nice old man. Here is your chance to earn your first “money”. Okay, first thing first: You don’t use money in this game, you trade things instead. Some sellers only trade for certain stuff, like spices or diamonds. So it’s good if you have a bit of everything just in case. At this shop, you can make your own beer! biggrin …Yeah, this is a PC-game for children. And it teaches you how to make beer! In ancient Egyptian style! Find it a bit odd? Yeah… me too. ^^
You make four bottles and you can keep two of them which you can use in trades, or give away.

User Image

On this market you'll find three of the four workers that's going to build the Pyramid. ^^ They're quite few though... But luckily they will get help from 400 clones to be able to finish the job in time… biggrin
As you might have noticed allready, all the characters in the game are pictured as typical ancient egyptian drawings. A detail I found most interesting. 3nodding

User Image

This must be my favourite character in the whole game! His name is Byblos and he is most likely the slyest salesman and the worst fraud on the market here. xd He is selling a "magic potion" that, acording to himself, works on pretty much everything and anything. He got a silvertongue, really bad teeth, and has a certain interest for diamonds.
I use to buy loads of this stuff. Why? Because of the simple enyojment to give it away for free to persons who really needs it... All right, I just love to see what hapens to them when they drink it. 3nodding You can give away these potions to ordinary people everywhere. Either they refuse to take it, because they don't believe in such thing as magic potions (a wise decision) or they gladly accepts it and something weird or funny happens. 4laugh

Byblos claims that he got the potions from Nubia. smile And when you've bought a bottle, he quickly declares with a big grin that there's no trading back. dramallama  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:34 am
Lokun
Nevira Shadowfire

I thought it was long gone and forgotten. xd Great! Then maybe it isn't impossible to get it. 4laugh If anyone has the chance, I highly recomend it. smile Of course, it's a game for kids (7-13?), but it's still pretty darn fun. rofl

Nice pictures. 3nodding The first one is taken at the end of the game when the Pharao gets bitten by a cobra! ninja (the girl with the pointy finger is his sister, Dendara. I'm going to put up more pictures from the game. Just because it's fun. mrgreen )

It gives a price for the game, but I wouldn't recommend it for two reasons: 1) I don't think that website's been updated since X years ago because they've still got Electronics Boutique as a viable link (it was bought out by Gamestop a long time ago), and 2) paying $40 for a 12-year-old piece of software is just stupid.

McGraw Hill, the company that made the software, is still in business, but there's no mention of the game.

There are some copies on Amazon for $25, (which is still too much IMO) but it's better than nothing.

And WTF there's no entry for it on eBay. eek Lokun, you have officially broken the Internet. Stop that. D< I did find a game called "Pyramids of Ra" for the Game Boy...  

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

Lokun

Questionable Genius

11,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:35 am
Nevira Shadowfire
Lokun
Nevira Shadowfire

It gives a price for the game, but I wouldn't recommend it for two reasons: 1) I don't think that website's been updated since X years ago because they've still got Electronics Boutique as a viable link (it was bought out by Gamestop a long time ago), and 2) paying $40 for a 12-year-old piece of software is just stupid.

McGraw Hill, the company that made the software, is still in business, but there's no mention of the game.

There are some copies on Amazon for $25, (which is still too much IMO) but it's better than nothing.

And WTF there's no entry for it on eBay. eek Lokun, you have officially broken the Internet. Stop that. D< I did find a game called "Pyramids of Ra" for the Game Boy...

Yeah... *sigh* ... The price did seem to be quite much. sad (though, I'm not sure how much 39$ is here. confused (39 swedish crones are very, very cheap. sweatdrop ) And 25$ are still too much money, huh? neutral Yeah, if you think about it, it's a very old game and I think that new computers might have some problems running it. At least mine has. xp
Guess you have to look for it at flea markets or something like that. But... a game that's over 10 years old is not likely to be in the best shape... sweatdrop

Darn! Why can't things be simple! scream

You must be good at finding things on the internet. eek When I tried to searh for anything about this game, I found nothing. surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:44 am
I love these images! I wonder if anyone has a free simulator somewhere... sometimes you can find such things with really old games. Thanks for the screenshots!  

WebenBanu

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:56 pm
WebenBanu
I love these images! I wonder if anyone has a free simulator somewhere... sometimes you can find such things with really old games. Thanks for the screenshots!

Well...um... ninja *in hushed, conspiratorial tones* I've been looking for a torrent of this game in it, or the game in a big torrent of lots of old games, with no luck. I don't like using torrents very much with the way it clutters my hard drive, but I want to find it. It may or may not be illegal, (ok, it is) but I want to explore all the options.

Lokun
You must be good at finding things on the internet. eek When I tried to searh for anything about this game, I found nothing. surprised

The Internet bows down to me and calls me its mistress. 3nodding twisted

The thing with prices and old games is really a popularity contest and rarity. For instance, I bought a Silent Service NES cartridge from a vintage gaming website and spent $3 for the cartridge, $5 for S&H. ( sweatdrop ) The game was produced widely, but it doesn't have much of a fan following, and so the price is much lower. Conversely, Final Fantasy VII is going for like $80 on eBay because it didn't have a very long shelf run and, of course, it's FF7.
I'd expect this thing to run $10, really...but so far we've only found three copies and it's two discs apiece. At this rate, if you really want it, get it. I don't think a sudden surplus of this game is going to pop up and drive prices down. (Unless you notify the Chinese software pirates... pirate )  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:57 am
Nevira Shadowfire
Well...um... ninja *in hushed, conspiratorial tones* I've been looking for a torrent of this game in it, or the game in a big torrent of lots of old games, with no luck. I don't like using torrents very much with the way it clutters my hard drive, but I want to find it. It may or may not be illegal, (ok, it is) but I want to explore all the options.

LOL, yeah. ThePirateBay.com is my friend. I've been known to download a few torrents myself. wink

Nevira Shadowfire
The Internet bows down to me and calls me its mistress. 3nodding twisted

I love it! ROFLOL  

WebenBanu

Katie Tatie Tot

8,200 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 pm
No such luck I guess?? I love games like this too sad  
The Lounge